Big boy needs to strip out, here's the plan, plz review and critique.

Page 2 of 21 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Got any good links for getting started on a keto plan?
    There is the anabolic diet by Dr. Maurio DiPasquale, there is The Paleo Diet by Dr Wolfe. Those are two books I have personally read but I am sure there are others. Its not hard at all to start and the books arent really necessary unless you want to read them and get more of an understanding of what you are doing. The goal is to cut all carbs from your diet. All your calories should come from protein intake and fat intake. The first two weeks you may experience what some people call "the carb flu" it is when your body has a metabolic shift and goes from using carbs as its primary source to using fat as its energy source. After two weeks it is recomended to have a 24hr carb love fest and then it is back to 5 more days no carbs. I am not too sure how the carb refeeds will effect your blood sugars. A more better option is maybe one of the scivation diets. I believe they are based on having a carb refeed every 3 days and its only 1 meal. The key is to play around with it and see what works best for you. Scivation has a couple of really good ebooks that are free you can read. A good resource for paleo would be Mark Sissons site primal and as for the anabolic diet I am sure you can find the book online somewhere to download.
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates


  2. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    There is the anabolic diet by Dr. Maurio DiPasquale, there is The Paleo Diet by Dr Wolfe. Those are two books I have personally read but I am sure there are others. Its not hard at all to start and the books arent really necessary unless you want to read them and get more of an understanding of what you are doing. The goal is to cut all carbs from your diet. All your calories should come from protein intake and fat intake. The first two weeks you may experience what some people call "the carb flu" it is when your body has a metabolic shift and goes from using carbs as its primary source to using fat as its energy source. After two weeks it is recomended to have a 24hr carb love fest and then it is back to 5 more days no carbs. I am not too sure how the carb refeeds will effect your blood sugars. A more better option is maybe one of the scivation diets. I believe they are based on having a carb refeed every 3 days and its only 1 meal. The key is to play around with it and see what works best for you. Scivation has a couple of really good ebooks that are free you can read. A good resource for paleo would be Mark Sissons site primal and as for the anabolic diet I am sure you can find the book online somewhere to download.
    You have peaked my interest!

    Barely got my butt to the gym, losing the fire. Gonna try to finish this week strong and then shut it down for a week as far as the iron goes.

    # Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps
    1 Hack Squat
    #1 320 8

    #2 320 8

    #3 320 8


    2 Barbell Deadlift
    #1 315 8

    #2 365 3

    #3 385 1

    Need to work more on forearms, barely able to keep from dropping 385 on the floor once I got it up.


    3 Leg Press

    #1 570 10

    #2 570 10

    #3 570 10


    4 Seated Calf Raise
    #1 190 12

    #2 190 12

    #3 190 12
    •   
       


  3. Today's Nutrition totals: 2880 cals, 280 carb, 244 protein, 89 fats. Estimated output 4649 for a deficit of 1418.

  4. Jan 6, 2011
    Name: Day 3, wk 9 (Day 10 of strip cycle)
    Start Time: 05:00 PM
    End Time: 06:05 PM
    Duration: 01:05
    Mood: Normal - Not Great But Not Bad
    Notes: Lifting preceded by 2 min warm up then 5 20/40 HIIT cycles to get a good sweat going (81 cal). Skipped OH DB Presses hoping to let bursitis in left RC heal more.



    # Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps
    1 Incline Dumbbell Press
    #1 180 8
    #2 180 8
    #3 190 8
    #4 190 8
    Dumbbell weight X2

    2 Assisted Wd Grip Pull ups
    #1 210 8
    #2 210 8
    #3 225 6
    #4 225 5
    Noted weight = body weight (+shoes) of 320 - assistance weight.

    3 Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment
    #1 110 12
    #2 120 12
    #3 130 12
    Switched to this from assisted dips to spare stress on RC.

    4 Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension
    #1 35 10
    #2 30 12

    5 Hammer Curls
    #1 45 10
    #2 45 10

    6 Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
    #1 25 12
    #2 30 12
    Did these seated to minimize use of momentum, went light with strict form.

    Today's Nutrition: 2873 cal, 235 carb, 254 protein, 95 fat. Estimated output 4771 for a deficit of 1898.

  5. an 7, 2011
    Name: Day 4, wk 9 (day 11 of strip cycle)
    Start Time: 05:05 PM
    End Time: 06:25 PM
    Duration: 01:20
    Location: VW YM
    Mood: Normal - Not Great But Not Bad

    # Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps
    1 Barbell Squat
    #1 325 8
    #2 365 6
    #3 395 3
    #4 415 2
    Tried my best to go as deep as I could and got a form check. Apparently, I am a bit short of being parallel but otherwise am tight.

    2 Romanian Deadlift
    #1 255 6
    #2 255 6
    #3 255 6
    #4 255 6

    3 Leg Extensions
    #1 110 12
    #2 130 12
    #3 140 12

    4 Lying Leg Curls
    #1 110 12
    #2 110 8
    #3 110 8
    On dift machine than last week, so weights likely differ.

    5 Standing Calf Raises
    #1 180 12
    #2 200 12
    #3 200 12
    On dift machine than last week, so weights likely differ. Set 1 straight, set two toes out, set 3, toes in.

    Nutrition numbers: (today was my cheat but don't get crazy day) 3463 cals, 368 carb, 238 protein, 115 fat. Estimated output of 4925 for a deficit of 1462.

    Shutting it down for a week to heal up a bit, will continue some cardio and ab work. Will keep posting about that and dietary amounts.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    an 7, 2011
    Name: Day 4, wk 9 (day 11 of strip cycle)
    Start Time: 05:05 PM
    End Time: 06:25 PM
    Duration: 01:20
    Location: VW YM
    Mood: Normal - Not Great But Not Bad

    Shutting it down for a week to heal up a bit, will continue some cardio and ab work. Will keep posting about that and dietary amounts.
    Always good to deload, especially after 9 weeks of intense lifting!

    Might I sugegst you try and stay somewhat active during this week. Such as maybe lift you main compound lifts but only at 50% or simply jogging and doing some body weight type stuff. Contrast baths, foam rolling, yoga, stretching, massages, etc.. all great for a deload.

    Keep up the good work buddy
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Always good to deload, especially after 9 weeks of intense lifting!

    Might I sugegst you try and stay somewhat active during this week. Such as maybe lift you main compound lifts but only at 50% or simply jogging and doing some body weight type stuff. Contrast baths, foam rolling, yoga, stretching, massages, etc.. all great for a deload.

    Keep up the good work buddy
    Yep, plan on continuing the cardio work, maybe some swimming and stretching the week I am off the iron. Perhaps a whirlpool here and there.

    What is "contrast bath" ?

  8. when you go back and forth between hot and cold baths. You can try this in a shower. It is a form of treatment for inflammation. I have never personally tried it but have heard it praised before. Another techinque is simply cold water therapy. I am sure you can find more info on google. For delaod I persoanlly continue to lift at 50% and do a ton of foam rolling and stretching and maybe a massage and sauna
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    when you go back and forth between hot and cold baths. You can try this in a shower. It is a form of treatment for inflammation. I have never personally tried it but have heard it praised before. Another techinque is simply cold water therapy. I am sure you can find more info on google. For delaod I persoanlly continue to lift at 50% and do a ton of foam rolling and stretching and maybe a massage and sauna
    Cool, thanks Josh. That may be a good idea for some of my sorer joints. I have also had foam rolling suggested to me for some flexibility issues (can't quite get to parallel squatting regardless of weight.)

    Nutrition totals for 1/8/11 (Day 12 of strip cycle)
    2623 cals, 319 carb (a bit high), 206 protein ( a bit low), 58 fat.

    At this point, I am more concerned with staying in my calorie range and getting at least 200+Grams of protein daily than hitting specific macro numbers, it seems to be working thus far.

  10. I preface by saying it takes alot of courage to be where you are and wanna face/meet it head on; posting pics as well takes it even further 1 step....

    Im not to chime in much other than dont quit..never give up..dont get complacent and dont listen to negativity..Good luck friend.
    •   
       

  11. Motivation


    Taman, this was me Feb 2010, 247 lbs..even peaked at 260. I am now what you see in the avatar and been as low as 192 ripped. Now that I know how to diet effectively, I can bulk cleanly and strip without losing much muscle..

    1 day at a time and DONT QUIT!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    I preface by saying it takes alot of courage to be where you are and wanna face/meet it head on; posting pics as well takes it even further 1 step....

    Im not to chime in much other than dont quit..never give up..dont get complacent and dont listen to negativity..Good luck friend.
    Thank you Sir. Don`t need luck, got determination, the basis that I have done this before, a loving wife & kids plus a cool ,knowledgeable & awesome community to both aid & hold me accountable! I would've blown off deadlifts etc. Wednesday morn if not 4 thinking about the crap I would get 4 not following through here : )

  13. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Thank you Sir. Don`t need luck, got determination, the basis that I have done this before, a loving wife & kids plus a cool ,knowledgeable & awesome community to both aid & hold me accountable! I would've blown off deadlifts etc. Wednesday morn if not 4 thinking about the crap I would get 4 not following through here : )
    Excellent notion. My first 2-3 mos were difficult, but have some great bros here who helped aid me...

    Im subbin to follow, encourage, and yes, hold you accountable!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Excellent notion. My first 2-3 mos were difficult, but have some great bros here who helped aid me...

    Im subbin to follow, encourage, and yes, hold you accountable!
    Awesome and welcome aboard, the more the merrier!

    Today was a bit weird for the macro percentages, leaning closer to keto, but not really. Like I said earlier, more concerned about hitting at least 200g protein and at or under my overall calorie targets.

    2780 total cals, 182 carb, 203 protein, 130 fat, estimated out put of 3711 for a deficit of 931. Weekly "Tale of the tape" coming up on Tuesday, getting excited. In all honesty, I will probably weigh myself at work tomorrow but not count it until Tuesdays weigh in.

  15. Today's Nutrition info: 2787 cals, 233 carb, 204 Protein, 109 fat. Estimated output 3906, deficit of 1119. Will post this weeks weight and waste measurements tomorrow, gonna hit some cardio after work too.

  16. Today's "tale of the tape" 311.8 lbs (down 10.2 total) and 48.75 in on the waist (down 2.75 total) or a change of 4.4 lbs and 1.25 in since last week.

  17. Keep on keepin!

  18. Thanks Flex!

    Tonight was a really nice break, got to the Y, did some HIIT on the REcumbant Elliptical (Nufit), with a twist. Warmed up with resistance at 3/10 for 2 min, then 10 20/40 Intensity Intervals where I ramped the resistance to 5/10 and pushed to about 160 steps/minute, coasted at 3 till about 20 minutes then a 1 minute cool down at level 1. (155 cal). Went into the weight room and did just some light work on the rotator cuff, hit the shower and did some hot/cold contrast therapy on the shoulder, hit the sauna, cooled down and then about 10 minutes in whirlpool. I could get used to this, but this **** will not get me to where I want to be and I would get bored with it soon enough, but is a nice change of pace.

    Then I came home and spent about another 1/2 an hr blowing snow out the driveway, which is good because it helped me compensate for some poor dietary choices this morning (let's just say I had a moment of weakness.)

    So, with that confessed, here are today's dietary totals: 3281 cals, 388 carbs (my morning indescretion), 200 protein, 106 fat. Estimated output 4232 for a deficit of 951.

  19. Today's diet info: 2935 cals, 337 carbs, 196 protein, 97 fat. Estimated output 3909 for a deficit of 974.

  20. Looking good buddy!!! Keep at it!

    RECOVERBRO



  21. Ok, kicked up the cardio another notch (for me) again tonight, still used the NuFit, 20/40 HIIT with varying intesity/resistance from 3/10 on the coast mode, 5/10 on the sprint mode and busted my hump to try to hit 170+ steps/minute, did 15 cycles this way, then coasted at 3 for about another 8 minutes for a total of 26 minutes, 231 calories burnt. Threw in some ab work then hit the sauna and whirlpool. As I have eluded to, am getting the itch to get back to the iron.

    Today's nutritional totals: 2854 in (310 carbs, 218 protein, 81 fat), 4073 estimated out for a deficit of 1219.

    Also, have an appointment with my Doc next week, plan on talking to him about keto diet and the PAD/Cholesterol.

  22. Awesome news, discovered this morning that I have dropped close enough to 300 that I can now use the scale with electric impedence BF measure on it the wife got me for Christmas. I will now shift all weigh ins to this scale. This morning it had me at 306.6 and 33.1% BF and 47%hydration. I know the BF measure is not the most accurate on these and fluxuates depending on hydration levels, so I plan on reporting the hydration levels along with the BF so we can compare apples to apples so to speak. Regardless, it is more of a means to get a general idea and track progress.

  23. Changed up the cardio again today to keep it interesting. Did the HIIT thing with resistance set at 5 for the hard parts, 3 for the coasting part. Except this time I did 10 cycles with a 30/30 flavor which really pushed the envelope for me, then coasted for another 15 minutes (255 total cals burned.)

    Today's dietary totals 3034, 388 carbs (damn I have been letting the carbs hit the high side this week), 199 protein, 80 fats.

  24. Keep on truckin fella. Soon you'll be under that 300 mark.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Keep on truckin fella. Soon you'll be under that 300 mark.
    Appreciate the support Flex.

    Jan 16, 2011
    Name: Day 1, wk 1 (hellz yeah, relit the fire!)
    Start Time: 02:35 PM
    End Time: 03:55 PM
    Duration: 01:20
    Location: Williams Cnty Y
    Mood: Energized and Ready!
    Notes: Ended the rest week a day early, had the chance to lift with a friend and jumped on it. Also had a nice cardio session after 30/30 HIIT, 12 cycles on NuStep, pushing 170+ steps per minute (actually hit 180 on some cycles but could not maintain it.) Then coasted for another 7 minutes for 20 total, 173 cals burned. To be honest, I had to do something to make up a bit for letting the diet slip over the weekend.


    1 Barbell Bench Press - Medium Grip
    #1 235 8
    #2 245 8
    #3 250 5
    #4 255 4

    2 Bent Over Barbell Row
    #1 235 6
    #2 235 6
    #3 235 6
    #4 235 5
    Grip felt a little weak but we manged.

    3 Barbell Shoulder Press
    #1 135 12
    #2 145 12
    #3 155 10
    Rotator cuff felt pretty good here!

    4 Close-Grip Bench Press
    #1 170 12
    #2 170 8
    #3 170 9

    5 Barbell Curl
    #1 90 10
    #2 90 10
    #3 90 10
    Varied hand position for each set.

    Will post today's (strict) dietary totals later.

  26. Just reading over this it sounds like you know what you are doing. It looks like things are going well and the weight is coming off. I can say that working out and eating clean are the easiest ways to drop the weight. I may have never been that big but I was big for my frame and dropped about 60 lbs back in 08 hand have kept roughly 35 of it off or so, but have also put on much more muscle in the mean. As of right now I am about 180 and 15% BF. So its been a huge step from the 215 and 25 - 30 I was back in 08.

    Keep up the great work and I look forward to following your journey to a healthy life.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by KillaK2010 View Post
    Just reading over this it sounds like you know what you are doing. It looks like things are going well and the weight is coming off. I can say that working out and eating clean are the easiest ways to drop the weight. I may have never been that big but I was big for my frame and dropped about 60 lbs back in 08 hand have kept roughly 35 of it off or so, but have also put on much more muscle in the mean. As of right now I am about 180 and 15% BF. So its been a huge step from the 215 and 25 - 30 I was back in 08.

    Keep up the great work and I look forward to following your journey to a healthy life.
    Welcome aboard sir, always up for some one new to follow and keep me accountable

    Back on track with the diet: 2428 cals in, (251 carb, 213 protein, 63 fat) estimated output 4795 for a deficit of 2367.

  28. Going Sunday, Tuesday, Thur, Friday this week with maybe some extra cardio Weds. am and Sat.

    Today's nutrition totals: 2729 cals, 283 crb, 218 protein, 80 fat. Estimated output, 3868, deficit of 1139.

    Tommorow: Hack Squats and Deadlifts! Gonna PULL SOME PLATES.

  29. I can't wait to get back into my routines with the big lifts. Lately I have been doing some pretty crazy workouts created by a friend, but the results have been there... I would/do burn on average of roughly 1k calories per workout..(weights and body weight). No cardio.

    I am in this for the long run of being healthy and living. So I will hold you accountable and follow you journey along with starting my own here soon. At the end of this month I have a kickass event called the warrior dash to partake in then it will be back to working on my strength and not worrying about size.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by KillaK2010 View Post
    I can't wait to get back into my routines with the big lifts. Lately I have been doing some pretty crazy workouts created by a friend, but the results have been there... I would/do burn on average of roughly 1k calories per workout..(weights and body weight). No cardio.

    I am in this for the long run of being healthy and living. So I will hold you accountable and follow you journey along with starting my own here soon. At the end of this month I have a kickass event called the warrior dash to partake in then it will be back to working on my strength and not worrying about size.

    Warrior Dash? Sounds cool. Got any links for more info, to be more familiar with it?

    This weeks "tale of the tape": wt: 305.6, waist: 48 ( was more strict on my measuring technique), BF32.4 @ 47%hydration measured via Electrical Impedance method. That is a total of 16.4 lbs, 4.5 inches since we started and 5lbs, 3/4 of an inch since last weeks "tale"! Am overall pleased but can't help but wonder what it would have been if I had not let the diet slide over the weekend? Live and learn.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. clear plan, critique please!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
  2. Critique Plan
    By MUSCULO in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:04 AM
  3. Need Critique on my Training plan
    By The Anarchist in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 07:34 PM
  4. My SD plan. Critique please.
    By TheTalkngWalnut in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 11:23 AM
  5. Critique my plan please
    By Doko in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Log in
Log in