loading / maintaining creatine

Shavani

Awards
you hear so many stories on loading and maintaining the use of creatine, but what is the best way to use this supplement?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do not eat red meat (which contains higher levels of creatine), I weight-train 5 days a week and do cardio 3 days per week (so my creatine stores are already "low").......

While this is probably a barberic approach (lol) and I certainly encourage others to give their opinion; I've been running creatine FOR 8+ years as follows.....(K.I.S.S. principal)

Large Muscle Group Days (Legs, Chest, etc): 10 grams Creatine mixed with 20 Grams BCAAAs and EAA's in a 1 liter bottle......I drink begining 45 minutes prior, thru training and immediately after I make sure I get thru all of it.

Small Muscle Group Days (Bi's, Tri's): 5 grams Creatine mixed with 20 Grams BCAAAs and EAA's in a 1 liter bottle......I drink begining 45 minutes prior, thru training and immediately after I make sure I get thru all of it.

Including Cardio, I work out 6 days a week so I take one full day OFF from creatine and that's it.

I tried cycling OFF and was noticeably weaker so I vowed to never get off it it again LOL

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
I tke mine with either some soft drink or cordial something with sugar.

Creatine Mono 10 gms X 2 daily (maintenance dose) (loading dose 10gms X 3-4)

Creatine Ethyl Ester 10 gms X 1 daily(no load)

If the budget permits I throw in Citrulline Malate,Arginine (any form) and Beta Alanine.

Workout days - before workout
Non workout days - anytime during day

That's just how I go about it:sombrero:

Good Luck

BP

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Optimal Creatine Dosing Schedule.
So, now to wrap this article up…

The Optimal Creatine Dosing Schedule:

First 2 days of creatine supplementation - Load with 10g, 2 times a day (20g per day)

After the loading phase of 20 g daily for 2 days, maintenance should be 2 g per day, Any extra is simply urinated out.

Only repeat the loading phase if you discontinue use for more than 28 days.

Written by Justin Frank

10ringaz

Awards
There are different version of creatine. Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl, Kre Alkalyn, etc. Most will tell you to take twice the "normal" amount for the loading phase, about 10 days. After that, I like to take half the daily does before working out and then half after.

greekstallion

Awards
mate,kre-alkalyn all the way...2 caps pre and 2 caps post...no loading,no cycling...