consolidating my 4x a week routine to 3x because of work what do you think?

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
old:
m-chest/biceps
t-legs
th-shoulders/triceps
f-back

i have had lots of success. working biceps not on back day has given me great success. but have to basically put everything together into a 3x a week mwf because of work
m-chest/biceps
w-legs/shoulders
f-back/trcieps

here are the exercises they haven't changed from the old routine but i have had to put everything together because of time constraint, do you think my progress will suffer?

MON: Chest/Biceps
BB Bench 5x6
Incline Bench 4x8
Pec Flys 3x10

Cable Curls 1x10, 3x8
DB Curls 1x10, 3x8
---------------------------------------------------------
WED: Legs/ Shoulders
Military Press 5x6
Rear Raises 1x10, 2x8
DB Shrugs 1x12, 2x10

Squats 5x5
Lunges 3x10
Calf Raises 2x10
------------------------------------------------------
FRI: Back/Triceps
Deadlift 4x5
Pullups 3x8
Pulldown/Row 2x8
BB Rows 5x6

Dips 1x10, 3x8
Kickbacks 1x10, 2x8

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
i will give out massive reps, a full 10pts lol if you respond

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Here I go, get ready to rep me LOL.

3 days a week should get you results. You can also use a push/pull strategy. Do all pushing movements one training session and pulling movements the next sessions and rotate it that way.

I like my volume at 12-15 working sets and 3-4 exercises per muscle. Focus on Time Under Tension (TUT), it can help you have more quality workouts as well.

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
Here I go, get ready to rep me LOL.

3 days a week should get you results. You can also use a push/pull strategy. Do all pushing movements one training session and pulling movements the next sessions and rotate it that way.

I like my volume at 12-15 working sets and 3-4 exercises per muscle. Focus on Time Under Tension (TUT), it can help you have more quality workouts as well.
thanks man, i think i might the push pull thing later on, have been enjoying putting the biceps on a different day

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I do:

Cycle 1
Mon: Chest, delts
Wed: Back, tri's
Fri: Legs, bi's
Adequate rest (2-3 minutes between sets)
3 sets per exercise . 8-10 reps, 6-8 reps and 2-6 reps. Adding weight each set to obtain rep range.

Cycle 2
Mon: A. Chest, delt, back width, back thickness, tri's
Wed: B. Legs, bi's
Fri: A
Mon: B
Wed: A
Fri: B
Done with little rest (60 seconds between sets) and TUT (5-7 full second neg) Lighter weight to keep reps up with the added TUT.
3 sets each exercise. 8-10 reps, 6-8 reps and 2-6 reps. You can add weight each set but the lack of rest should keep you in rep range.

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
I do:

Cycle 1
Mon: Chest, delts
Wed: Back, tri's
Fri: Legs, bi's
Adequate rest (2-3 minutes between sets)
3 sets per exercise . 8-10 reps, 6-8 reps and 2-6 reps. Adding weight each set to obtain rep range.

Cycle 2
Mon: A. Chest, delt, back width, back thickness, tri's
Wed: B. Legs, bi's
Fri: A
Mon: B
Wed: A
Fri: B
Done with little rest (60 seconds between sets) and TUT (5-7 full second neg) Lighter weight to keep reps up with the added TUT.
3 sets each exercise. 8-10 reps, 6-8 reps and 2-6 reps. You can add weight each set but the lack of rest should keep you in rep range.
thats looks solid, thanks bpmartyr, i'll see how my new setup goes, i'll try out your suggestion when things go stale.

what do you think about my choices of exercises and sets?

thanks

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
thats looks solid, thanks bpmartyr, i'll see how my new setup goes, i'll try out your suggestion when things go stale.

what do you think about my choices of exercises and sets?

thanks
I think it looks good. Important thing is to change it up every now and again when you quit responding. :)

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
just a little update, so today i did legs and shoulders, and had enough time to finish however one thing occurred to me. i did cardio the day before, slow paced at about 30-40 min and today doing squats i had to force my last set. sitting now at home their killing me, i feel like having an advil. should i lower the weight on squats?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are still handing out them big 10 reps then i'll answer :) Nah, don't lower the weight. If you are still in the end getting as much time inbetween doing legs and doing them again, then after a week or two I think it will stabilize out

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
every other day equals 3x one week, 4x the next, 3x one week, 4x the next.

Would that work for ya?