OK...very frustrated with my gaining?? stopped...

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Ok so every since Xmas like my previous thread i loss some mass and ya like half an inch to an inch in some places ...i kicked back up some partial inches on my arms legs just a little bit but im just not moving anymore but the thing is my strength is still increasing and i look like i'm getting bigger but the measurements say different and i've been stuck at 188 for a while and ya... so unless im loosing BF and gaining muscle at the same time i'm so lost :think:
i did lower weight to get stricter form down on my lifts and wonder if i should just try and raise the weight back up some??...i've posted my Workout routine but here it is again...the thing about my routine is i lowered the volume since before xmas...maybe add more volume or maybe i lost some intensity and not pushing it as far as i use too? i think i dont do as much forced reps as i use to and i'm gonna get back into that...idk it seems im eating a lot more frequently but keeping it healthy so im really at a loss and im real frustrated (i am starting AP/DCP monday though with Chaos and CEE caps)

Monday: Chest/Biceps
Tuesday: Quads/Hamstrings/Calves
Wed:Off
Thursday: Back Thickness/Back Width/
Friday: Shoulders/Triceps

Monday:

Chest DB Bench 2 sets 6-8 Failure Reps
Incline DB 2 sets 6-8 Failure Reps
Bench Flyes 2 sets 6-12 Reps Failure
Pullovers 2 sets 10-12 Reps Failure
Followed by Extreme Stretching

Biceps BB Curls 2 Sets 8-10 Failure Reps
Preacher 2 Sets 8-10 Failure Reps
Seated DB curls 2 sets 8-10 Failure Reps
Drop Concentrations Drop set Failure
Extreme Stretching

Tuesday:

Quads Squats 2 Sets 6-10 Failure Reps
Leg Presses 2 Sets 6-8 Failure Reps
Leg Ext 2 Sets 12-15 Failure Reps
Extreme Stretching

Hamstrings SLDL 2 Set Straight Failure
Leg Curl 2 Sets 8-12 Failure Reps
Extreme Stretching

Thursday:

Back Thick Dead Lifts 2 Sets Heavy Set (4-6) Light Set (8-10)
BB Rows 2 Sets 8-12 Failure Reps
T-Bar Rows 2 Sets 8-12 Failure Reps

Back Width Pullups 5 sets Failure Each set
Pulldowns 2 sets 8-12 Failure Reps
Lat Pulldowns 2 Sets 12-15 Failure Reps
Extreme Stretching

Friday:

Shoulders Rear BB Press 2 Sets 6-12 Failure Reps
Lateral Raises 2 Sets 6-10 Failure Reps
Bent Lat Raises 2 Sets 8-12 Failure Reps
Front Raises 2 Sets 8-10 Failure Reps
Extreme Stretching

Triceps Skull Crushers 2 Sets 6-8 Failure Reps
Reverse Grip Bench 2 Sets 6-12 Failure Reps
Pressdown 2 Sets 10-12 Reps Failure
Dips Widows 20 Reps
Extreme Stretching

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
What is your diet like. I kid you not when I say diet is 90% of the deal. To compare, training is pretty much special teams in football.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Diet

Morning
3 Eggs (2 white 1 whole)
Protein Shake
Bowl of Oatmeal

Snack:
Protein shake
Bagel w/ creamcheese

Lunch: (Varies im in highschool)
a lot of times its Qdoba or subway

PWO:
Weightgainer
then get home and eat a meal (w/e my mom makes)

around 9
any form of meat and sometimes veggies

beforebed
Cottage Cheese
Sometimes Protein shake

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Your diet looks like it could use some tuning up. I could never get away with eating some of that stuff on a regular basis but it looks like you could use some more protein. You’re bulking right? From the looks of it your probably getting around 200 grams of protein. That's an educated guess considering I don't know what subway sandwich your having and how much protein is in your weight gainer. But it doesn't look like it could be over that and if it is; it's not by much.

Do you have your calorie intake for the day measured out as well as how much is from fat, protein, and carbs? What is your body type? Are you doing any cardio? I really don't think your eating enough. Certain meals should be tuned up calorie wise. It seems you have two high calorie meals. One is the weight gainer and one is the subway. But yet again I have no idea what the nutritional breakdown is of your sub sandwich.

I would get rid of the protein shake in the morning, add other food sources for protein and up your carb intake for your first meal. I'm not sure if a bowl of oatmeal is 1 cup or not. Bowls come in many different shapes and sizes. I'd suggest you start measuring how much food you eat.

For your snack I'd suggest more protein than the 20g provided by your shake (I'm guessing, yet again I have no idea what protein complex your drinking and how much of everything is in it.) Try to aim for around 45 grams or so of protein per meal at the least. The bagel is probably fine but there are much better alternatives. Personally, I stay away from it.

I'd start bringing your lunch to school or at least figure out how much protein, fat, and carbs are in the meals you normally get so you can plan the rest of your diet accordingly.

I’m not all that clear whether your having the weight gainer with what your mom makes or if it is within the same hour or if it is 2 hours in between? I’d say eating whatever your mom makes would probably be fine post workout or pre-workout but not if it’s with the weight gainer within the same hour. Your just overloading on one meal instead of spreading out the calories through out the day. But then again it seems your having no problem with fat gain.

I am also unclear on the portions of meat and cottage cheese your are eating later in the day/before you go to sleep. That and the kind of protein you drink before going to bed. This is all information that would be very useful in helping you. So my suggestion is start measuring how much you take in. Just by doing this and figuring out how much protein, carbohydrates, fats, etc. you’re taking in can make a world of difference in changing your diet. As a result you won’t have to come on here anymore asking what to do next.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
ok

the oatmeal is 1 cup so about 2 servings

what else would u suggest in the morning?? for protein more eggs??? i can do that

um for a snack i use to use just regular ON 100% whey 1 scoop for the snack now i use just 2 scoops of cytogainer instead of 3 scoops i take post workout...

i either get subway club or the sweet onyion chicken teriaki

umm ive counted how much protein and cals and carbs i get in one day before last semester...im trying to get that strict again but ya i lost part of my motivation for a while with all the troubles the G/F gave me...

but it was about 3100 cals just using regular ON protein and not using a weight gainer...and ya i'd have to look at everything again

TheCSWFighter

Awards
ok

the oatmeal is 1 cup so about 2 servings

what else would u suggest in the morning?? for protein more eggs??? i can do that

um for a snack i use to use just regular ON 100% whey 1 scoop for the snack now i use just 2 scoops of cytogainer instead of 3 scoops i take post workout...

i either get subway club or the sweet onyion chicken teriaki

umm ive counted how much protein and cals and carbs i get in one day before last semester...im trying to get that strict again but ya i lost part of my motivation for a while with all the troubles the G/F gave me...

but it was about 3100 cals just using regular ON protein and not using a weight gainer...and ya i'd have to look at everything again

We all tend to stray away from our diet from time to time so that's no big deal. As long as your back to being focused.

For the morning I'd suggest more eggs. When I was bulking last time I was eating 2 cups of oatmeal, 6 egg whites and 1 whole egg, 4 oz turkey breast, as well as a few strips of turkey bacon.

Could you tell me what the nutritional profile is on cytogainer? I'm currently at work and alot of sites are blocked. As well as pulling the calorie information off of subway.com for the sandwich. I'm surprised the calories ended up being around 3100. From my guess I figured moreso around 2500 but then again I have no idea how many calories your getting from the wieght gainer and sandwich.

What's a typical meal that your mom makes? Is there an 8 oz portion of protien, 2 cups of a grain or pasta? A cup of vegetables? I'm not a big fan of wieght gainers personally. I prefer to just load up on alot of food. However I am a fan of a protien shake here and there when on the run. Try to add a glass or two of skim milk. Are you drinking any sodas or is it just water?

I'd try to clean up the diet a bit more, focus on low GI carbs, get some more protien sources in there in each meal that don't come from protien shakes, and maybe bump up your total calories by 300 and see what happens. If you get your final protien/carb intake along with fiber/saturated fat/unsaturated fat and list it I could be of better help.

TheCSWFighter

Awards
A very easy way to add calories (unsaturated fat) is to add a table spoon of olive oil to one of your protien shakes. However everything else must be in tune first. That also doesn't mean to add a tablespoon to every protien shake you drink. You must also find other ways to tweak your diet. Also instead of bagel with cream cheese you can have tuna on a toasted bagel with a slice of fat free cheese.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
the only thing about breakfast is time...well i was getting that many calories without the weight gainer before i dont know how much it has increased now...but ok...ya 1 sec

i only use 3 scoops...
Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 4 scoops (150 gm)
Servings per Container: approx. 18

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 580
Calories from Fat 45
Total Fat 5g 7%
Saturated Fat 2.5g 14%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 150mg 51%
Sodium 230mg 9%
Potassium 540mg 16%
Total Carbohydrate 79g 26%
Dietary Fiber 1g 2%
Sugars 6g
Protein 54g 108%
Vitamin A 33%
Vitamin C 33%
Vitamin D 33%
Vitamin E 33%
Thiamine 33%
Riboflavin 33%
Niacin 33%
Vitamin B6 33%
Folic Acid 33%
Vitamin B12 33%
Biotin 33%
Pantothenic Acid 33%
Calcium 33%
Iron 33%
Phosphorus 33%
Iodine 33%
Magnesium 33%
Zinc 33%
Copper 33%
Chromium 100mcg 83%

Official SUBWAY Restaurants' Nutrition Information

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Ok, I added up everything (keep in mind it's not exact due to me guessing the portions of meat, cottage cheese, cream cheese, etc. that your using.) Excluding the meal your mom makes for you there you have about 2170 cals.

2170 calories
239g protein 44%
236g carbohydrates 43%
30g fat 13%

So my reccomendations are increasing you carbohydrates another 40 grams, your protien another 20g and your fat 30g.

As a result (excluding the meal your mom makes) this is the breakdown

Calories: 2680
Protein: 259g 39%
Carbohydrates: 276g 41%
Fat: 60g 20%

This is also assuming the meals your mom makes for you are well balanced and are above 400 calories to equal your daily intake above 3000.

What you can do is add a tbsp of olive oil to your shake at night time as well as with your morning shake since the oatmeal shouldn't spike insulin. This will add around 24 g of fat(mostly unsaturated) and then the other 6g can be obtained through fish oil caps.

You can increase your protien intake by substituting tuna for cream cheese, mixing cream cheese and cottage cheese, adding another protein shake, as well as adding a few more egg whites to your morning meal.

You can add carbohydrates by eating 2 cups of oatmeal instead of one. I think your best bet is to add one more meal making it 7 meals a day excluding the post workout shake. You can add a sweet potatoe, brown rice, more oatmeal, a chicken breast, a protien shake with berries, or other carb sources blendid in. The choices are really unlimited.

As you gain mass, cardinal rule once you hit a plateau is to increase your diet by 300 cals and/or change your training routine. So try and write down your diet on paper and add things where you feel you need more calories or add a meal.

Try it out and if after a few weeks you don't notice much then add some more. Also keep in mind you can also alter rep schemes and ways of training with weights to have a positive impact on plateus.

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Also an easy addition is blending your shakes with skim milk and that tbsp of olive oil.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
thank you for all the tips but how did u only get 2.6k cals? when i did sit down a while back and counted all the cals i eat and i got above 3000??....i do get cheese/mayo on my sandwich at subway and my ON 100% shakes did have 120 cals per serving...so ya it should even be more than what i use to have? thats why i'm confused

+repped

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
thank you for all the tips but how did u only get 2.6k cals? when i did sit down a while back and counted all the cals i eat and i got above 3000??....i do get cheese/mayo on my sandwich at subway and my ON 100% shakes did have 120 cals per serving...so ya it should even be more than what i use to have? thats why i'm confused

+repped
Personally I would say eat 4k a day. Were young, take advantage, eat a crap load (quality crap load) and gain, gain, gain.

Also try 45carb/35protein/20fat (healthy fat) when bulking.

TheCSWFighter

Awards

+repped

I searched how many calories are on a typical bagel with cream cheese, I assumed you were eating a cup of cottage cheese, the sub sandwich said it was 370 cals so i took that. The ON I took into account. Looked at my own oatmeal and assumed you were eating regular oats. I assumed meat portions but assumed you were eating low cal vegetables with your one meal. I also
assumed that every protien shake unless specified otherwise was ON 100% and not wieght gainer. It all added up to around 2,200 not including one meal. You may have added other things or ate more portions than I calculated.

TheCSWFighter

Awards
It is a good idea to eat ALOT like spatch said as your young. However I wouldnt make the jump immediatly. Id bump up 300 cals every two to three weeks so your metabolism has time to adjust instead of trying to consume 1000 extra cals than the previous day.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
I searched how many calories are on a typical bagel with cream cheese, I assumed you were eating a cup of cottage cheese, the sub sandwich said it was 370 cals so i took that. The ON I took into account. Looked at my own oatmeal and assumed you were eating regular oats. I assumed meat portions but assumed you were eating low cal vegetables with your one meal. I also
assumed that every protien shake unless specified otherwise was ON 100% and not wieght gainer. It all added up to around 2,200 not including one meal. You may have added other things or ate more portions than I calculated.
well i eat a footlong...you might of only counted just 6 inches...but when i counted everything on the sweet onion teriaki it was about 1000 cals...including baked lays but all i drink is water

TheCSWFighter

Awards
well i eat a footlong...you might of only counted just 6 inches...but when i counted everything on the sweet onion teriaki it was about 1000 cals...including baked lays but all i drink is water

Yea that was the big difference. I assumed you ate a 6 inch sub and just a 6 inch sub. So that right there is an extra 630 cals. Which is the difference between my calculated 2600ish cals and your 3000+ cals. Either way, you obviously need to eat more so I'd still follow some of the recommendations I gave you

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Yea that was the big difference. I assumed you ate a 6 inch sub and just a 6 inch sub. So that right there is an extra 630 cals. Which is the difference between my calculated 2600ish cals and your 3000+ cals. Either way, you obviously need to eat more so I'd still follow some of the recommendations I gave you
o i will thank you for the help...

and the question on about if i eat again after i take my PWO weight gainer...i take the weight gainer when i get done lifting which is about 5...and then i'll prolly eat between 6-7