Is loading creatine necessary?

• yes loading is necessary

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • no loading is not necessary

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

classic27

Is loading 20 grams of creatine a day for a week really necessary?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nope not nessecary, when i did that i **** my brains out all of the 4th of july

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nope it's just a marketing gimmick and a good way to waste creatine and possibly give yourself a wonderful case of gas and stomach issues

BBR

BBR

Awards
Agreed, some marketing guy hit the bumper crop with this one. There is no such thing as a literal 'LOADING' phase in the sense you need to take stupid amounts. Yes, it does take time for you to hit 'saturation point' as it were, but you'll hit that at exactly the same time whether or not you ingest 5g/day or 20g/da

Last edited:

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
u don't need to. if u do you hit peak creatine levels faster but what's a couple of weeks to wait?

BBR

BBR

Awards
That is, of course, unless you're trying to hook up with the hot blonde sales rep, in which case, yes, you must creatine load and give her a reason to keep coming back for 're-ordering'.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I upped it up to 7g for about 4-5 days, then down to 5g's. Not really a big deal, but I do remember reading a study somewhere that 5-7g's i think is the optimum range for normal dosing. 20g's of mono sounds like something stupid i would have done 8 yrs ago in HS, using a big protein powder scoop, to throw a huge dose in my mouth and run to the water fountain, thank god i grew up.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
is that Keyra Agustina on your avi R-Mac? OMG :food: yummy heheee

oh yeah .... nobody seems to " load " anymore so guess not :p

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard at most 10g for 5 days then no more than 5 per day. Either way, CM gives me terrible gas