Precontest carb manipulation & supplementation. I need advice

maxhawk

Awards
Just started my precontest diet this week and have some questions regarding carb intake. Right now I'm 12 weeks out & am taking in around 125 carbs per day. Several online articles suggest having a high carb meal every 4th or 5th day to "stoke" the metabolism & slow muscle loss. Has anyone tried this? If so, what should that meal consist of? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I'm a first time competitor & really have no one to assist me with prep. I've been trying to use online articles but they vary so much.

FYI: I'm 5'8 and about 205 now with 10-12% BF. My diet is about 2200 calories, 300 grams of protein & 125 carbs. (started my diet on Monday & actually am up a few pounds)

I'm coming off a 2 week M-1T cycle (taking Nolva). My only other supplementation is creatine, Protein powder & a multi-vitamin. I have the materials for 1-testosterone & 4Hydroxy-test lotion (would this be OK to use in another few weeks? ...or should I lay off the PHs for longer than 3 weeks? Any "supplement" recommendations? My contest is NPC & not a tested event.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Just started my precontest diet this week and have some questions regarding carb intake. Right now I'm 12 weeks out & am taking in around 125 carbs per day. Several online articles suggest having a high carb meal every 4th or 5th day to "stoke" the metabolism & slow muscle loss. Has anyone tried this? If so, what should that meal consist of? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I'm a first time competitor & really have no one to assist me with prep. I've been trying to use online articles but they vary so much.

Yes its defiently helpful. Carbs should consist of simple carbs or starchy carbs with fat kept to a minimum.