Big boy needs to strip out, here's the plan, plz review and critique.

Page 10 of 25 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    420-840 calories?

980-1260 calories?

What else are you guys eating? That seems REALLY high unless you're talking about egg whites with 1-2 yolks.

I can understand 10-20 egg whites, but whole eggs seems high...
    no no only whole eggs brother. i wouldnt dare throw out the yolk. i also eat vegetables, a can of salmon, steak/bison.
    BJJ = life

2. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    no no only whole eggs brother. i wouldnt dare throw out the yolk. i also eat vegetables, a can of salmon, steak/bison.
    David Suzuki Foundation: In January 2001, BBC News produced a program "Warnings from the Wild, The Price of Salmon". The program cited a pilot study conducted by Dr Easton with David Suzuki Foundation. The study found that farm raised salmon and the feed they were fed appeared to have a much higher level of contamination with respect to PCBs, organo-chlorine pesticides and polybrominated diphenyl ethers than did wild salmon. It concluded that it seems that contamination in farm fish comes from the feed.

EWG Report: In July 2003, the Environmental Working Group EWG released a report stating that farm raised salmon purchased in the United States contain the highest level of PCBs in the food supply system. In the report, EWG reported that farm raised salmon have 16 times PCBs found in wild salmon, 4 times the levels in beef, and 3.4 times the levels in other seafood. EWG recommends that consumers choose wild salmon instead of farm raised salmon, and they should eat an 8 oz serving of farm raised salmon no more than once a month.

Science Journal: In January 2004, the journal Science warned that farm raised salmon contain 10 times more toxins (PCBs, dioxin, etc.) than wild salmon. The study recommends that farm raised salmon should be eaten once a month, perhaps every two months as they pose cancer risks to the human beings.

Why do Farm Raised Salmon contain more PCBs than Wild Salmon?

Fishmeal/Feed: Studies found that the fishmeal fed to farm raised salmon is highly contaminated with PCBs
    Farm Raised salmon are "fatter": farm raised salmon are generally bigger in size and contain more fat than wild salmon. PCBs are stored in fat and remain there for an extended period of time, therefore farm raised salmon contain more PCBs.
    I quit eating salmon. I also read, somewhere, there was a big imbalance between the omega 3 and 6 in farm raised salmon.
    Taste the rainbow.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I quit eating salmon. I also read, somewhere, there was a big imbalance between the omega 3 and 6 in farm raised salmon.
    yea exactly. i buy cans of Alaska wild caught salmon. they simply catch them, cut them up and stick it into cans. no farm raised salmon for me
    BJJ = life

4. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    yea exactly. i buy cans of Alaska wild caught salmon. they simply catch them, cut them up and stick it into cans. no farm raised salmon for me
    I didn't know they sold it that way. I thought all wild salmon gets sent to restaurants. Gotta get me some of that.
    Taste the rainbow.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I didn't know they sold it that way. I thought all wild salmon gets sent to restaurants. Gotta get me some of that.
    yea go to the store and find canned salmon. pink is usually a dollar something and red is like $3 for 7.5oz. make sure it says wild caught
    BJJ = life
    •   

6. also, there is probably only a handful of restaurants in any city that use wild caught salmon. its way more expensive and doesnt have that popping red color that farm raised has (because its not fed dye).
    BJJ = life

7. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i know for myself i felt horrible when i used to drink milk. constantly bloated, skin issues, sinus clogging.
    No one is picking a fight here.

ok, so you're obviously lactose intolerant.

no one is debating that lactose intolerant people shouldn't drink milk, obviously.

I, as do most individuals of european descent, love milk and would drink it as

water, if it wasnt so damn expensive here ( $3.30ish).

The one thing i miss about colorado - gallons were $1.58!
    For me, the action IS the juice.

8. Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    No one is picking a fight here.

ok, so you're obviously lactose intolerant.

no one is debating that lactose intolerant people shouldn't drink milk, obviously.

I, as do most individuals of european descent, love milk and would drink it as

water, if it wasnt so damn expensive here ( $3.30ish).

The one thing i miss about colorado - gallons were $1.58!
    i see that you didnt read the stuff i posted about milk. I myself am from Europe and that doesnt give me any more reasons to drink that nasty $hit.
    BJJ = life

9. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i see that you didnt read the stuff i posted about milk. I myself am from Europe and that doesnt give me any more reasons to drink that nasty $hit.
    I read it. However, my emperical evidence contradicts it. IT is actually the single most laughable and ridiculous piece of fiction i've read in quite some time on AM.

If pasteurization kills all the nutrients, how can i build muscle from protein gotten from milk?

Why am i not getting sick from all the alleged pesticides?

I don't get frequent colds. i am allergic to nothing. I don't have excess mucous. No constipation. No bloat or gas.

I don't have digestive problems. I dont have astma.

Amazingly, i exhibit zero of these supposed facts.

All due respect of course. I am not battling you on this. I am saying they don't have any idea what they are talking about. Or I am a superhuman. I have a hard time believing something so completely opposite to decades of contrary experiences.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I'll through out the white before the yoke, it's the best part of the egg.
    Quoted for truth, I remember the days of eating egg whites. Gimme them whole eggs.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

11. Mar 11, 2011
    Name: Day 4, wk 8
    Start Time: 04:55 PM
    End Time: 06:00 AM
    Duration: 1:05
    Notes: Lifting proceeded by 5 minute warm up.

# Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps

1 Barbell Squat To A Bench
    #1 185 8
    #2 225 8
    #3 275 5
    #4 315 2
    #5 225 12
    After a month of working on flexibility, I finally have reached sub parallel squatting. Warm ups at bar, 135,, sets 1(185), 2 (225) and 3(275) were down to a bench, sets 4 and five were to parallel with out bench. No belt any sets.

2 Romanian Deadlift
    #1 235 8
    #2 235 8
    #3 235 8
    #4 235 8

3 Leg Extensions
    #1 190 12
    #2 190 12
    #3 190 10

4 Lying Leg Curls
    #1 80 12
    #2 80 12
    #3 80 10

Today's dietary info so far:1767 cals (68 carbs, 162 protein, 95 fats). Please note that rather than I cheat day, I am having a cheat meal of General Tso's chicken. Estimated output, 4226, so should still be at somewhat of a deficit.

12. Interesting day, 8 year old had a youth wrestling tournament, he did not do so well but at least he is starting to get more aggressive. Anyways, was a fun day with him and my oldest, my get back on the mats myself next year .

Anyways, a bit off on the macro's today, but low cals at least.

2388 cals, (162 carbs, 170 protein, 118 fats) with estimated output of 3688 for an even deficit of 1300. Taking a week off of the iron but plan on at least 3 days of doing some cardio, come back refreshed and ready to go.

13. It must be taking a lot of dedication to remain in that large of a deficit. I go under by 400-500 calories and I'm starving.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

14. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    It must be taking a lot of dedication to remain in that large of a deficit. I go under by 400-500 calories and I'm starving.
    Appreciate the props HTS. I have been running this kind of deficit since May 2010 until I started the Halotest run in November and really started packing on the pounds and kind of said "screw the scales, let's go strength gaining" and shot up from 285 to 322 Would be 250 now if I had avoided that, but live and learn.

Anyways, point is that I am accustomed to this and the weekly cheat day/meal helps put off cravings ("You can wait!") Although I will admit I do hit the occaisional midnight snack grab but try to keep that to a minimum and sane when it happens.

Anyways,

Did 12 30x30 HIIT cycles at 6/15 and 8/15 resistance levels and then coasted a bit. 151 cals total. Nutrition info later. Am on track so far today except my protein is down a bit low.

15. My favorite midnight snack - 2 scoops whey, tbsp almond butter, and some almonds. Mix all together with a tiny bit of water and pop in the freezer for a couple minutes. It is delicious!!!!! And has a pretty healthy profile to it
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

16. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    My favorite midnight snack - 2 scoops whey, tbsp almond butter, and some almonds. Mix all together with a tiny bit of water and pop in the freezer for a couple minutes. It is delicious!!!!! And has a pretty healthy profile to it
    Damn that sounds good Josh, thanks for the tip!

Todays dietary info: 2527 cals, (145 carbs, 229 protein, 113 fat) with an estimated output of 3719 for a deficit of1192.

17. 12x 30/30 HIIT cycles at 80%/60% hitting 175-185 spm, 185 cals.
    Then sauna and hot tub. I love deload weeks, but not as much as I love pushing iron once my batteries are recharged.

Today's dietary numbers: 2761 cals (112 carbs, 238 protein, 149 fats) with an estimated output of 3827 for a deficit of 1066.

Tommorow: This weeks tale of the tape!

18. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    2x 30/30 HIIT cycles at 80%/60% hitting 175-185 spm, 185 cals.
    Then sauna and hot tub. I love deload weeks, but not as much as I love pushing iron once my batteries are recharged.

Today's dietary numbers: 2761 cals (112 carbs, 238 protein, 149 fats) with an estimated output of 3827 for a deficit of 1066.

Tommorow: This weeks tale of the tape!
    Saunas and hot tubs are awesome! They are the one thing I miss the most from commercial gyms. I was considering to just buy some day passes ust for the sauna on my deload week. Active release therapy, chiro vists, Self MFRs, and massages are all great for deloading and general prehabing/rehabing.

Do you foam roll already? If not TRUST me give it a try! They are great and totally worth it
    PESCIENCE.COM

19. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Saunas and hot tubs are awesome! They are the one thing I miss the most from commercial gyms. I was considering to just buy some day passes ust for the sauna on my deload week. Active release therapy, chiro vists, Self MFRs, and massages are all great for deloading and general prehabing/rehabing.

Do you foam roll already? If not TRUST me give it a try! They are great and totally worth it
    Have done that in the past but did not have the proper gear funny as that sounds. Had to roll up a foam rubber floor mat, best I could find. I have also seen that done on hips, scapula and shoulders with a tennis ball.

Today's numbers: Weight 283.2, down another 4 pounds from last week, total of 38.8. Been a while since I gave a waist measurement, so I took one this morning. Were at 46.25, so that is down a total of 5.25 inches since we started our journey.
    Last edited by taman6886; 03-15-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Poor math skills (lost 4 lbs this week, not 3 )

20. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Have done that in the past but did not have the proper gear funny as that sounds. Had to roll up a foam rubber floor mat, best I could find. I have also seen that done on hips, scapula and shoulders with a tennis ball.

Today's numbers: Weight 283.2, down another 3 pounds from last week, total of 38.8. Been a while since I gave a waist measurement, so I took one this morning. Were at 46.25, so that is down a total of 5.25 inches since we started our journey.
    bro awesome progress!! proud of you!! trust me, keep lowering the carbs to like 50-80. you are gonna be brad pitt in no time!!!
    BJJ = life

21. Taman,

I've enjoyed reading your log. Its very well kept and detailed. You should be proud of your dramatic progress. I'm going to enjoy following along. Good luck and keep it up!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

22. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post

Today's numbers: Weight 283.2, down another 3 pounds from last week, total of 38.8. Been a while since I gave a waist measurement, so I took one this morning. Were at 46.25, so that is down a total of 5.25 inches since we started our journey.
    Great job taman! You'll be sportin a speedo in no time, lol.
    Taste the rainbow.

23. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Taman,

I've enjoyed reading your log. Its very well kept and detailed. You should be proud of your dramatic progress. I'm going to enjoy following along. Good luck and keep it up!

Wow I haven't seen your name around these boards for a while bud! How ya been? Hope all is well
    PESCIENCE.COM

24. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Taman,

Thank you sir and appreciate your support. Welcome aboard.

Today was pretty calm day. Kicked ass at work and skipped cardio to go to wrestling practice with the little guy as he needs a lot of work. I enjoyed working with him and the other kids and he was teachable tonight for a change.

Anyways, today's numbers are as follows: 2490 cals (135 carb, 236 protein, 112 fats) with an estimated output of 3700 for a deficit of 1211.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. clear plan, critique please!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
  2. Critique Plan
    By MUSCULO in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:04 AM
  3. Need Critique on my Training plan
    By The Anarchist in forum Training Forum