Transdermal Safety & Questions

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
sorry if this is noobish...i'm just curious, been fishing around here. can't sleep :(

So...since skin to skin contact can essentially give another person your supplement, is there a way to creat a "patch" for these transdermals? meaning, some kind of cover that will stick to your skin and not ruin/absorb the solution..

Also..how effective is a transdermal when/if you sweat? Specifically something like a napalm/clen mix, since you will likely be doing cardio, etc...wouldn't your sweat be rinsing away the clen/napalm solution? or what if you just sweat regularly? lol.

GXbcmFTO

Awards
Put it on after you workout and shower...seems to do the trick.

~GX

eisenhans

eisenhans

Awards
I've heard that covering the area with saran wrap insures absorption and minimizes ruboff transfer.

MitchKov

MitchKov

Awards
Alright, so understanding the risk to pass whatever you are using transdermally on, how great is this risk? Obviously I understand not bareback wrestling shortly after applying, but I'm just wondering how controllable transmitting some active compound is to a wife/kid.

Short of covering it with saran rap (just not really something I'd want to do for 4-8 weeks if trying something like this out), is it possible to negate or minimize the possibility the transmission of these things?

For reference let's say something like a transdermal AI, or one of PP's newer transdermal ph's.

For either, how safe would something like showering, applying, letting dry, going to work, coming home and just hanging out casually with a wife/kid(sitting on a couch together, them laying or sitting on you - with spots of application covered, Shirt, jeans/slacks) be?

Basically what I'm asking is how easy it is transfer these things, can you keep it completely controlled if careful, can you take precautions to minimize risks, or is it next to impossible?

Also, obviously you would need to take certain steps if it is possible. What are these and has/does anyone use them?

I figured there would be more info on this considering its the subject of a sticky in the subforum, but I couldnt seem to find much discussion/information on the subject.

In fact, I think the origination of this thread was something similar and it never really got much light shed on it.

Well, just let me know if you have any input, or if I'm just missing something in the search, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so understanding the risk to pass whatever you are using transdermally on, how great is this risk? Obviously I understand not bareback wrestling shortly after applying, but I'm just wondering how controllable transmitting some active compound is to a wife/kid.

Short of covering it with saran rap (just not really something I'd want to do for 4-8 weeks if trying something like this out), is it possible to negate or minimize the possibility the transmission of these things?

For reference let's say something like a transdermal AI, or one of PP's newer transdermal ph's.

For either, how safe would something like showering, applying, letting dry, going to work, coming home and just hanging out casually with a wife/kid(sitting on a couch together, them laying or sitting on you - with spots of application covered, Shirt, jeans/slacks) be?

Basically what I'm asking is how easy it is transfer these things, can you keep it completely controlled if careful, can you take precautions to minimize risks, or is it next to impossible?

Also, obviously you would need to take certain steps if it is possible. What are these and has/does anyone use them?

I figured there would be more info on this considering its the subject of a sticky in the subforum, but I couldnt seem to find much discussion/information on the subject.

In fact, I think the origination of this thread was the same and it never really got much light shed on it.

Well, just let me know if you have any input, or if I'm just missing something in the search, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
an hour after application there should be very little to no transfer.

MitchKov

MitchKov

Awards
Is there any documentation on this? It's actually a lot better news than I was expecting to hear.

So basically, if you were to apply, let it dry, and throw some clothes on you'd be good with casual contact after an hour or so? For safety, just do your own laundry?

What happened with those horror stories listed in the sticky? Just direct contact immediately after application? I think I remember it saying the people in the study did not know there was a risk of transfer.

Also, would a shower immediately before bed pretty much take care of remaining residue? Additionally, sweating (not profusely) in that bed after cleaning off would be safe?

Thanks for any additional help/info!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you speaking about hormonal solutions or topicals such as Napalm?

dalto

dalto

Awards
I use doctor prescribed AndroGel. Doc said to wait an hour before any skin to skin contact. Also once applied and dry, cover applied area with clothing and you'll be good to go.

I had the same concerns. Hope this helps.

MitchKov

MitchKov

Awards
Ya, thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for.

masterplans

Awards
i dont know about androgel or testim but i make my transdermal testgel myself
and i can tell you that after 1 minute everything is absorbed. Besides, bioavailability is so low (40 to 50% in my gel and less then 15% of other brands) that it will not be effective by just hugging each other... (excuse my english but its not my native language).

BTW androgel has got 5 mg/ml so very low doses.. mines is 100+ mg/ml and still i am not worried about transferring the stuff.

A7X13

Awards
i dont know about androgel or testim but i make my transdermal testgel myself
and i can tell you that after 1 minute everything is absorbed. Besides, bioavailability is so low (40 to 50% in my gel and less then 15% of other brands) that it will not be effective by just hugging each other... (excuse my english but its not my native language).

BTW androgel has got 5 mg/ml so very low doses.. mines is 100+ mg/ml and still i am not worried about transferring the stuff.
Could you share some info on how you make your testgel? I just got blood work done and for the first time added LH to the blood test, glad I did. my total test was 271.1ng/dL with is horrible since the range is 262.0-1593.0ng/dL...argh. My doctor said I will probably have to go on AndroGel but he wanted to wait 2 months and run another blood test before giving me a persciption. Any thing would be helpful at this point!!!

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
conserned on the sweating part its hot and do physical things all day is that going to reduce long term absorbtion or hinder results

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I have a bit of a dilemma and was wondering what you guys think. I had some already mixed Dermabolics carrier w/ 4AD laying around from the old days. It's an 8 oz. size w/ 12.5 grams of 4AD mixed in.

So, I finally got around to using it and noticed one of the containers seemed kind of sucked in. So I got curious and emptied it into a liquid measuring cup. it turns out it's now 3 oz, so a good 5 oz. has evaporated.

That much is clear to me but what I'm curious about now is what it means as far as dosage. I'm assuming if liquid evaporates, the powder remains in the rest of the mix, meaning I now have 12.5 grams in 3 oz. Maybe that's not correct, I'm not sure.

If I'm correct, then I wonder do I now spray like 3 squirts rather than 5 or am I now in a situation where my carrier is oversaturated and thus not effective. Any thoughts, advice? I realize I should have frozen or shrinkwrapped this, but I didn't expect to let it sit this mong.