Yohimbine Homebrew

Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

1. Originally posted by ndn diablo

PG is far better PE when compared to glycerol. Glycerol is a good mosturizer which is a must for this homebrew. I think PG will penetrate too fast and will cause the y-hcl to end up in the bloodstream a little too quick. Curt, Chemo - thoughts?
    Pg is a better penetrater than glycerol but it is an awsome moisterizer as well ad as a penetrator is penetrating properties won't affect the brew much. The differnce between the 2 would be which one you can get easier IMO... Talk to ya.

2. Propylene Glycol
    Propylene Glycol

Propylene Glycol
    Propylene glycol [57-55-6]
    Synonyms: Propanediol; solar winter ban; monopropylene glycol; propane-1,2-diol; alpha-propyleneglycol; dowfrost; PG 12; sirlene; 1,2-Propanediol; 1,2-Dihydroxypropane; Methylethylene glycol; Propylene glycol; Trimethyl glycol; 1,2-Propylene glycol; PROPYLENEGLYCOL, REAGENT (ACS)
    Glycerol

Glycerol
    glycerin [56-81-5]
    Synonyms: Propanetriol; D-glycerol; L-glycerol; 1,2,3-Trihydroxypropane; 1,2,3-propanetriol; Glycerol; Glycerin; glyceritol; glycyl alcohol; trihydroxypropane; Glycerin mist; Polyhydric alcohols
    Isopropyl Alcohol

Isopropyl Alcohol
    2-Propanol [67-63-0]
    Synonyms: Propan-2-ol; Isopropanol; IPA; Sec-propanol; 2-Propanol; Rubbing Alcohol; Dimethylcarbinol; sec-Propyl alcohol; Alcohol; i-Propanol; petrohol; n-propan-2-ol; propol; spectrar; sterisol hand disinfectant; takineocol; alcosolve 2; 2-hydroxypropane; alcojel; alcosolve; avantin; chromar; combi-schutz; hartosol; imsol a; isohol; lutosol; DuPont Zonyl FSP Fluorinated Surfactants; DuPont Zonyl FSN Fluorinated Surfactants; DuPont Zonyl FSA Fluorinated Surfactants; DuPont Zonyl FSJ Fluorinated Surfactants; ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (MANUFACTURING, STRONG-ACID PROCESS)

Let's look at the chemistry of the two choices and eventually compare them to i-prop. Notice the similiarities and the differences between the two molecules. Prop Glycol has two -OH (hydroxy) groups and glycerol has 3. So what does this matter? Let me tell you...

Imagine that each of those OH groups are pulling on the "rope" wherever they are attached. This is likened to molecular polarity. In addition, the -OH groups lend themselves to increased "solvation" due to hydrogen bonding. So, the more -OH's there are the better:
    • Solvation we will get (i.e. - better PH solubility, get more powder into solution)
    • Miscibility with water and other alcohols

Now, the actual difference between the two may not be realized. Imagine if you had $10, 000, 000 and someone gave you another $10, 000...it's still an increase but since the starting amount was high anyway it goes largely un-noticed. Same this with these two...PG is already good at what it does and the benefits of Glycerol may not be noticed. But, I will be changing the PG in my mix to glycerol anyway...

Now, the comparison of both to isopropyl alcohol...do you notice the trend here with the chemical structures? Glycerol has 3 OH's, PG has 2, and now i-prop has only one. Isopropyl is more "polar" than the other 2 since the one OH is pulling on the rope and nobody is there to counter. What does this do for the mix? It allows for better solvation of PH's which ultimately decides whether you get 10 grams into solution or 15. This is also the reason that ethanol (EtOH, grain, Everclear) is better for solvation since the "rope" is shorter by 1 carbon and the polarity is higher.

The order of polarity is as such:i-prop (highest) - Prop Glycol (middle) - Glycerol (lowest)

Let's wrap this up...
    IMO, the preferred choice between the two would be Glycerol. BUT, there is such a small effective difference between the two that it would be more practical to use whatever is convenient. This is said with the knowledge that i-prop alcohol is used as the primary solvent.

Chemo

BTW, I am also going to post this in the ingredient forum...
    Please reply here --> http://forum.bdcnutrition.com/showth...s=&thread****45
    •   

3. Big daddy,

I'll admit, alot of the nomosome article was greek to me. I did however notice some signifigance in it. Why is the info so interesting to you? You haven't said anything about it, other than it was VERY interesting. Will it help in formulating an alternative to lipoderm-y? Do you know if they can used in a product without charging an arm and a leg?

Megadeth

4. Chemo are you suggesting ISO in the homebrew yom..???? I know that par uses it as his main ingredient.. TAlkto ya..

5. Here is some info on yom.... Talk to ya.

Enter yohimbine.

Chemically, yohimbine is classified as an alpha-2 adrenergic receptor blocker. Alpha-2 adrenergic receptors are located primarily in the abdominal and pelvic area, including the primary sex organs.

As a receptor blocker, yohimbine is, in a way, an anti-hormone. But in another way, it is similar to cocaine and amphetamine in causing mental agility and arousal.

Why?

The only explanation that seems to make sense is that by interfering with the docking of epinephrine (adrenaline) in the abdominal and pelvic tissue, or by even replacing it from alpha-2 receptors to which it normally is bound, yohimbine causes an increase of freely circulating epinephrine / adrenaline.

The freely circulating additional epinephrine (adrenaline) as a hormone exerts the typical adrenergic effect on the heart, leading to an increased heart rate (tachycardia, palpitations) which will always occur with a sufficiently high dosage of yohimbine. But because epinephrine is not just a hormone but also a neurotransmitter, it also affects the central nervous system in a manner that actually is quite similar to cocaine or amphetamine, with increased alertness, mental agitation, and proneness to arousal, sexual and otherwise.

Yohimbine is unique in that it has a dual aphrodisiac function: it improves sexual function by displacing hormonal epinephrine from alpha-2 adrenergic receptors in the pelvic area, and it increases proneness to arousal through supplying the epinephrine from the alpha-2 adrenergic receptors to the central nervous system (the brain), where it is active as a neurotransmitter.

As a pro-sexual drug, yohimbine has a definite edge over cocaine, amphetamine, and methamphetamine. The three street drugs may have the effect of causing sexual arousal, but at the same time interfere negatively with sexual function.

This is the case because hormonal epinephrine not only has the function to increase heart rate and blood pressure in order to make the body ready for fight or flight, but also to shut down functions that are not essential for fighting or fleeing. Blood is drawn from the digestive tract while bowel movement may be hastened to rid the body of weight.

Vasodilatation in the genital tract is made impossible. An erection during a fight would be an unwelcome obstacle, and a highly vulnerable target on top of that. This is why the increased catecholamine levels effected by cocaine, amphetamine, and methamphetamine all lead to a strong shrinkage of the male genitals. Therefore, what one gets from cocaine and amphetamines is a plus in desire and a minus in capability… an odd combination indeed.

Yohimbine, on the other hand, does not elevate epinephrine effects throughout the body. Yohimbine effects a minus of epinephrine in the abdominal and genital areas where alpha-2 adrenergic receptors prevail, and a plus of epinephrine in the central nervous system and other, mostly upper parts, of the human body.

In order to understand why the interference with alpha-2 adrenergic receptors works to facilitate erections, one has to know that the normal, flaccid genital state is, in the first place, only caused by hormonal epinephrine (adrenaline) being almost permanently docked to alpha-2 adrenergic receptors. To achieve an erection normally, nerve impulses will have to initiate a physiological process by which epinephrine (adrenaline) is removed from alpha-2 adrenergic receptors.

The same effect can be reached by ingesting some 5 to 50 milligram of yohimbine.
    •   

6. Originally posted by curt2go
    Chemo are you suggesting ISO in the homebrew yom..???? I know that par uses it as his main ingredient.. TAlkto ya..
    I'm not saying that iso should be the main ingredient but that it should be the main solvent. Maybe in the 20-25% range. Accordingly, I'm leaning towards Glycerol instead of PG for the Yo as well. DMSO in the 5% range.

Looks something like this:
    • 45% Aloe
    • 20% i-prop alcohol
    • 10% Water
    • 10% d-limonene
    • 10% Glycerol
    • 5% DMSO

Comments?

Chemo

7. Looks like Par is double dipping.....!!!!!.. This is his formula in Purcu-lean. Click on perculean at the bottom and it atkes you to the facts. they are the EXACT same as Par's.Even the formula... HUH.. Juts thought it was interesting...

http://www.richgaspari.com/newslette...erculean_4.htm

8. Serving Size: Start with 3-4 squirts and increase daily. Do not exceed 10 squirts at one time. Do not exceed 20 squirts in one day.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ingredients
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Each six squirts (4 ml) contains 100 mg of Yohimbine HCL.
    Isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, water, n-methyl-2-pyrrolidinone, glycerol, l-menthol, laurocapram, Yohimibine Hcl, Carboner 934
    hhhmmm....looks like we are on the same track

Skip the BA, n-methyl, and laurocapram...still will have a kick ass brew!

Chemo

9. Here is another recipe and product... Take a look... IPM is in there????

http://www.netrition.com/global_liponiq_page.html

10. Other Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, MCT, Phospholipids, Emulsifiers, Isopropyl Myristate, Natural Vegetable Glycerine, TEA, Anti-foam, Methyl Parabene, Propyl Parabane.

Recommended Use: The usual starting dose is 2 ml (1 pump) applied to target area once daily. Focus on one target area at a time until desired result is achieved.
    The more we work on this the closer we get to the homebrew recipe...

Chemo

11. Here is something i have yet to figure out exactly. Yom has an oral boiavalibility of 22% read that somewhere. Does the yom go through the skin and deposit into the fat or is it supposed to go into the blood stream???? If it is supposed to go into the blood stream then it really won't work for spot reduction will it. If it is to go into the fat then the dmso might be tooo much. But if it is to go into the blood stream then why not just eat it with and eca???? we could call it an ecay stack!!!! Well let me know what you guys think... This is a major factor in the recipe. i think we have to figure this out first... Talk to ya...

12. Curt,
    It needs to go into the fat, otherwise we would just use the prohormone brew. Pars brew has science to back up why his is concentrated locally and works for spot reduction. The yohimburn doesn't have the literature, but the anecdotal evidence is huge and it no doubt works too.

13. as for 1,4-dione, big cat also wrote (or corrected) in his articles that 1,4-dione is better than diol, but i remember pa saying on bb.com that he didn't think there was any real proof of that... also some people have claimed good results with the diol...

14. I agree with the 1,4-andro --> I have to see the proof or at least read the logic. An oral dione being more effective than a diol?? Sounds counter-intuative...if someone finds the article or thread where he makes the claim and offers proof post the link!!

Chemo

15. This is what llewellyn had to say:

1) The 17 beta-hydroxy group of converted boldenone is extremely stable with ingestion of the 1,4 andro. There is no need to search for another enzyme pathway (3BHSD). The diol likewise should have a much lower active conversion rate in comparison, not better.

2) The diol MAY impart eastrogenic activity due to the fact that its partially unsaturated A ring resembles Estradiol closely). I have seen no documentation to support this however, but PA's suggestion of this seems plausable.

3) It costs more to manufacture.

Heres the link to the thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...highlight=diol

but then agian his company does sell Boldione (1,4andro-dione), so he might not be 100% honest about this.

16. Well...it seems to me that the 17b-hydroxy is more stable and as in a diol it is already there. Now, the 3b-hydroxy should tend to be more stable in the keto form since this would increase the conjegation of the system. I see his point, though, since there is also another stable resonance form (estradiol) that may have a similiar energy content.

Chemo

17. I can't even fake my way through this conversation...hehehe. Just let us know which one is better . gee wiz....

18. What about:

50% Aloe
    20% Isopropyl Alcohol
    10% Benzyl Alcohol
    10% Glycerol
    10% L-Menthol

I think the aloe will provide plenty of water. I'm not sure whether DMSO is a good addition or not? And l-menthol is preferable to limonene.

19. Also sounds like a good recipe...

How about this one:
    • 40% Aloe
    • 20% i-prop alcohol
    • 15% IPM
    • 10% Glycerol
    • 10% L-menthol
    • 5% DMSO
    • 1 gram Carbomer 934 / Triethanolamine

Chemo

20. BDC,

My reasoning for the iso+benzyl alcohols was the article posted by megadeth regarding trans-phase delivery systems. What benefits will the IPM provide? Moisturizer?

35% Aloe
    20% Isopropyl Alcohol
    10% Benzyl Alcohol
    10% IPM
    10% Glycerol
    10% L-Menthol
    5% DMSO

I think prehaps the next best step would be to source the ingrediants and some yhcl and try things out. A few things I'm wondering:

1. Will the aloe make it take too long to absorb / evaporate? I think ideally, it should be clear of the surface of the skin in 10 minutes tops. If the aloe is slowing things down too much, we could add more alcohol and lower the aloe.

2. Will DMSO get too much into the blood? It will be easy to tell the first time one tries this on himself

3. How strong is the scent from L-menthol?

21. I think the l-menthol is hard to get and expensive right. thta is why I suggested the derivitive d-limonene. Easy to get and cheap... Which is good for the homebrewer.... Also id benzyl alcohol easy and is it cheap. We should not even suggest things that are not easy to get and cheap.. Don't you think? I need to get some yohimbine first I have someone that will try it out.. Should I get it from 1fast????? Or chemo are you getting some soon? Let em know.. Talk to ya

22. The only thing I don't like about these brews is the DMSO. I won't be using it. I thought we were trying to keep the skin hydrated? Even at 5% my skin will get way too dry.

23. Originally posted by curt2go
    I think the l-menthol is hard to get and expensive right. thta is why I suggested the derivitive d-limonene. Easy to get and cheap... Which is good for the homebrewer.... Also id benzyl alcohol easy and is it cheap. We should not even suggest things that are not easy to get and cheap.. Don't you think? I need to get some yohimbine first I have someone that will try it out.. Should I get it from 1fast????? Or chemo are you getting some soon? Let em know.. Talk to ya
    Actually, the l-menthol is only slightly more expensive than the d-limonene. The BA is cheap as hell....

I'm looking for a source for the powder but no luck as of yet.

Chemo

24. Cool. Good thing you do your reserch!!hehehe. Talk to ya.

25. Where the hell did all the info go!There is a whole page lost and i made this thread sticky as well. What the hell?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk to ya
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Homebrew Yohimbine HCL Oral?
    By houseman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 06:47 AM
  2. curt2go's homebrew...here's the results
    By gadzid in forum Pics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 07:47 AM
  3. Absorbtion rate of homebrews?
    By Jorta in forum Anabolics