Side Effects Noticed from AP

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking Anabolic Pump as directed, 3 times a day 15 min before meal containing at least 50 grams complex carbs, for about 2 weeks.

So far I have not experienced a pump, more fullness, leaning out, or anything like that.

I have noticed two side effects very distinctly though
1. Serious diarrhea - literally around 9 times a day
2. Serious thirst throughout the day, but significantly pronounced at night

My diet and supplements have not changed at all since I began using AP, besides the addition of more carbs with the appropriate meals. These carbs usually are in the form of oats, whole wheat bread, and brown rice.

Any thoughts on why and how to alleviate these effects

HairyLarry35

Awards
Ive been taking Anabolic Pump as directed, 3 times a day 15 min before meal containing at least 50 grams complex carbs, for about 2 weeks.

So far I have not experienced a pump, more fullness, leaning out, or anything like that.

My diet and supplements have not changed at all since I began using AP, besides the addition of more carbs with the appropriate meals. These carbs usually are in the form of oats, whole wheat bread, and brown rice.

GI virus? With those kind of sides, you'd expect some sort of leaning out from the dehydration. Interesting situation.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established

Are you saying you've had diarrhea 9 times a day for 2 wks? Seriously, go to the doctor. Stop taking supplements, for now, and get some very soft toilet paper.

Thirst is from the diarrhea. In a perfect world, a supplement would work for everyone but thats never the case. There have been a few non responders. You need to stop taking it.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Thirst is from the diarrhea. In a perfect world, a supplement would work for everyone but thats never the case. There have been a few non responders. You need to stop taking it.
Im going to have to stop if the symptoms persist.
But Im curious, why would it cause diarrhea?

Im going to have to stop if the symptoms persist.
But Im curious, why would it cause diarrhea?

Its funny because PHELL C is used as an anti diarrheal(sp). Please increaes your water intake and take it twice a day instead of 3 times. Or use one cap and build up to 3 caps.

If you are going to the restroom 9 times a day, I reccomend that you cease use.

take care

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Its funny because PHELL C is used as an anti diarrheal(sp). Please increaes your water intake and take it twice a day instead of 3 times. Or use one cap and build up to 3 caps.

take care
That is a very fair reccomendation.

Ill attempt the increasing 1 cap to 3 cap protocol with increased water intake for a few more days and report back.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya diaherra is a symptom of dehydration so drastically increase your water intake and the thrist will go away and i'm sure the diaherra will too.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Ya diaherra is a symptom of dehydration so drastically increase your water intake and the thrist will go away and i'm sure the diaherra will too.

I have heard that diarrhea may cause dehydration, but I've never heard that it is caused by it.

I have heard that bacterial or viral infection, GI irritants, malabsorption, stress, etoh/drug withdrawal, adverse chemical reaction and osmolality can cause diarrhea.

Excessive thirst could be hyperglycemia and anticholinergics.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I have heard that diarrhea may cause dehydration, but I've never heard that it is caused by it.

I have heard that bacterial or viral infection, GI irritants, malabsorption, stress, etoh/drug withdrawal, adverse chemical reaction and osmolality can cause diarrhea.

Excessive thirst could be hyperglycemia and anticholinergics.
Bumping this very sound post.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started getting dark circles around my eyes from using YG.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started getting dark circles around my eyes from using YG.
If your sleep, and eating habits have not changed, it could be a sign of kidney dysfunction. Something to think about.

Adams

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Kinda scary side effects from a new product. I'll be following to see if there are more people posting with bad side effects. Subscribed!

HairyLarry35

Awards
Kinda scary side effects from a new product. I'll be following to see if there are more people posting with bad side effects. Subscribed!
This really doesn't occur in that many people. I don't think any beta testers had issues with it and when I received my first bottle and started on it, I was completely fine.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established

take care
I am with him^^^.

Actually, you should have read about the chemical you are putting in your body prior to consumption. Lagerstroemia Speciosa can cause malabsorption of CHO's which could cause diarrhea "cha cha cha"

Phellodendron

Entrez PubMed

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are WAY too many environmental factors in everyones everyday life to pin this on this compound right off the bat. It can be anything from the air intaken, to a bad piece of fish.

Adams

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
There are WAY too many environmental factors in everyones everyday life to pin this on this compound right off the bat. It can be anything from the air intaken, to a bad piece of fish.

Adams
Totally agree, thats why i'll be following it for a little while before I start my bottle.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
For those getting sides with AP, I'd be curious to know what other supplements you've tried and if you;ve had other problems that you believe are supplement related.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
I've used the beta powder for up to 4-5 servings in a day when I was experiementing with it. Really, the only thing is that I noticed was a little lethargy, but I've tapered down on it since, and have had zero problems with the product. Goes to show that not all people respond the same...

This is copy/pasted from from the log I was running on my pitching site...

Prior to sprinting workout:
1 scoop gf pro cherry wpi
1 serving body octane
2 caps USP powerfull (helps with my endurace, sleep, and keeping my skin clear, well, almost clear, but I'm close! Smile: ingredients: muira puama)
2 scoops excell sipped on prior/during run.

Sprinting workout:
12x30-33 yards

Supplements prior postworkout
USP anabolic pump

Postworkout:
1/2 cup of oats
10-12 oz lactaid milk
30 grams of gf pro

Supplements prior:
Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
4 peices of whole wheat cinnamon toast
shake: lactaid milk/gf pro cherry
4 fish oil, 1 vigor, 1 multi, 1 ginger root

Supplements prior:
Anabolic Pump

Meal:
1 bag of Uncle Ben's ready to eat Brown Rice
1 chicken breast
lactaid milk
A little bit of apple sauce
4 fish oil, 1 vitaberry plus

Supplements prior:
Anabolic Pump

Pre-Workout Meal:
3 servings cream of wheat
1/2 cup of oats/gf pro cherry/lactaid milk
vitaberry plus

Supplementation prior to workout:
1 serving green mag
3 powerfull
Shake: 1 scoop cherry wpi/2 scoops excell/1 serving body octane

Supplements prior:
Anabolic Pump

Post-Workout Meal:

1 bag of Uncle Ben's ready to eat Brown Rice
1 chicken breast
lactaid milk
A little bit of apple sauce
3 fish oil, 1 vigor

Note: The way I eat has since changed, but my main carbohydrate sources come from whole wheat bread, oats, cream of wheat, and uncle ben's ready to eat brown rice.

Vegetable source: Carrot/spinach
I make green smoothies...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am with him^^^.

Actually, you should have read about the chemical you are putting in your body prior to consumption. Lagerstroemia Speciosa can cause malabsorption of CHO's which could cause diarrhea "cha cha cha"

Phellodendron

Entrez PubMed
Here are some other studies highlighting it's effects on the intestines. All positive in regaurds to gastroentestinal conditions like diarrhea(anti as usp stated), and ulcer formation.
Entrez PubMed
Entrez PubMed

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Here are some other studies highlighting it's effects on the intestines. All positive in regaurds to gastroentestinal conditions like diarrhea(anti as usp stated), and ulcer formation.
Entrez PubMed
Entrez PubMed
I've read them already. Anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-hyperglycemic...

Some people react differently to chemicals. I've had diabetics who test their blodd sugars and have insignificant elevations when eating "sugar free" candy containing sugar alcohols and others who have significant elevations after eating the same amount of the same candy. Sugar alcohols cause GI distress in some and others it does not .

When you distribute a supplement in a Mass scale, you are bound to see negative reports. This happens with every supplement and every drug on the market.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
any thoughts on why AP would cause D.O.M.S.? [a good thing for me ,I never get them] ?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I love it and the first or second day I did get some diarrhea. I learned to take it on meals where I don't take shakes or quite a bit before. After I got that figured out, I love it.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
any thoughts on why AP would cause D.O.M.S.? [a good thing for me ,I never get them] ?
Not DOMS...could you be confusing fuller glycogen stores with DOMS?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
From the properties of the extract it looks like it should help prevent/reduce D.O.M.S.

After reading these bodybuilding forums for a little while now, it appears that when individuals take supplements that enhance performance they workout a little harder or lift a little bigger than they usually do.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
nope -- I mean some real good muscle soreness--from basicly the same workout---after thinking about it--the soreness is mostly in the places I used some IGF LR3 a few months ago

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
I love it and the first or second day I did get some diarrhea. I learned to take it on meals where I don't take shakes or quite a bit before. After I got that figured out, I love it.

So not taking AP with protein powder, or increasing the amount of time between AP and food helped you?
Im curious how much time?

Ive gone a full hour and half between taking AP on an empty stomach and eating. I was testing to see if I would go hypo, which by the way I didn't just got tired of waiting to eat.
I didnt pay attention to whether or not the time between supplementing and eating affected diarhea but its possible.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, here's my reasoning that I think I recieved dark circles around my eyes, its not liver or kidney related. It is the fact that AP shuttles carbs so well to your muscle that they are going to taker along a lot of water with them. So even though I was drinking a gallon of water a day, it was not enough. Dark circles are first a sign of lack of water. Hence you need to have a lot of water with AP, ALOT!

Proteinpowda

Awards
Isn't it dehydration is a symptom of diarrhea?

In regards to what Myth said he's right.
Biochemically speaking CHO is a polar molecule capable of hydrogen bonding. Estimates range that for each kcal of glycogen your body stores 2.6-3.0 grams of water along side with it.
But yeah excessive thirst is usually a sign of hyperglycemia and diabetes.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you need more water, anytime your telling your body to be anabolic you need to drastically improve water intake, some people are constantly dehydrated and adding very potent/successful supplements into the mix means now you cant choose to make zero gains this supplement is going to do what its going to do and you need to be responsible or you can hurt yourself or your bum, lol. I hope this is the case, good luck.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I noted the increase in DOMS too when running my tester log. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but the benefits outweighed the DOMS :D

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I noted the increase in DOMS too when running my tester log. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but the benefits outweighed the DOMS :D
correct me if Im wrong , but arnt DOMS a good thing?Leads to growth?

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
correct me if Im wrong , but arnt DOMS a good thing?Leads to growth?
I'm fairly certain DOMS are not representative of anything in terms of muscle growth, just purely muscle microtrauma, but I could be wrong.

Also, I feel like what Johnny21 said has merit. Psycologically, if you are inclined to think that a supplement will improve your performance in the gym, you will work harder/longer and push yourself more. In addition, if the supplement is acting on you physically to instill better endurance/strength, you will not only subconciously work harder but you will also be able to indeed work harder.

These two factors, the psychological and the physiological, probably come into play alot with supplements.

treningsfrik75

treningsfrik75

Awards
DOMS are definately a sign og muscle growth... trying to get rid of it as fast as possible through good nutrition and supplements is different. We want to be sore.. thats for sure.
Tear down muscle fiber through training and build up better and bigger muscles thereafter through good nutrition.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
DOMS are definately a sign og muscle growth... trying to get rid of it as fast as possible through good nutrition and supplements is different. We want to be sore.. thats for sure.
Tear down muscle fiber through training and build up better and bigger muscles thereafter through good nutrition.
Initial events in exercise-induced muscular injury.

* Armstrong RB.

Department of Physical Education, University of Georgia, Athens 30602.

Immediately following unaccustomed exercise, particularly that with eccentric contractions, there is evidence of injury to skeletal muscle fibers: a) disruption of the normal myofilament structures in some sarcomeres, observable with both light and electron microscope and b) loss of intramuscular proteins (e.g., creatine kinase enzymes) into the plasma, indicating damage to sarcolemma. This pathology is probably responsible for the temporary reductions in muscle force and delayed-onset soreness that can occur following eccentric exercise. The mechanisms underlying this injury are not known, although loss of intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis could play a primary role. In other experimental muscle injury models, elevated [Ca2+]i appears to cause release of muscle enzymes through activation of phospholipase A2, which in turn could induce injury to sarcolemma through production of leukotrienes and prostaglandins, through free O2 radical formation (in the subsequent lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase reactions), and/or through release of detergent lysophospholipids. On the other hand, the mechanism responsible for the rapid damage to myofibrils caused by increased [Ca2+]i is unknown. Regardless of the cause(s), the initial and early events in the injury process are autogenetic; i.e., they are indigenous to the muscle cells and occur before phagocytic cells enter the injury site.

Entrez PubMed

Mechanisms of exercise-induced delayed onset muscular soreness: a brief review.

* Armstrong RB.

Delayed-onset muscular soreness (DOMS), the sensation of pain and stiffness in the muscles that occurs from 1 to 5 d following unaccustomed exercise, can adversely affect muscular performance, both from voluntary reduction of effort and from inherent loss of capacity of the muscles to produce force. This reduction in performance is temporary; permanent impairment does not occur. A number of clinical correlates are associated with DOMS, including elevations in plasma enzymes, myoglobinemia, and abnormal muscle histology and ultrastructure; exertional rhabdomyolysis appears to be the extreme form of DOMS. Presently, the best treatment for DOMS appears to be muscular activity, although the sensation again returns following the exercise. Training for the specific contractile activity that causes DOMS reduces the soreness response. The etiology and cellular mechanisms of DOMS are not known, but a number of hypotheses exist to explain the phenomenon. The following model may be proposed: 1) high tensions (particularly those associated with eccentric exercise) in the contractile/elastic system of the muscle result in structural damage; 2) cell membrane damage leads to disruption of Ca++ homeostasis in the injured fibers, resulting in necrosis that peaks about 2 d post-exercise; and 3) products of macrophage activity and intracellular contents accumulate in the interstitium, which in turn stimulate free nerve endings of group-IV sensory neurons in the muscles leading to the sensation of DOMS.

Entrez PubMed

I cant find any research correlating DOMS with recovery/repair but rather evidence showing that DOMS is related somehow with the inflammatory effect of intense eccentric exercise but lagged.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Very good study ,but notice in my other posts I said I got DOMS from a workout that I always do and I never get them untill I used AP ---and I got them in the places that I spot [inj] IGF LR3

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Very good study ,but notice in my other posts I said I got DOMS from a workout that I always do and I never get them untill I used AP ---and I got them in the places that I spot [inj] IGF LR3

Sorry, I wasnt responding to you with the studies; I was instead posting to show that so far, DOMS are linked only with muscle damage NOT muscle repair.

Your DOMS are interesting...I guess it could be from the combined mental/physical increased capacity for work allowing you to create more muscle microtrauma? AP is supposed to increase glycogen in muscle; increased glycogen means higher exercise capacity (more energy) and thus more possibility for muscle microtrauma from increased workload during exercise?

Yet, you have not changed your workout.

I have been off YG beta for about 3 weeks now; with YG I NEVER had DOMS, it was so strange. As soon as I went off, the lightest workout would give me bad DOMS for a couple days.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I wasnt responding to you with the studies; I was instead posting to show that so far, DOMS are linked only with muscle damage NOT muscle repair.

Your DOMS are interesting...I guess it could be from the combined mental/physical increased capacity for work allowing you to create more muscle microtrauma? AP is supposed to increase glycogen in muscle; increased glycogen means higher exercise capacity (more energy) and thus more possibility for muscle microtrauma from increased workload during exercise?

Yet, you have not changed your workout.

I have been off YG beta for about 3 weeks now; with YG I NEVER had DOMS, it was so strange. As soon as I went off, the lightest workout would give me bad DOMS for a couple days.
I dont know your lifting history but I think the results could be realated --Im getting DOMS with AP because Ive used IGF [new cells are trying to form and AP fueling them better than without]In your case your getting DOMS later because while you where using AP your muscles where getting extra fuel but there wasnt as much anabolism ? going on so when you stopped AP the effect kinda wore off? ---

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Your idea that the new cells are maturing/forming and are the cause of DOMS would be my best guess also. I've always associated DOMS with under developed muscle.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
You know, the more I think about it the funnier this conversation is becoming.

How can we even venture to guess why you are getting DOMS? We dont have a scrap of research in front of us, we dont even know what the compounds in AP are (other than their proprietary names).

Does AP have any direct effect on muscle growth or is it purely acting on the glycogen pathways of muscle, which then leads to growth indirectly?

You know, the more I think about it the funnier this conversation is becoming.

How can we even venture to guess why you are getting DOMS? We dont have a scrap of research in front of us, we dont even know what the compounds in AP are (other than their proprietary names).

Does AP have any direct effect on muscle growth or is it purely acting on the glycogen pathways of muscle, which then leads to growth indirectly?

Purely glycogen and Amino acid related.

supaman

Awards
From Phellodendron
Phellodendron may also have useful immunosuppressive effects; when given to laboratory animals that underwent transplantation, those treated with phellodendron had fewer organ rejection reactions. [4] In another similar study, phellodendron was thought to work in a different way on the immune system when compared to standard immunosuppressive drugs, making it a useful adjunctive treatment in this regard. [5]
I've had a cold since the 3rd or 4th of Jan, which was 4 or 5 days after I began dosing AP. I usually get sick maybe once every couple of years...and its brief, day or two.Thought this was atleast an interesting coincidence. Even so, I'm up about 3 lbs, look leaner, and a bit stronger.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
subscribing, I still have a tub of YG to use. Got to see if my tummy can take it.

Salem

Salem

Awards

do you suffer from the irritable intestines that is very easy to have diarrhea?