Prelude to a Thread..Where Do I Go From Here?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, sometimes shizz just happens man.
maybe I'm getting old, who knows..
I only know how to do things at one speed -- all out! might have to adapt my mentality a bit.
I'll be back tho, no worries. ;)
Not worried... I know what your talking about though. Don't be concerned about having to adjust your mentality, you will learn a lot about how to get more out of less and you'll be better than you ever were. I guarantee it...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey thanks fellaz..appreciate those positive sentiments! :)
DW, more out of less, I like it!
and Beast, yeah I never did the VPX protein before, there are a lot of good ones that I have access to at pretty good pricing, but that was never one of them; got a good deal this time tho so figured I'd try it..I'm pretty impressed, 20g servings fit my needs right now and the taste is great!
knee's a bit better here this morning, at least I can walk somewhat normal now, swelling is still pretty profuse tho..picked up some vicodin last night, ahh gotta love those things for pain management! :ninja:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
quick update for my AM friends..

my knee issue is a tear of the medial (inner) meniscus. ugh.
don't know the extent yet, may be small enough to avoid surgery..I'm a lil phobic of doctors/surgery, so believe me when I say I'll do everything I can to take care of this on my own.

dammit man! :zx11pissed:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established

don't know the extent yet, may be small enough to avoid surgery..I'm a lil phobic of doctors/surgery, so believe me when I say I'll do everything I can to take care of this on my own.

That sux snag! I wish you a speedy recovery!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Momentary setback.. looks bleek now but it will work out you'll see... everything at this momment is exactly as it should be. You decide what should happen next.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
one last entry into this log..wanted to leave on a positve note! :D

WED 10/14
LEGS!! :)

swelling in my knee abated over the w/e, and the pain with it..decided today was a good day to begin some rehabilitative leg work.
very happy (damn ecstatic actually!) with today's session, did some bench-squats (kinda like box squats, only a bit higher, just about perfectly parallel) for support and containing ROM, nothing serious, topped out at 245x15 in a 5-set pyramid; followed with some light leg extensions, 15-18 reps, nice & slow, controlled movement; got 4 sets lying leg curls in, finished with 4 sets standing calf raises..
everything went GREAT! no pain, free and easy movement in the knee. of course, my lateral movement is what the jury is still out on (as well as getting deep in the squat motion -- no ATG for me for now), but I'm in no rush to test that.
for the time being, lunges are not in the picture; neither obviously is tennis. and I'm not planning to do any HIIT like sprints in the near future.
but I like where I'm at!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great to hear the knee is mending well for you; always an awesome feeling when you can get back to work on the injured area and feel good again. Looking forward to the new thread Snag!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one last entry into this log..wanted to leave on a positve note! :D

WED 10/14
LEGS!! :)

swelling in my knee abated over the w/e, and the pain with it..decided today was a good day to begin some rehabilitative leg work.
very happy (damn ecstatic actually!) with today's session, did some bench-squats (kinda like box squats, only a bit higher, just about perfectly parallel) for support and containing ROM, nothing serious, topped out at 245x15 in a 5-set pyramid; followed with some light leg extensions, 15-18 reps, nice & slow, controlled movement; got 4 sets lying leg curls in, finished with 4 sets standing calf raises..
everything went GREAT! no pain, free and easy movement in the knee. of course, my lateral movement is what the jury is still out on (as well as getting deep in the squat motion -- no ATG for me for now), but I'm in no rush to test that.
for the time being, lunges are not in the picture; neither obviously is tennis. and I'm not planning to do any HIIT like sprints in the near future.
but I like where I'm at!

What did I tell yuh ? A technician always finds a way :13:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha..yessir fellas, no pain the day after (other than worked rusty muscles), very pleased at this point! :cheers:
this, after having recurrent nightmares last week of going under the knife, really feared I'd have to have surgery. :blink:
:eek:uttahere: