Loading creatine a myth?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Well I know everyone creatine that i've encountered says to 'load' it, by taking 4-5 scoops a day, for x number of days, however I'm wondering is this just a gimic to make you buy more?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that it is pointless because your body will reach saturation with continuous use.

Lander

Lander

Awards
I think that it is pointless because your body will reach saturation with continuous use.
Agreed, If for some reason I go off creatine typically I will buy some cheap mono and load for a couple days with it. Usually only 15g to 25g for those couple days. I probably dont need to, and your body will just excrete whatever it doesnt use. I listened to the hype!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
15-25g????? damn man.... i load with 10g and dont take more then 7g on a reg daily basis.... you r puttin a heavy load on your kidneys with all that creatinine your excreting.... unless your like 270....

ptrain19

ptrain19

Awards
what do you guys think about the 25 g for 3 days and 3 days off cycling Ive been reading about on here...

some people are pretty sure about this method. they say strength gains keep coming instead of the plateau...

cassiusclay

Awards
loading is completely pointless and does not help.

give me 5 min to find this article i recently read and i will post it up here.

cassiusclay

Awards
wow i couldnt have been more wrong. i apologize for that.

what i had read was taking more scoops at once was pointless. youre body can only absorb 1g-1.5g of creatine every 2.5 hours. this has been proven be the study of dr. lynn myers and he knows his stuff.

this is the guy cnn went to for information on creatine. he recommends taking 4 doses a day to constantly keep it in your system. only on training days that is.

heres the link. http://www.nucare.com/howtotacrtom.html

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In the end, it all comes down to preference. Some people prefer to load and some don't. There's been some studies suggesting that loading will promote better strength gains (probably due to the higher amount of creatine coming into play). There's no solid proof that cycling is any better than using is constantly. There's still mixed conceptions about cycling though.

Like I said, it's up to you. If you can deal with downing more creatine than you really have to, by all means, go for it.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like I said, it's up to you. If you can deal with downing more creatine than you really have to, by all means, go for it.
not to be confrontational but thats honestly not the best plan up to a point... anything your body cannot use gets turned into creatinine a toxic byproduct and has to be filtered through your kidneys... you can do a good deal of damage if your over loading on creatine for extended perods of time.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People do what they want, regardless of whether it's harmful to them or not. What you're saying is absolutely true but like I said, if he can deal with it, let him knock himself out. :toofunny:

I see where you're coming from. Don't worry, I'm not a confrontational person anyway. Thanks for being respectful about your approach.