Yohimbine Homebrew

ndn diablo

Banned
Awards
Where the hell did all the info go!There is a whole page lost and i made this thread sticky as well. What the hell?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk to ya
Chemo anyway we can get the old post back? This was a good thread bro!

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
The way the transfer went there was a day period when they backed up the database and when they actually moved it. Those posts still exist but I have to manually import them. Working on it....

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
NDN I have it all in word just in case the transfer gets screwed up... Talk to ya...

skazzel

Awards
Yep,

Bump for bringing the old posts back. Curt2go was on a roll!

ndn diablo

Banned
Awards
The posts that were made during the database transfer have been permanently lost. Sorry to all that had research posted...

Chemo
Damn that sucks man.

Curt can you repost the threads that you have saved so we can get this thread going agian?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
The posts that were made during the database transfer have been permanently lost. Sorry to all that had research posted...

Chemo

skazzel

Awards
One of the big things now missing is curt2go's explanation of cornmint oil, which I think is a major step in the right direction or making an affordable yhcl transdermal. Curt, can you repost some of that info?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
No chemo they ar not lost i have them saved in word.. Yes not the best place for them but I can re post them. Not to easily though but it WILL be done. Hopefully tommorow I will do it.. Talk to ya...

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Hey NDn did the y disolve fine . How did you do it? Talk ot ya.

Attachments

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Ok here is all the screwed up threads... They will all be under me but i will show who posted them. If there is no indication of who it was. It was me...hehehe. Talk to ya...

Here we go....

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

Both l-menthol and benzyl alcohol can be sourced from theeyeofnewt.com.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
WARDOG:

I wouldnt suggest the DMSO. As stated, we want it to NOT get to the bloodstream, I think DMSO is going to not help us towards that end. As far as skazzels comment, I also highly recommend Eyeofnewt..great people, and great service.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Here is some other considerations for menthol... look and see what you think. I don't know if any are cheaper but I will find out. Pepermint oil is a little expensive... Talk to ya

MENTHOL CRYSTALS IP/BP/USP-LARGE BOLD SMALL (MEDIUM /RICE /FINE)
MENTHOL CRYSTALS IP/BP/USP-LARGE BOLD SMALL (MEDIUM /RICE /FINE)
MENTHOL POWDER (FLAKES) TOTAL MENTHOL 97%
MENTHA ARVENSIS OIL (CORNMINT OIL ) TOTAL MENTHOL 75 %80% 88% 90%
PEPERMINT OIL DEMENTHOLISED (WITH TERPENES) NATURAL /RECTIFIED/ TRI -RECTIFIED TOTAL MENTHOL 50% MIN (L-.MENTHOL 38% 40 % DEMENTHOLISED MINT OIL BP) PEPPERMINT OIL PIPERTIA- FIRST CUT/ SECOND CUT/CONFIRMING TO BP /USP NATURAL /RECTIFIED
SPEARMINT OIL ( L- CARVONE 55% TO 95%) THYMOL BP/USP/FCC LIQUID MENTHOL 95% 98%
MENTHONE 95% 98% PLUS (L-MENTHONE 65% 70% 80% 90 % 95%)
L-MENTHYL ACETATE 98% PLUS
MINT TERPENES
CIS 3 HEXENOL 50% TO 95%
CIS-3HEXENYL ACETATE 93% PLUS
3 OCTANOL 97% PLUS
3 OCTANOL ACETATE 97% PLUS
MENTHA CITRATA OIL LINALYL ACETATE 70% 80% 85% (EX- CITRATA OIL )
BASIL OIL (MENTHYL CHAVICOL (ESTRAGOLE TYPE) MENTHYL CHAVICOL (ESTRAGOLE) 99% PLUS
ANETHOLE 99.5% PLUS (EX BASIL OIL)
LINALOOL 98% PLUS (EX BASIL OIL)
L-LIMONENE 80% 95% (EX SPEARMINT OIL TERPENES)

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Look like corn minto oil is very cheap. I have found it for $14 for 32oz. And from the article obove it is 80-95% menthol.. What do you think... Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Look like in this that it is only 40% menthol.. Let me know. talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

more on corn mint.... The oil is derived from steam distillation of the herb of Mentha Arvensis immediately prior to the inflorescence of the plant. This slightly thick liquid is pale yellow and has 70-88% of menthol as its main constituent. It forms crystals easily and is insoluble in water and blends well with Peppermint, Spearmint and wintergreen. It is used as a Masking agent, Herbal, Oral products (tooth paste and mouth washes), Mint and peppermint.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

This is why cornmint is better than pepermint for us......!! Talk to ya.. Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is an essential oil used world wide in the food and flavouring industries, especially for confectionery and toothpaste. It also has some use in the cosmetic industry. Peppermint oil can be derived from a number of Mentha varieties. The highest quality oil comes from M piperita which is the variety grown here in Australia and in the USA In other countries such as China and Brazil, the common crop grown is M arvensis or Cornmint. These oils have a menthol level of 80-85% (compared to the much more desirable levels of 43-49% of M. piperita) but these oils can be processed to reduce the menthol levels and hence substituted for M.piperita. This practice is declining as the major buyers look to M piperita for their high quality oil.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

quote: Originally posted by Big Daddy Chemo I'm not saying that iso should be the main ingredient but that it should be the main solvent. Maybe in the 20-25% range. Accordingly, I'm leaning towards Glycerol instead of PG for the Yo as well. DMSO in the 5% range. Chemo

Yom disolves in water does it not. If that is true then iso is not needed as a solvent it will disolve in the water just fine...??????? The second is yom HCL what we will use in the t-heat...

YOHIMBINE FORMULA-C21H26N2O3
MELTING POINT- 235 C. BOILING POINT- SUBLIMES SOLUABILITY WATER-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
ALCOHOL-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
ETHER-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
BENZENE-SOLUBLE WHEN HOT
ETHER- CHLORFORM-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE RETURN TO INDEX

YOHIMBINE HYDROCHLORIDE FORMULA-C21H26N2O3.HCL MELTING POINT- 235 C.
SOLUABILITY WATER- SOLUBLE WHEN HOT
ALCOHOL-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
ETHER-INSOLUBLE ACETONE-INSOLBULE

What do you think...Talk to ya...

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Loks like we are not he only one sdoing this. I found this on some thread not related to bb... Very interesting...

Buy some 5mg yohimbine hcl caps from a supplement supplier, then buy some liquid aloe vera (the real deal, not the banana boat gel stuff), then buy either some plastic wrap & Ben Gay type cream (the menthol is the thing here) or Icy Hot patches. Either open up an Icy hot patch and sprinkle the contents of 4 of the yo' caps on it, or get your pastic wrap and brush on some Ben Gay creeam and then sprinkle the yo' on it. Prep your selected fatty deposit with an alcohol wipe, then a little aloe vera. Slap on your patch or wrap. If using wrap, you will have to secure the "wrap patch" somehow. I usually just wrapped more plastic around it (usually my waist since I was using it on my abs). I have found it best to do this before bed, since you may not want to go to work making the squeaky plastic wrap noise ... but if you are using the Icy Hot patch, you should be good anytime. The alcohol, menthol, and aloe are all carriers that will help the yo' get absorbed by the skin. I am going to start with the Icy patches within a week or so, just to finish up my cycle on the right note. LOL. All of the stuff listed above is readily available, is ALOT cheaper than Cutting Gel or Yohimburn, and will last longer. If you can't find yo' hcl in caps, www.supplementdirect.com carries it. And I gain nothing by sharing that with you all. They do good business and ship promptly.

Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:I LOVE TO HEAR MYSELF TALK SORRY!

Well after careful considerations I think this is what I will try... Just need the yom hcl now.... i will try to mix this tommorow and tell you how it goes.... Just a 120ml batch without yom...

48%Aloe gel**must be 100%** (PE and skin hydrator)
15%Isopropyl myristate(PE)
15%cornmint oil(80%menthol)
10%water(heated and yom put in)
10%Propylene Glycol(PE and skin hydrator)
2%DMSO(just because)

It should be very cheap to make the costly ingredient will be the yom @ 5$/gram from 1fast What do you think????

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

curt2go,
Good stuff. The l-menthol is a bit pricey, however I'm not sure how much will actually be needed. The reason for it's addition is to help the yohimbine penetrate the stratum corneum, which is the outermost layer of skin (composed of dead skin cells in a fatty matrix). This layer of skin is very thin, but is one of the most difficult barriers to bypass and without the l-menthol, most of your yohimbine will end up stuck here, bonded to dead skin. We only need enough l-menthol to effectively saturate the stratum corneum - any extra will be wasted.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

The l-menthol is a derivitive of menthol which is found in cornmint @ 80%...Yohimburn uses pepermint which only has 43-49% menthol and it WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY more expensive because it is more useful for flavoring at the lower menthol level. The cornmint is awsome and cheap for our application. Like I said in one of the threads like $14 for 32oz of cornmint... Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

curt2go, No alcohol in your latest recipe? Do you think the yhcl could be dissolved in heated aloe?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

It will disolve in heated water... Look a couple threads up it shows that yhcl is more soluable in heated water than alcohol.So it will be added to heated water then added to the rest of the brew. Talk to ya....

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

skazzel here is more:

Yohimbine.HCl [Y1002]
Description: alpha2-adrenoceptor blocker.
Chemical Formula: C21H26N2O3.HCl
Molecular Weight: M.W. 390.9
Solubility: Soluble in Water (10 mg/ml).
CAS Number: CAS [65-19-0]
Active Product: N
Appearance: White to Off-White Solid Purity: >99%
Handling: Store in Tightly Sealed Vial. Storage: Room Temperature.
Shipping: Express Courier Literature Reference: 1. Merck Index., 1996., 12:, 10236..
Bulk Quantity: Inquire $0.00

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

curt2go, I am concerned about drying times with all of that aloe and water in there. I think 10 minutes is about the max anyone would want to have to wait around for it to dry.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Thats why I am going to try it out. Yom free...... I love beta testing...... Talk to ya.... Just goto get my hands on some cornmint tommorow... then its all good. As far as the rubbing in I think it will be fine. With the 10% water we are we are only talking 2ml/application @ 30mg/ml(7g in 240ml) which is only .2ml of water which is not very much and 1ml aloe. Not very much at all... Uh oh just thought of something.. The thread above says disolves in 10mg/ml of water with only 24ml of water to get even 3.5g to disolve in just the water is 145mg/ml... Just thinking out loud here. i may have a problem........CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going ot have to think on this tonight.. Talk to ya...

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

How the hell does everyone elso disolve it??????? it does not disolve in alcohol!!!!! **** CRAP DAM..... This pisses me off.....CRAP... talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
NDN:

Originally posted by curt2go Well after careful considerations I think this is what I will try... Just need the yom hcl now.... i will try to mix this tommorow and tell you how it goes.... Just a 120ml batch without yom...
48%Aloe gel**must be 100%** (PE and skin hydrator)
15%Isopropyl myristate(PE)
15%cornmint oil(80%menthol)
10%water(heated and yom put in)
10%Propylene Glycol(PE and skin hydrator)
2%DMSO(just because)
It should be very cheap to make the costly ingredient will be the yom @ 5$/gram from 1fast What do you think????

Its not bad but the formula looks like we would get more into the bloodstream instead of the adipose tissue, something we do not want.
Try this formula out:
50% Aloe gel
20% Benzyl Alcohol
15% Cornmint oil
10% Water
5% Glycerol
I would think this forumla would do a great job of delerving the y-hcl to the adipose tissue. Thoughts?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

ndn, I like it. I am still wary of the additional water, as aloe is mostly water in the first place. I suppose it all depends on if we can get 6 grams of yhcl dissolved into heated aloe. Due to some of the studies I have seen regarding a combo of IPA and BA I might do something like:
50% Aloe gel
10% Benzyl Alcohol
10% Isopropyl Alcohol
15% Cornmint oil
10% Water
5% Glycerol
or, if we can get the yhcl dissolved in the heated aloe:
50% Aloe gel
15% Benzyl Alcohol
15% Isopropyl Alcohol
15% Cornmint oil
5% Glycerol
I think this would give better results than yohimburn for sure, and might even be close to lipoderm. To be honest, with lipoderm only $43.99 at 1fast400, it will be hard to make a worthwhile homebrew. The yohimbine itself will be $30 (or $24 if bought in 10g quantities or more), so at best you are looking at $30-35 / bottle of questionable homebrew vs proven lipoderm for $44. Not quite the huge savings homebrew has over say 4aderm (especially with the new homebrew recipe, which with the DMSO probably surpasses avant lab's formula) - $40 for avantlabs, or ~$20 for homebrew.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

What does the benzyl alcohol do?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Just did a quick test... 10ml 100%aloe vera and 2ml water. ABout the 50% 10% split in my recipe... Well i applied 4ml to 1 ARM and it rubbed in in about 2 min and 1 min more to completely dry.. There is no reson for ISO to help with drying of this stuff. I still have not figuerd out how we will get the yom into the solution yet????? Still working on that. I am going to order some yom tonight..... Talk to ya...

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Well here is the info on benzyl alcohol.. jUst a presevative. PAR PUTS IT IN BECAUSE OF THE LONG SHELF LIFE.HEHEHE.. I don' t think its worth it to have in here. Just another chem that does nothing for us. Unless someone elso know what it is used for as well. It is an alcohol so it won't disolve the yom..... Talk to ya. As for th addition of the DMSO it only gets the yom through the SC. Since we are only putting it on fatty deposits the yom will have a hard time gettinginto bloodvessels(not too many in fat). I think it is a good addition... Talk to ya.

Just trying to simplify everything for everyone... Hope it helps.. Talk to ya.

Chemical Fact Sheet Chemical Abstract Number (CAS #) 100516 Synonyms Benzyl alcohol Benzenemethanol Analytical Method EPA Method 8250A Molecular Formula C7H8O Use MANUFACTURE OF OTHER BENZYL CMPD; SOLVENT FOR CELLULOSE ACETATE; IN PERFUMERY & IN FLAVORING; SOLVENT FOR GELATIN, CASEIN (WHEN HOT), & SHELLAC; IN MICROSCOPY AS EMBEDDING MATERIAL MEDICATION (VET): HAS BEEN USED FOR RELIEF OF PRURITUS AS A LACQUER SOLVENT & PLASTICIZER Photographic developer for color movie films; dyeing nylon filament, textiles & sheet plastics; heat-sealing polyethylene films; intermediate for benzyl esters and ethers; ball point pen inks; stencil inks PRESERVATIVE IN OPHTHALMIC PREPN Medication: It is used as a preservative in newborn medication such as bacteriostatic saline, heparin, phenobarbital injection, pancuronium, aquamephyton, and neonatal trace metal soln. Degreasing agent in rug cleaners. Used for the preservation of aqueous and oily parenteral drugs, in cough syrups, ointments, ophthalmic, burn, and dental solutions, insect ointments and repellents, and dermatological aerosol sprays. It is used as a solvent for dyestuffs. Benzyl alcohol is used in cosmetics, such as nail lacquers and hair dyes. Consumption Patterns 60% IS USED IN THE TEXTILE INDUSTRY AS A DYE ASSISTANT (MOSTLY FOR DYEING NYLON CARPETING); AND 40% IS USED IN OTHER APPLICATIONS (1972) Apparent Color WATER-WHITE LIQ Odor FAINT AROMATIC ODOR Boiling Point 204.7 DEG C Melting Point -15.19 DEG C Molecular Weight 108.13 Density 1.04535 @ 20 DEG C/4 DEG C Odor Threshold Concentration 5.5 ppm Sensitivity Data It is slightly irritating to the skin . Vapor: Irritating to eyes, nose and throat. Liquid: Irritating to skin & eyes. Environmental Impact Benzyl alcohol may enter the environment through fugitive emissions during its production, and during its formulation and use in commercial products. It may also enter the environment from the exhaust of motor vehicles. If released to soil, benzyl alcohol is expected to display high mobility and readily leach through soil. Volatilization from dry soil to the atmosphere may be an important fate process; however, it is not expected to be an important process in moist soils. Microbial degradation in soil may occur, based on limited data. If released to water, benzyl alcohol is expected to undergo microbial degradation under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. Neither volatilization to the atmosphere, hydrolysis, direct photolytic degradation, chemical oxidation, bioconcentration in fish and aquatic organisms, nor adsorption to sediment and suspended organic matter are expected to be significant processes in environmental waters. In the atmosphere, benzyl alcohol is expected to exist almost entirely in the vapor phase. The estimated half-life for the vapor phase reaction of benzyl alcohol with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals is 2 days. Its water solubility suggests that benzyl alcohol may undergo deposition to the surface by rain washout and other wet deposition processes. Occupational exposure to benzyl alcohol may occur by dermal contact and inhalation during its production or formulation. Benzyl alcohol finds use in numerous consumer products which may result in exposure by dermal contact, inhalation, or ingestion during their use. Environmental Fate TERRESTRIAL FATE: If released to soil, benzyl alcohol is expected to display high mobility and readily leach through soil(1,2,3). Microbial degradation in soil may occur, based on limited data(4,5). Volatilization from dry soil to the atmosphere may be an important fate process(6,SRC); however, it is not expected to be a significant process in moist soils(7,SRC). AQUATIC FATE: If released to water, benzyl alcohol is expected to undergo microbial degradation under aerobic(1-7) and anaerobic(8,9,10) conditions. ATMOSPHERIC FATE: Based on a vapor pressure of 0.11 mm Hg at 25 deg C , benzyl alcohol is expected to exist almost entirely in the vapor phase in the ambient atmosphere . The estimated half life for the vapor phase reaction of benzyl alcohol with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals in the atmosphere is 2 days(3,SRC). Based on its water solubility, 40 g/l, it may undergo dissolution into clouds and subsequently be removed from the atmosphere in precipitation. Drinking Water Impact GROUNDWATER: Benzyl alcohol was found in a groundwater sample taken at an unauthorized waste site, at a concn of 170 ug/L . EFFL: Benzyl alcohol has been identified in the waste water effluent from the photographic processing industry and in the effluent from Kraft paper mills in 6 out of 8 samples at a concentration up to 0.025 mg/l . Benzyl alcohol has been qualitatively determined in the secondary effluent from wastewater treatment plants in Illinois . The effluent from a Los Angeles county waste water treatment plant contained 500 ug/l of benzyl alcohol . Benzyl alcohol has been detected in the leachate from a Barcelona, Spain, sanitary landfill and from a municipal refuse disposal site in the Netherlands(6). Benzyl alcohol was qualitatively detected in the wastewater of a petrochemical company producing olefins and oxygenated hydrocarbons(7). Benzyl alcohol was found in the effluent of 1 out of 4 test waste incinerators(8).

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

curt2go, Sounds good, but doesn't alcohol also help with penetration (should at least act as a solvent for any oil on the skin)?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

That is what the reserch says.the alcohol is not needed here... The penetration effects are minimal... EVER USED ANDROSOL(MY POINT EXACTLY)....hehehehe
YOHIMBINE FORMULA-C21H26N2O3
MELTING POINT- 235 C.
BOILING POINT- SUBLIMES
SOLUABILITY
WATER-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
ALCOHOL-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
ETHER-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
BENZENE-SOLUBLE WHEN HOT
ETHER- CHLORFORM-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
RETURN TO INDEX
YOHIMBINE HYDROCHLORIDE FORMULA-C21H26N2O3.HCL MELTING POINT- 235 C.
SOLUABILITY WATER- SOLUBLE WHEN HOT
ALCOHOL-SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
ETHER-INSOLUBLE ACETONE-INSOLBULE

Yohimbine.HCl [Y1002] Description: alpha2-adrenoceptor blocker. Chemical Formula: C21H26N2O3.HCl
Appearance: White to Off-White Solid Purity: >99%
Handling: Store in Tightly Sealed Vial.
Storage: Room Temperature.
Shipping: Express Courier

Literature Reference: 1. Merck Index., 1996., 12:, 10236.. Bulk Quantity: Inquire

I am going to drop the IPM just for cost savings... This is what I like so far:
48%aloe vera
25%water
15%Cornmint oil(Menthol 80%)
10%PG
2%DMSO
I realy think there is no need for any alcohol in this stuff. Water is very cheap........ Then without the ISO it is fine to use PG instead of glycerol.... Talk to ya.. What do you guys think.....

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

The yom will be added to the aloe water mix then heated I think to get the yom disolved. That will be the only work with the t-heat.... Talk to ya... PS. I have some yom on order now. I will be using this by the end of the week.... Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

Yohimbine.HCl [Y1002] Description: alpha2-adrenoceptor blocker. Chemical Formula: C21H26N2O3.HCl
Appearance: White to Off-White Solid
Purity: >99%
Handling: Store in Tightly Sealed Vial.
Storage: Room Temperature.
Shipping: Express Courier
Literature Reference: 1. Merck Index., 1996., 12:, 10236..

****. This is only ~2.4g in 8oz.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
ME:

Thats what i was having a problem with. I will do some testing as soon as I get it.. I will just add 1g at a time until no more can go in. I will heat the aloe and water solution and add yom... We will see. I live spending money for reserch.... talk to ya..

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
DADDYR:

Benzyl Alcohol is, of course, most well known amongst us because of its use in oil-based injectable 'roids as a preservative, preventing microbial growth and reducing the risk of infections. Note that under the right condition, you can get pretty nasty amounts of bacteria growing in a matter of days. Especially if you remove the Isopropyl Alcohol, I would think you'd want a little BA. Someone already mentioned concerns about DMSO carrying unwanted contaminants through the skin. I would think you would want that homebrew to remain as free of infectious agents as possible while you're working your way through the bottle. Or maybe not. Worthy of discussion I think.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
SKAZZEL:

It is also notable that the lipoderm formulation uses BA as it's #2 ingrediant (with IPA at #1), which means there is a signifigant amount in there - more than would be required to just act as a preservative.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
WELL THERE THEY ARE YOU GUYS OWE ME BIG... hehehe. Talk to ya.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
WOW! You never cease to amaze me Curt! Everyone be sure to give a big thanks to the man ;)

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh both of you just shut up and post something good for once.... hehehe...:D :D :D
Talk to ya..

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Curt

I am absolutley astounded at the amount of work that you have put into this thread, I am impressed.

(i'm still not gonna do my cycle until november, hehe :cool: )

Attachments

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Ok here is a little more...
We may need to put some alcohol in but just to make a menthol solution... Here is what i came up with. I can get 500g of menthol crystals for 50cad 30usd... it takes 66mg disolved in 100ml of ISO to make a 75% menthol solution(same as cornmint oil)... This would take the place of the cornmint oil. menthol crytals are more redily avalibe and cheaper I think. And here is why....

You take 500g mentholdisolve it in 750ml of ISO and you get 750ml's of 75% solution menthol.....
If we use 15% in the recipe then we need 36ml/240ml bottle..
Then we can get the menthol for 20.8 bottles for about $35.. That s for about $1.70/ bottle fo4r the menthol. Now thats not too bad... Here would be the price aprox for the recipe that I will use...

48% aloe $1.00
25% water(free)
15% menthol(in alcohol) solution $1.70
10% PG $0.20
2% DMSO$0.50
Y-hcl 3.5g for 1month supply...$17.50

Well what do you guys think about $21.00 Is that going to cut it...
This is a minimal ingredient recipe for least dollars..........

PS. I did not do the calc on the solution. My sister in law did and she is in chem eng so i trust it.. But I did really figure it out. Yeh thats what we wil go with.. hehehe Talk to ya..

skazzel

Awards
curt2go,

Looks good bro. Did you mean 66g instead of mg for the menthol? If it is 66mg, you would get much more than 20 bottles out of 500g, no? Are you going to mix some up soon and give it a shot?

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, tell me what you guys think.

There's an article in Duchaine's Dirty Dieting called The Art of Spot Reduction. It basically the states that there is such a thing as spot reduction(we all know this) and goes on to explin a more involved method than simple Yohimbine.

The steps include:

1. Increasing cAMP in the area in which the fat loss is desired. The methods they recommend are injectable clenbuterol or albuterol.

2. Once cAMP is elevated in the fat cells, an enzyme called phosphodiesterase(PDE) wil appear. PDE destroys cAMP so we have stop take care of the PDE. Two PDE inhibitors are suggested (amrinone & milrinone), but they are next to impossible to get. The next best things for destryoing the PDE's are theophylline or caffeine.

3.The next step is either destoying or blocking the Alpha 2 receptors. One unatainable drug called atipamezole detroys them and as we all know, Yohimbine blocks them.

4.The more cAMP rises, the more adenosine is found in the fat cells. Adensine needs to be blocked also, but the caffeine or theophylline will do the trick.

5. Start slow with each step. First as the beta agonist, then a few days later the PDE inhibitor and lastly the Alpha 2.

I was thinking of using albuterol or a mixture of albuterol and forskolin to raise cAMP, theophylline & Yohimbine, in three different transdermal mixtures.

Has anyone else read this article or have any suggestions on what trans mixture might be best for each compund??

ndn diablo

Banned
Awards
Ok here is a little more...
We may need to put some alcohol in but just to make a menthol solution... Here is what i came up with. I can get 500g of menthol crystals for 50cad 30usd... it takes 66mg disolved in 100ml of ISO to make a 75% menthol solution(same as cornmint oil)... This would take the place of the cornmint oil. menthol crytals are more redily avalibe and cheaper I think. And here is why....

You take 500g mentholdisolve it in 750ml of ISO and you get 750ml's of 75% solution menthol.....
If we use 15% in the recipe then we need 36ml/240ml bottle..
Then we can get the menthol for 20.8 bottles for about $35.. That s for about $1.70/ bottle fo4r the menthol. Now thats not too bad... Here would be the price aprox for the recipe that I will use...

48% aloe $1.00
25% water(free)
15% menthol(in alcohol) solution $1.70
10% PG $0.20
2% DMSO$0.50
Y-hcl 3.5g for 1month supply...$17.50

Well what do you guys think about $21.00 Is that going to cut it...
This is a minimal ingredient recipe for least dollars..........

PS. I did not do the calc on the solution. My sister in law did and she is in chem eng so i trust it.. But I did really figure it out. Yeh thats what we wil go with.. hehehe Talk to ya..
Curt, first of all thanks bro for reposting the thread! your a good bro!

I like the idea of using dissolved menthol crystals in the solution. But I am still a bit weary on the DMSO. This is a new formula I came up with that should be close to yohimburn's formula:

50% Aloe
34% Water
6% L-Menthol
10% - Glycerol
3.5 g y-hcl (4oz bottle) or 7 grams for 8oz bottle

I think duplicating yohimburn's formula is the cheapest and most effective way of creating a yhcl homebrew. Yohimburn has been reported by many to deliver the results it claims - on the spot fat reduction. If we can duplicate it then I would think we would have a pretty good homebrew.