Calorie and protien dilemma

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.09%

Calorie and protien dilemma

My goal is to maintain as much LBM as I can while trying to shed bodyfat. I need to shed about 10%. My LBM is 230lbs. My questions are these:

Do you calculate your total calories on your current body weight or your target weight.
    Do you base your protein intake on your current body weight, current total weight or current LBM. Or on goals??

Pretty sure I have the supplements I need-I know this is the wrong forum for that so ask I will share that I fo with you.

All advice is welcomed, hopefully constructive  thanks to all

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltonic View Post
    My goal is to maintain as much LBM as I can while trying to shed bodyfat. I need to shed about 10%. My LBM is 230lbs. My questions are these:

Do you calculate your total calories on your current body weight or your target weight.
    Do you base your protein intake on your current body weight, current total weight or current LBM. Or on goals??

Pretty sure I have the supplements I need-I know this is the wrong forum for that so ask I will share that I fo with you.

Definately your current body weight and adjust as you go.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.79%

Calculate to your current body weight, and re calculate every week or so based on your weight at that time.
    If your looking to shed 10% depending on you current BF% you DO NOT need weight loss supplements, the only supplements you should be taking are your staples. Let your body do the work untill you get down to 8-10%BF then consider using those weight loss supplements other wise it'll be a waste/.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.54%

Look into carb cycling man.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Your Maintenance calories are calculated based on your CURRENT body weight, height, age, sex, and activity level. There is a Maintenance formula that you can use in the article The 3 Keys to Fat Loss. Do remember that Maintenance is just an ESTIMATION and that there are many formulas out there, and your answers will differ from one to the other. Therefore, it is key that you adjust and manipulate your nutrition re bodyweight, etc. each week, and take note of your progress. Your Maintenance WILL change if your body weight, age, or activity level changes.

You base your protein on your CURRENT body weight.

Gonzo14 said it right re supplements - you don't need any. The article above covers supplementation for fat loss.

In fact, I recommend reviewing the article above in general, to get an overall idea of what you should and need to do for successful fat loss.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.09%

Thank you all. I am still very, well, afraid of losing the muscle that I already worked so hard to get.
    The rational I'm using for the supplements is that my BF is tooooo high and I think I need extra help.

You all rock, keep the advice coming please
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.09%

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Look into carb cycling man.
    What regimen would you recommend? Low and high everyother day or some kinda of other split?

Educate me bro
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.54%

What regimen would you recommend? Low and high everyother day or some kinda of other split?

Educate me bro

http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/carbcycling.html

Usually what I go by.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thank you all. I am still very, well, afraid of losing the muscle that I already worked so hard to get.
    The rational I'm using for the supplements is that my BF is tooooo high and I think I need extra help.

You all rock, keep the advice coming please
    You won't lose your muscle if you manipulate your NUTRITION correctly. You WILL lose muscle if you be stupid about your calories or carbohydrates and take either or ridiculously low.

Your rational is somewhat off. The more bodyfat you have to lose and the higher your body composition, the less effect a fat burner is going to have. They really make the most difference when you are relatively lean and are just looking to lose that last 1-2% bodyfat.

Educate me bro
    You have to find YOUR sweet spot, but generally you do 2-4 days below Maintenance re calorie/carbohydrate intake, and then 1-2 days either at or above Maintenance re calorie/carbohydrate intake, with the extra calories coming from carbohydrates.

Do some research of your own on carbohydrate cycling and educate yourself.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Educate me bro
    IMO this unnecessary at this point. If you are new to this and have a lot of BF to lose then just focus on the basics. Get your calories in check with reasonably balanced macros (Rosie goes into this in her article) and you will make progress.

Supps, keto diets, carb cycling, etc MAY have some use at low bodyfat levels but understand that they do incur some additional hardships. Supps cost money, fat burners often contain high levels of caffeine and/or ephedrine which will get you wired up. Carb deprivation can lead to less energy at the gym and carb cravings that make dieting require even more discipline. Don't make it more difficult than it has to be.

Similar Forum Threads

1. In a dilemma, need your help...
    By saggy321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
  2. PCT Dilemma
    By Denton in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
  3. HRT dilemma
    By Crimson_Soul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3