AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While running a test only cycle, how often do you deload, if at all. I have various points of view on the topic. Since one would recover faster, I have seen posts saying it is not needed. On the other hand, I have read that would be the best time to deload since recovery is quicker.

For those of you that deload, do you stick to your normal deload or modify it? For example, a typical deload is weight and volume reduction, would you do the same on cycle or just reduce one of those aspects?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In for knowledge. My instinct says deloading pre cycle, not while on cycle or pct and then deloading a couple of weeks post pct is probably optimal but that’s just instinct.

If I were to deload on cycle I’d probably shorten the timescales just on the logic you shouldn’t need as long to get the same benefits......maybe 4 days instead of 7?

Interested to see what others say

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see what others have to say on this.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would not deload while on Cycle since you aren’t on Cycle for very long anyway. If you’re running compounds year round then that’s a different story

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While running a test only cycle, how often do you deload, if at all. I have various points of view on the topic. Since one would recover faster, I have seen posts saying it is not needed. On the other hand, I have read that would be the best time to deload since recovery is quicker.

For those of you that deload, do you stick to your normal deload or modify it? For example, a typical deload is weight and volume reduction, would you do the same on cycle or just reduce one of those aspects?
I agree with Layne N here; generally, unless a deload is built into your training program, dont deload until certain symptoms begin to manifest. Whether that occurs whilst on-cycle/blast (and the best strategy to deal with it) will be context dependant. I dont think there will be a good general rule of thumb that will best cover all scenarios.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with Layne N here; generally, unless a deload is built into your training program, dont deload until certain symptoms begin to manifest. Whether that occurs whilst on-cycle/blast (and the best strategy to deal with it) will be context dependant. I dont think there will be a good general rule of thumb that will best cover all scenarios.
Great post.
Nac what are some fo the symptoms he suggests to look for?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great post.
Nac what are some fo the symptoms he suggests to look for?
Physically, a reasonably consistent loss of strength (so not just a one-off bad benching session).

Mentally, loss of enthusiasm and effort.

These are pretty general, it takes experience and self-assessment to gauge just where to draw the line.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldnt esp if its a 6-8 week cycle, even a longer one. if you do you could always bump the dose down to trt doses on the deload

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntM1564 Training Forum 13
Post Cycle Therapy 3
mmorso Anabolics 3
Chrisehyoung Training Forum 5
AK4lyfe Anabolics 1