Prelude to a Thread..Where Do I Go From Here?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right, little bit on the current scenario..
Been either off from lifting (about 4 weeks) or playing around in cruise mode (another couple weeks) over past few months; baseball activities have ended for the yr, and I've not played tennis in almost a week and a half (hopefully that will end tomorrow). Just been busy getting other facets of life in order, and enjoying the down time from intense activity..but it's time to think about about getting something going. Guess that happens when you get to be my age, and birthdays start looming.. :paranoid:

I just haven't finalized my plan as of yet, so that's why this is titled 'Prelude to a Thread'..just a loose conversation as I piece together a plan and a supp protocol.
I have been doing the Asteroid Stack while in cruise mode past couple weeks, and diet has been extremely relaxed (which will obviously change)..

So, hang out with me for a minute, and let's see what develops! :147:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for analysis... always interested in what your doing cuz as I told Chris .. I like to steal ideas..

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to see a 4 week re-composition blast to begin things: manipulative nutrient timing, a heavy round of FTP and a high frequency, moderate-to-high intensity, and high volume training split. Blast for four weeks, and take one off. Begin another 6 week blast with lower BF%, and focus on massing with a high-carbohydrate load and 90% 6RM training, focusing on compound movements. Shape it up, then build it up!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I am in on this. whatever it is you decide it will be good I am sure!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would like to see a 4 week re-composition blast to begin things: manipulative nutrient timing, a heavy round of FTP and a high frequency, moderate-to-high intensity, and high volume training split. Blast for four weeks, and take one off. Begin another 6 week blast with lower BF%, and focus on massing with a high-carbohydrate load and 90% 6RM training, focusing on compound movements. Shape it up, then build it up!
dig it. :afro:
hella plan my man..and I think this just might have nailed my approach.
today's me & the wife's 13th anniversary, so I'll get into action tomorrow!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Anniversary!!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could be killer!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay, so yesterday I started taking things up a notch, diet was controlled and sparse in the first day, lots of h2o, and I blasted the shoulders!
stayed in the 8-12rep range for the most part, went to 15+ reps on laterals..
BB military press, DB front raises, laterals (standing+bent off incline), high-pulls, and abs were the order of the day, as I focused on working one bodypart into the ground.
getting ready for chest and biceps today, still a loose routine while I get acclimated to increased workload & intensity.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eww - I cringe when I think about doing that much shoulder volume in one day. I cannot imagine how sore I would be. You are an animal snag....

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thx Casey..always been pretty strong in the shoulder/chest areas, but I'm not throwing around absurd weights like you are right now either! ;)

had a solid session this morning, did hi-rep BB incline (5x20) ss w/ incline DB curls (16-20 reps), followed w/ DB decline (4x20) ss w/ standing DB curls (2x20) and hammer curls (2x20), couple sets flat flyes repped out to finish. pace was quick, sweat was profuse..lil pic after the workout.

Attachments

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
holy **** man... look at the amount of volume that you accommodate throughout your training session... unreal

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it's a little higher volume than I'm used to, but it just felt like the thing to do today, per Mullet's recommendation..I was really happy with the pace I set and was able to keep thruout (kinda surprised really), finished in @33min.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's a little higher volume than I'm used to, but it just felt like the thing to do today, per Mullet's recommendation..I was really happy with the pace I set and was able to keep thruout (kinda surprised really), finished in @33min.
That sounds about right. My workout today will probably be 5 supersets [11 exercises total] at 3 sets a piece, x 12-15. Today is my high-volume day. All reps performed at either 3:2:! or 4:2:2 pace. Today is back/chest/shoulders.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man!! chest striations 2 days later ...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah..weight was down to 201.3 this morning, def shedded some water.
today is a higher carb day, did Pslin+AP prior to breakfast (this is also preWO meal), followed w/ @100g carbs from CoCo Wheats & large grapefruit, 2 scoops Isopure, 4g fish oil.
haven't quite decided what calorie level I'll settle in at, was just going w/ reduced fare last few days to jumpstart some hardening..I'm thinking 3000-3200 to start.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Legs were challenging today..still tender in my left groin that I tweaked towards the end of baseball season, been feeling it in tennis too, nothing major but it keeps me from going all out.
BB ATG squats (6x12-15), leg extensions (2x20), leg curls (4x16-20), seated/standing calf raises (2x20 each)..nothing spectacular this day.
tennis on tap tomorrow morning.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah..weight was down to 201.3 this morning, def shedded some water.
today is a higher carb day, did Pslin+AP prior to breakfast (this is also preWO meal), followed w/ @100g carbs from CoCo Wheats & large grapefruit, 2 scoops Isopure, 4g fish oil.
haven't quite decided what calorie level I'll settle in at, was just going w/ reduced fare last few days to jumpstart some hardening..I'm thinking 3000-3200 to start.
CoCo wheats ?? :privateeye:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs were challenging today..still tender in my left groin that I tweaked towards the end of baseball season, been feeling it in tennis too, nothing major but it keeps me from going all out.
BB ATG squats (6x12-15), leg extensions (2x20), leg curls (4x16-20), seated/standing calf raises (2x20 each)..nothing spectacular this day.
tennis on tap tomorrow morning.
Yah speaking of tender both my hamstrings were ultra tight and had that strange injury in my left hamstring. I have been doing a lot of stretching to loosen them up but I have really lost flexibility in that area. I guess I have added mass there and it shows is this what is making them harder to keep loose ? Maybe I'm just gettin old :laugh2:

Pics taken this morning, couple unflexed shots (except for da legs) to show current composition.
More info to come..
Snag, you mind posting the picture before you started the VERY first USPLabs cycle. This will be interesting...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
damn Casey..I don't think I been that skinny since I was like 10 or something..altho, I didn't break 5' tall or 100lbs till I was 12.

that pic from last yr, it really doesn't do justice to the poor condition I was in..I was very soft muscle tone, very squishy, and just felt like crap. the changes I experienced on my first USP stack were rapid and ridiculous..

here's a pic from February 12 (so about 2.5 weeks later), February 22, and then another from my show April 5..

Attachments

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Snag that is a RIDICULOUS transformation in such a short time! If that does not make someone a believer I don't know what will.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snag that is a RIDICULOUS transformation in such a short time! If that does not make someone a believer I don't know what will.
Some poeple are so deep in denial that if you did it right in front of their face they still wouldn't believe it.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thx man..yeah it was the easiest prep I've ever done -- and the most fun, no doubt! :147:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn yah that prep was like 3 and a half months like maybe 14 weeks...

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Great job snag! what was the "stack" from usp you used?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
about 10 weeks. ;)
:surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Wow!! I am planning on 20 weeks!! I know it's easier for you to get down but damn!! 10 fuggin weeks!!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Wow!! I am planning on 20 weeks!! I know it's easier for you to get down but damn!! 10 fuggin weeks!!
actually, I think it was really 10.5 weeks, I started my prep on the 23rd of JAN if I remember correctly, took that first pic couple days later..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great job snag! what was the "stack" from usp you used?
Asteroid Stack (before that name was even coined -- Prime was in beta testing at the time), Pslin and Recreate..Jack3d wasn't in existence back then.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yesterday was off from weights, played tennis for about 2.5hrs, great sweat!

today I utilized fasted training upon rising:
AP+PF+Prime+Jacked upon waking, BCAA's 15min later (and all thru the workout), hit the back with various angled cable pulls (hi & low, supinated & pronated grips), couple sets 1-arm DB rows, finished with some tricep work, short rest and quick pace this session..made a big shaker of 9 scoops Xtend+30g WMS, then went and played another 2hrs tennis, sipping my drink thruout..

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established

AP+PF+Prime+Jacked upon waking, BCAA's 15min later (and all thru the workout), hit the back with various angled cable pulls (hi & low, supinated & pronated grips), couple sets 1-arm DB rows, finished with some tricep work, short rest and quick pace this session..made a big shaker of 9 scoops Xtend+30g WMS, then went and played another 2hrs tennis, sipping my drink thruout..
Wowzers! I think I would pass out:sick:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Asteroid Stack (before that name was even coined -- Prime was in beta testing at the time), Pslin and Recreate..Jack3d wasn't in existence back then.
No Ap? That doesn't sound like you snag!:laugh2:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What is PF Snag? Also, do you incorporate Cissus?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, for some ghetto trivia: "ASteroid Stack" referred just to Anabolic Pump and PowerFULL and had been around for some time. I think we initially used it when AP came out. It only became popularized with PRIME, though.

:147:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, for some ghetto trivia: "ASteroid Stack" referred just to Anabolic Pump and PowerFULL and had been around for some time. I think we initially used it when AP came out. It only became popularized with PRIME, though.

Interesting the stack just need a Priming...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No Ap? That doesn't sound like you snag!:laugh2:
yeah AP is part of the A-Stack as has been noted. :bandit:

ahh, dig the trivia..I did not know this. :afro:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I have not tried Cissus yet. Do you think 2 am and 2 pm would be an effective dose?
for GP maintenance, sure.
if you have a specific issue you want to rectify swiftly, then I recommend hi-dosing (6-8 daily) to start till you feel relief, then back it down.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for GP maintenance, sure.
if you have a specific issue you want to rectify swiftly, then I recommend hi-dosing (6-8 daily) to start till you feel relief, then back it down.
Nothing specific to fix. I'm just feeling my age these days and wanted to see if this would take some of that away. Thanks Snag.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
fasted tennis upon rising this morning, played the wife for 1hr15min, it was an incredibly long set that I pulled out 10-8..we went to duece on a ridiculous amount of games, and she was playing pretty dang swell, had me running.
when we play, she gets the alleys and I don't, so when she's painting the alleys side-to-side like she was today, I get a pretty sick cardio session!
anyway, off from weights today for a couple reasons..
won't get to play much tennis this week, so wanted to get some in before I went to work today; and I was still surprisingly sore & tight from my back/tri session yesterday..tennis 2 days in a row (make it 3 now :p) will get ya kinda sore too!
back at it tomorrow with chest/biceps/abs.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man, I woke up this morning and my groin is sore as hell!
decided to just do chest/abs this day:
5x12 hi-incline BB bench, 3x12-15 flat DB bench, 3x15 flat DB flye, 45sec long flex after the last set (gawwwwd, that was painful! :)); then, did 5 sets abs (two different exercises) and called it quits, as I felt the tender groin while doing the ab work. :paranoid:
going to probably take tomorrow off (it's leg day next, but I need to rest 'em), come back WED..will hit the biceps later in the week too.
overall, pleased with the session today, solid but not spectacular..

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like the wife really did have you running around! Maybe an easy walking pace on the treadmill to get a good warm up going and stretch it out.