Yohimbine Homebrew - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Yohimbine Homebrew

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Homebrew Help, Inc.

ME:

What does the benzyl alcohol do?

2. Homebrew Help, Inc.

ME:

Just did a quick test... 10ml 100%aloe vera and 2ml water. ABout the 50% 10% split in my recipe... Well i applied 4ml to 1 ARM and it rubbed in in about 2 min and 1 min more to completely dry.. There is no reson for ISO to help with drying of this stuff. I still have not figuerd out how we will get the yom into the solution yet????? Still working on that. I am going to order some yom tonight..... Talk to ya...
  3. Homebrew Help, Inc.

ME:

Well here is the info on benzyl alcohol.. jUst a presevative. PAR PUTS IT IN BECAUSE OF THE LONG SHELF LIFE.HEHEHE.. I don' t think its worth it to have in here. Just another chem that does nothing for us. Unless someone elso know what it is used for as well. It is an alcohol so it won't disolve the yom..... Talk to ya. As for th addition of the DMSO it only gets the yom through the SC. Since we are only putting it on fatty deposits the yom will have a hard time gettinginto bloodvessels(not too many in fat). I think it is a good addition... Talk to ya.

Just trying to simplify everything for everyone... Hope it helps.. Talk to ya.

Chemical Fact Sheet Chemical Abstract Number (CAS #) 100516 Synonyms Benzyl alcohol Benzenemethanol Analytical Method EPA Method 8250A Molecular Formula C7H8O Use MANUFACTURE OF OTHER BENZYL CMPD; SOLVENT FOR CELLULOSE ACETATE; IN PERFUMERY & IN FLAVORING; SOLVENT FOR GELATIN, CASEIN (WHEN HOT), & SHELLAC; IN MICROSCOPY AS EMBEDDING MATERIAL MEDICATION (VET): HAS BEEN USED FOR RELIEF OF PRURITUS AS A LACQUER SOLVENT & PLASTICIZER Photographic developer for color movie films; dyeing nylon filament, textiles & sheet plastics; heat-sealing polyethylene films; intermediate for benzyl esters and ethers; ball point pen inks; stencil inks PRESERVATIVE IN OPHTHALMIC PREPN Medication: It is used as a preservative in newborn medication such as bacteriostatic saline, heparin, phenobarbital injection, pancuronium, aquamephyton, and neonatal trace metal soln. Degreasing agent in rug cleaners. Used for the preservation of aqueous and oily parenteral drugs, in cough syrups, ointments, ophthalmic, burn, and dental solutions, insect ointments and repellents, and dermatological aerosol sprays. It is used as a solvent for dyestuffs. Benzyl alcohol is used in cosmetics, such as nail lacquers and hair dyes. Consumption Patterns 60% IS USED IN THE TEXTILE INDUSTRY AS A DYE ASSISTANT (MOSTLY FOR DYEING NYLON CARPETING); AND 40% IS USED IN OTHER APPLICATIONS (1972) Apparent Color WATER-WHITE LIQ Odor FAINT AROMATIC ODOR Boiling Point 204.7 DEG C Melting Point -15.19 DEG C Molecular Weight 108.13 Density 1.04535 @ 20 DEG C/4 DEG C Odor Threshold Concentration 5.5 ppm Sensitivity Data It is slightly irritating to the skin . Vapor: Irritating to eyes, nose and throat. Liquid: Irritating to skin & eyes. Environmental Impact Benzyl alcohol may enter the environment through fugitive emissions during its production, and during its formulation and use in commercial products. It may also enter the environment from the exhaust of motor vehicles. If released to soil, benzyl alcohol is expected to display high mobility and readily leach through soil. Volatilization from dry soil to the atmosphere may be an important fate process; however, it is not expected to be an important process in moist soils. Microbial degradation in soil may occur, based on limited data. If released to water, benzyl alcohol is expected to undergo microbial degradation under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. Neither volatilization to the atmosphere, hydrolysis, direct photolytic degradation, chemical oxidation, bioconcentration in fish and aquatic organisms, nor adsorption to sediment and suspended organic matter are expected to be significant processes in environmental waters. In the atmosphere, benzyl alcohol is expected to exist almost entirely in the vapor phase. The estimated half-life for the vapor phase reaction of benzyl alcohol with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals is 2 days. Its water solubility suggests that benzyl alcohol may undergo deposition to the surface by rain washout and other wet deposition processes. Occupational exposure to benzyl alcohol may occur by dermal contact and inhalation during its production or formulation. Benzyl alcohol finds use in numerous consumer products which may result in exposure by dermal contact, inhalation, or ingestion during their use. Environmental Fate TERRESTRIAL FATE: If released to soil, benzyl alcohol is expected to display high mobility and readily leach through soil(1,2,3). Microbial degradation in soil may occur, based on limited data(4,5). Volatilization from dry soil to the atmosphere may be an important fate process(6,SRC); however, it is not expected to be a significant process in moist soils(7,SRC). AQUATIC FATE: If released to water, benzyl alcohol is expected to undergo microbial degradation under aerobic(1-7) and anaerobic(8,9,10) conditions. ATMOSPHERIC FATE: Based on a vapor pressure of 0.11 mm Hg at 25 deg C , benzyl alcohol is expected to exist almost entirely in the vapor phase in the ambient atmosphere . The estimated half life for the vapor phase reaction of benzyl alcohol with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals in the atmosphere is 2 days(3,SRC). Based on its water solubility, 40 g/l, it may undergo dissolution into clouds and subsequently be removed from the atmosphere in precipitation. Drinking Water Impact GROUNDWATER: Benzyl alcohol was found in a groundwater sample taken at an unauthorized waste site, at a concn of 170 ug/L . EFFL: Benzyl alcohol has been identified in the waste water effluent from the photographic processing industry and in the effluent from Kraft paper mills in 6 out of 8 samples at a concentration up to 0.025 mg/l . Benzyl alcohol has been qualitatively determined in the secondary effluent from wastewater treatment plants in Illinois . The effluent from a Los Angeles county waste water treatment plant contained 500 ug/l of benzyl alcohol . Benzyl alcohol has been detected in the leachate from a Barcelona, Spain, sanitary landfill and from a municipal refuse disposal site in the Netherlands(6). Benzyl alcohol was qualitatively detected in the wastewater of a petrochemical company producing olefins and oxygenated hydrocarbons(7). Benzyl alcohol was found in the effluent of 1 out of 4 test waste incinerators(8).
    •   

4. Homebrew Help, Inc.

SKAZZEL:

curt2go, Sounds good, but doesn't alcohol also help with penetration (should at least act as a solvent for any oil on the skin)?
  5. Homebrew Help, Inc.

ME:

That is what the reserch says.the alcohol is not needed here... The penetration effects are minimal... EVER USED ANDROSOL(MY POINT EXACTLY)....hehehehe
    YOHIMBINE FORMULA-C21H26N2O3
    MELTING POINT- 235 C.
    BOILING POINT- SUBLIMES
    SOLUABILITY
    WATER-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
    ALCOHOL-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
    ETHER-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
    BENZENE-SOLUBLE WHEN HOT
    ETHER- CHLORFORM-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
    RETURN TO INDEX
    YOHIMBINE HYDROCHLORIDE FORMULA-C21H26N2O3.HCL MELTING POINT- 235 C.
    SOLUABILITY WATER- SOLUBLE WHEN HOT
    ALCOHOL-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
    ETHER-INSOLUBLE ACETONE-INSOLBULE

Yohimbine.HCl [Y1002] Description: alpha2-adrenoceptor blocker. Chemical Formula: C21H26N2O3.HCl
    Molecular Weight: M.W. 390.9
    Solubility: Soluble in Water (10 mg/ml).
    CAS Number: CAS [65-19-0]
    Active Product: N
    Appearance: White to Off-White Solid Purity: >99%
    Handling: Store in Tightly Sealed Vial.
    Storage: Room Temperature.
    Shipping: Express Courier

Literature Reference: 1. Merck Index., 1996., 12:, 10236.. Bulk Quantity: Inquire

I am going to drop the IPM just for cost savings... This is what I like so far:
    48%aloe vera
    25%water
    15%Cornmint oil(Menthol 80%)
    10%PG
    2%DMSO
    I realy think there is no need for any alcohol in this stuff. Water is very cheap........ Then without the ISO it is fine to use PG instead of glycerol.... Talk to ya.. What do you guys think.....
  6. Homebrew Help, Inc.

ME:

The yom will be added to the aloe water mix then heated I think to get the yom disolved. That will be the only work with the t-heat.... Talk to ya... PS. I have some yom on order now. I will be using this by the end of the week.... Talk to ya
  7. Homebrew Help, Inc.

SKAZZEL:

Yohimbine.HCl [Y1002] Description: alpha2-adrenoceptor blocker. Chemical Formula: C21H26N2O3.HCl
    Molecular Weight: M.W. 390.9
    Solubility: Soluble in Water (10 mg/ml).
    CAS Number: CAS [65-19-0]
    Active Product: N
    Appearance: White to Off-White Solid
    Purity: >99%
    Handling: Store in Tightly Sealed Vial.
    Storage: Room Temperature.
    Shipping: Express Courier
    Literature Reference: 1. Merck Index., 1996., 12:, 10236..

****. This is only ~2.4g in 8oz.
  8. Homebrew Help, Inc.

ME:

Thats what i was having a problem with. I will do some testing as soon as I get it.. I will just add 1g at a time until no more can go in. I will heat the aloe and water solution and add yom... We will see. I live spending money for reserch.... talk to ya..
  9. Homebrew Help, Inc.

DADDYR:

Benzyl Alcohol is, of course, most well known amongst us because of its use in oil-based injectable 'roids as a preservative, preventing microbial growth and reducing the risk of infections. Note that under the right condition, you can get pretty nasty amounts of bacteria growing in a matter of days. Especially if you remove the Isopropyl Alcohol, I would think you'd want a little BA. Someone already mentioned concerns about DMSO carrying unwanted contaminants through the skin. I would think you would want that homebrew to remain as free of infectious agents as possible while you're working your way through the bottle. Or maybe not. Worthy of discussion I think.
  10. Homebrew Help, Inc.

SKAZZEL:

It is also notable that the lipoderm formulation uses BA as it's #2 ingrediant (with IPA at #1), which means there is a signifigant amount in there - more than would be required to just act as a preservative.
  11. Homebrew Help, Inc.

WELL THERE THEY ARE YOU GUYS OWE ME BIG... hehehe. Talk to ya.
  12. Brewing Anabolic Minds

Thumbs up

WOW! You never cease to amaze me Curt! Everyone be sure to give a big thanks to the man

Chemo
  13. New Member

Wewp! We definately all owe you one curt!
  14. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Ahhh both of you just shut up and post something good for once.... hehehe...
    Talk to ya..
  15. Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Curt

I am absolutley astounded at the amount of work that you have put into this thread, I am impressed.

(i'm still not gonna do my cycle until november, hehe )
  16. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Ok here is a little more...
    We may need to put some alcohol in but just to make a menthol solution... Here is what i came up with. I can get 500g of menthol crystals for 50cad 30usd... it takes 66mg disolved in 100ml of ISO to make a 75% menthol solution(same as cornmint oil)... This would take the place of the cornmint oil. menthol crytals are more redily avalibe and cheaper I think. And here is why....

You take 500g mentholdisolve it in 750ml of ISO and you get 750ml's of 75% solution menthol.....
    If we use 15% in the recipe then we need 36ml/240ml bottle..
    Then we can get the menthol for 20.8 bottles for about $35.. That s for about $1.70/ bottle fo4r the menthol. Now thats not too bad... Here would be the price aprox for the recipe that I will use...

48% aloe $1.00
    25% water(free)
    15% menthol(in alcohol) solution $1.70
    10% PG $0.20
    2% DMSO$0.50
    Y-hcl 3.5g for 1month supply...$17.50

Well what do you guys think about $21.00 Is that going to cut it...
    This is a minimal ingredient recipe for least dollars..........

PS. I did not do the calc on the solution. My sister in law did and she is in chem eng so i trust it.. But I did really figure it out. Yeh thats what we wil go with.. hehehe Talk to ya..
  17. New Member

curt2go,

Looks good bro. Did you mean 66g instead of mg for the menthol? If it is 66mg, you would get much more than 20 bottles out of 500g, no? Are you going to mix some up soon and give it a shot?
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Ok, tell me what you guys think.

There's an article in Duchaine's Dirty Dieting called The Art of Spot Reduction. It basically the states that there is such a thing as spot reduction(we all know this) and goes on to explin a more involved method than simple Yohimbine.

The steps include:

1. Increasing cAMP in the area in which the fat loss is desired. The methods they recommend are injectable clenbuterol or albuterol.

2. Once cAMP is elevated in the fat cells, an enzyme called phosphodiesterase(PDE) wil appear. PDE destroys cAMP so we have stop take care of the PDE. Two PDE inhibitors are suggested (amrinone & milrinone), but they are next to impossible to get. The next best things for destryoing the PDE's are theophylline or caffeine.

3.The next step is either destoying or blocking the Alpha 2 receptors. One unatainable drug called atipamezole detroys them and as we all know, Yohimbine blocks them.

4.The more cAMP rises, the more adenosine is found in the fat cells. Adensine needs to be blocked also, but the caffeine or theophylline will do the trick.

5. Start slow with each step. First as the beta agonist, then a few days later the PDE inhibitor and lastly the Alpha 2.

I was thinking of using albuterol or a mixture of albuterol and forskolin to raise cAMP, theophylline & Yohimbine, in three different transdermal mixtures.

Has anyone else read this article or have any suggestions on what trans mixture might be best for each compund??
  19. New Member

Here's an article that sounds similar:

http://musclemonthly.com/articles/01...15-dharkam.htm
  20. Banned

Originally posted by curt2go
    Ok here is a little more...
    We may need to put some alcohol in but just to make a menthol solution... Here is what i came up with. I can get 500g of menthol crystals for 50cad 30usd... it takes 66mg disolved in 100ml of ISO to make a 75% menthol solution(same as cornmint oil)... This would take the place of the cornmint oil. menthol crytals are more redily avalibe and cheaper I think. And here is why....

You take 500g mentholdisolve it in 750ml of ISO and you get 750ml's of 75% solution menthol.....
    If we use 15% in the recipe then we need 36ml/240ml bottle..
    Then we can get the menthol for 20.8 bottles for about $35.. That s for about $1.70/ bottle fo4r the menthol. Now thats not too bad... Here would be the price aprox for the recipe that I will use...

48% aloe $1.00
    25% water(free)
    15% menthol(in alcohol) solution $1.70
    10% PG $0.20
    2% DMSO$0.50
    Y-hcl 3.5g for 1month supply...$17.50

Well what do you guys think about $21.00 Is that going to cut it...
    This is a minimal ingredient recipe for least dollars..........

PS. I did not do the calc on the solution. My sister in law did and she is in chem eng so i trust it.. But I did really figure it out. Yeh thats what we wil go with.. hehehe Talk to ya..
    Curt, first of all thanks bro for reposting the thread! your a good bro!

I like the idea of using dissolved menthol crystals in the solution. But I am still a bit weary on the DMSO. This is a new formula I came up with that should be close to yohimburn's formula:

50% Aloe
    34% Water
    6% L-Menthol
    10% - Glycerol
    3.5 g y-hcl (4oz bottle) or 7 grams for 8oz bottle

I think duplicating yohimburn's formula is the cheapest and most effective way of creating a yhcl homebrew. Yohimburn has been reported by many to deliver the results it claims - on the spot fat reduction. If we can duplicate it then I would think we would have a pretty good homebrew.
  21. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Hey NDN as far as I know the l-menthol is pepermint oil which is only 43% menthol and if you are using only 6% do you think that is enough...

Hey skazzel good catch. i did mean 66g of menthol..

I also thought of the 3.5g in 4oz but I want ot see how easy the yom disloved first.... I will be getting some yom soon and the menthol i can get any time.So I will be trying it soon..If 3.5g will disolve in the 4oz then we can get 41.6 bottles worth out of the 500g of menthol. Talk to ya...

Hey with that article do you think that some caffine in the mix would be benificail? Talk to ya..
  22. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Menthol is on the way....hehehe. So is the Y.. Should be fun to see if it works..It will don't worry! Talk to ya..
  23. Banned

Hey NDN as far as I know the l-menthol is pepermint oil which is only 43% menthol and if you are using only 6% do you think that is enough...

Hey skazzel good catch. i did mean 66g of menthol..

I also thought of the 3.5g in 4oz but I want ot see how easy the yom disloved first.... I will be getting some yom soon and the menthol i can get any time.So I will be trying it soon..If 3.5g will disolve in the 4oz then we can get 41.6 bottles worth out of the 500g of menthol. Talk to ya...

Hey with that article do you think that some caffine in the mix would be benificail? Talk to ya..
    For my 240 ml mixture, i added 15ml of peppermint oil (6%). I did this because the guys who created yohimburn use a ratio of 8 parts aloe to 1 part peppermint oil. Not to mention the scent is pretty damn strong for such a small amount, i couldnt imagine it being stronger.

I didnt have much of a problem dissolving the stuff. I used hot water and mixed in the y-hcl and mixed it until it dissolved. Mess around with it and let us know how much you can get.

For the caffine I have always thought it would be a good idea. The y-hcl transdermal causes you to hold water, while caffine, which is a natural diruetic, can take care of this problem. But for this purpose i think that Aminophylline would be a better choice. It is what many other transdermal fat loss products use to remove water weight.
  24. Brewing Anabolic Minds

Originally posted by ndn diablo
    For the caffine I have always thought it would be a good idea. The y-hcl transdermal causes you to hold water, while caffine, which is a natural diruetic, can take care of this problem. But for this purpose i think that Aminophylline would be a better choice. It is what many other transdermal fat loss products use to remove water weight.
    Isn't aminophylline controlled?

Chemo
  25. Banned

Originally posted by Big Daddy Chemo

Isn't aminophylline controlled?

Chemo
    Aminophylline is a fat-soluble version of the drug theophylline, an asthma control drug that also breaks down fat. Its the active ingredient in dozens of over the counter transdermal weight loss products.
  26. New Member

Why don't we just get Mini-Bing to test the LipoDerm-Y solution? That is if Par hasn't put a hit on the guy! Anyway, I have used LipoDerm-Y and I didn't notice a thing and I was only 8% BF at the time, I sent it back for a refund.
  27. Homebrew Help, Inc.

We don't need Par's formula here. Yohimburn is simple it works and its cheap to reproduce... Talk to ya.
  28. Banned

We don't need Par's formula here. Yohimburn is simple it works and its cheap to reproduce... Talk to ya.
    Agreed. One of the reasons many of us choose to homebrew is to save money. If you plan on spending the money on purchasing all the ingredients par uses in his formula and trying to make a copy of lipoderm-y, you might as well goto 1fast400.com and buy the real thing.
  29. New Member

Originally posted by ndn diablo

Agreed. One of the reasons many of us choose to homebrew is to save money. If you plan on spending the money on purchasing all the ingredients par uses in his formula and trying to make a copy of lipoderm-y, you might as well goto 1fast400.com and buy the real thing.
    To get all the ingredients for LipoDerm maybe, but I have bought all the ingredients that are in his pro-hormome gel and while it was kind of a pain geting them all together, I will save tons of money doing multiple cycles. I have never used Yohimburn, it just may work better than Par's formula, but I would be surprised if it did. Par, like him or not, knows transdermal delivery better than anyone else I know.
  30. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Anyone can portray themselve to be knowledgeable. Look at me....hehehe. Yeh I hear what you are saying but to buy all par's formula stuff i don't know if you will save money.. Why don't you price everything out and let us know.Then we will all know.. Talk to ya
  31. New Member

OK guys

Probably a rookie question, so bear with me. Do you apply this to areas that are fatty, or is it absobed and transported throught the body like PHs.

As always thanks for the help
  32. Homebrew Help, Inc.

It is a spot remover.... Just rub on fatty area and whalla. Its gone(hopefully)..

Talk to ya.
  33. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Well you know how we were thinking about caffine in the mix well my wife sells Beuti control and they have a celulite remover product. It has a whole bunch of big chems in it but it does has caffine in it.. SO it looks like it might be a good idea... Can anyone speculate on how much /dose.... 50mg??????? Talk to ya..
  34. New Member

60% aloe to make it a gel
    10% propylene glycol(a must for hydrphilic substances)
    10% d-limonene( shown to be a good penetrant for hydroliphics)
    8% water (It will promote absorption of hydroliphics)
    2% DMSO(cause it helps anything to get in)

I think this was Curt2gos last recipe. I am getting the stuff together. Is this the final recommendation?

We are putt 3.5 grams of Yo in 240ml. Right ?
  35. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Nope. That one is old. Here is my latest...

48% aloe
    25% water
    15% menthol(in alcohol) solution
    10% PG
    2% DMSO
    Y-hcl 3.5g for 1month supply...

This is what i will be using as soon as everything gets here. I still have to order some yom though.. talk to ya
  36. New Member

48% aloe
    25% water
    10% PG
    2% DMSO

This is what i will be using as soon as everything gets here. I still have to order some yom though.. talk to ya
    I thought based on the post by BDC that glycerol would be a better choice than PG in our homebrews? I know that he was talking about with PH/PS but would it matter with Y-CL as well?
  37. New Member

48% aloe
    25% water
    10% PG
    2% DMSO

I thought based on the post by BDC that glycerol would be a better choice than PG in our homebrews? I know that he was talking about with PH/PS but would it help with Y-CL as well?
  38. Homebrew Help, Inc.

I like PG i have lots and it is easy to get. The reason that BDC likes the gyc better is that it worked more effiecintly with ISO.... You can use it if you like.. Obviously but I'm just going to use PG.. Talk to ya
  39. New Member

Anyone can portray themselve to be knowledgeable. Look at me....hehehe. Yeh I hear what you are saying but to buy all par's formula stuff i don't know if you will save money.. Why don't you price everything out and let us know.Then we will all know.. Talk to ya
    Curt, lol. Glad you have a sense of humor and took my joke about being "hardcore" the right way. Just speculation on my part, but DMSO is such a powerful carrier that it may push the yohimbine right into your system and defeat your intent of "localized delivery" for spot-reduction.
  40. Homebrew Help, Inc.

The thing about the DMSO is that it gets things accross the SC. It disrupts it very good and pull things in. Well with the ph fromula we put it on thin skined areas becasue we know there is blood vesels there. Well with fatty areas there is not too many blood vesels in fat. Am I correct?... If my theory is correct then the DMSO will get the yom very quickly across the SC and on the other side of the SC is fat with no blood vessels. The DMSO has done its job to get the yom across it not like it digs deeper.... SO the yom will be in the fat where ther is no blood vessels to do its work. It is not going to carry the yom farther than the menthol and other pe's they will all carry the yom the same length across the SC. But since ther is no blood vessels. It just leaves it there deposited in the fat.....

Am I totally off base here or what... That is my theory anyways....Talk to ya..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Homebrew Yohimbine HCL Oral?
    By houseman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 05:47 AM
  2. curt2go's homebrew...here's the results
    By gadzid in forum Pics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 06:47 AM
  3. Absorbtion rate of homebrews?
    By Jorta in forum Anabolics