Overtraining?

Mason

Awards
I think I have been.
I do a fullbody workout 3 times a week - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Seated press
110 - 1x10
120 - 1x10
130 - 1x10

Incline press
110 - 1x10
120 - 1x10
130 - 1x10

Pec Dec
110 - 1x10
120 - 1x10
130 - 1x10

Lat Pulldowns
100 - 3x10

Seated Rows
100 - 4x10

Concentration curls
50 - 3x10

Heavy Dumbell Curls
35, 35 - 3x16

Tricep Extentions
30 - 3x10

Tricep Push downs
50 - 3x10

Sholder Shrugs
50 - 3x10

Up Right Row
50 - 3x10

Dips
3x10

Leg Press
420 - 3x50

Leg Extensions
90 - 3x10

Close Grip Pulldowns
100 - 3x10

Military Dumbell Press
25,25 3x24

Total - 650 reps.
I think I may be overtraining. I've been doing this for a long time so I don't get sore anymore.
I think I do a few more I left out, If I remember I will include them. This workout takes me 60 mins to 90 mins to complete with a 30 - 60 second break between sets.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Yeah, that is a crazy amount of volume to be repeating three times every week. What you should do is investigate the training styles sticking in the Exercise Science forum, and create a more structured routine that allows your body far more time to rest. Also, it would seem the core of your workouts are isolation movements. Instead of doing so many sets of isolation movements all on the same day, I want you to split your routine into three days, just for a period to see what works for you. Possibly Back/Bi, Chest/Tri/Shoulder, Legs. On each of those days, you are going to do the major-compound movement for each bodypart i.e., Deadlifts on Back/Bi day, Bench/Military on Chest/Shoulder/Tri day, Squats on Leg day. Next, pick your favourite exercise for the auxillary muscle on each given day, do three sets of that exercise for that muscle. Now, that is just a starting point, but working with the three core movements that are essential, hopefully you can craft something that is alot more effective then what you have been doing.

Mason

Awards
Yeah, that is a crazy amount of volume to be repeating three times every week. What you should do is investigate the training styles sticking in the Exercise Science forum, and create a more structured routine that allows your body far more time to rest. Also, it would seem the core of your workouts are isolation movements. Instead of doing so many sets of isolation movements all on the same day, I want you to split your routine into three days, just for a period to see what works for you. Possibly Back/Bi, Chest/Tri/Shoulder, Legs. On each of those days, you are going to do the major-compound movement for each bodypart i.e., Deadlifts on Back/Bi day, Bench/Military on Chest/Shoulder/Tri day, Squats on Leg day. Next, pick your favourite exercise for the auxillary muscle on each given day, do three sets of that exercise for that muscle. Now, that is just a starting point, but working with the three core movements that are essential, hopefully you can craft something that is alot more effective then what you have been doing.
Thanks, Will do. This is why I was looking to contact bobo about a program because he takes care of this doesn't he?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Thanks, Will do. This is why I was looking to contact bobo about a program because he takes care of this doesn't he?
Word. Bobo could take you from rags to riches so to speak, seeing that you followed his diet and training to a T. It might benefit you more to try something more basic and effective such as this, so once you do hook up with Bobo you will be better suited to let him know how your body reacts to certain things.

Mason

Awards
Back/Bi
Rows and Curls
Chest/Tri/Shoulder
Military Press and Seated Press
Legs
Leg Press and Squats?

Mason

Awards
Word. Bobo could take you from rags to riches so to speak, seeing that you followed his diet and training to a T. It might benefit you more to try something more basic and effective such as this, so once you do hook up with Bobo you will be better suited to let him know how your body reacts to certain things.
Yeah, thanks.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Back/Bi
Rows and Curls
Chest/Tri/Shoulder
Military Press and Seated Press
Legs
Leg Press and Squats?
This isn't what I do, but it would be something basic to get you started on the right path:

Mon-Back/Bi
Deadlift-2 Warmup's 3 Working Sets of 12.8.6
BB Rows/DB Rows-Same
Wide Grip/Hammer Curls-Same
(Here add some core work, or an additional exercise for Bi's)

Wed-Chest/Shoulder/Tri
Incline or Flat BB/DB-Same
Military BTN BB/DB-Same
Tri Extensions/Kickbacks-Same
Weighted Dips-1 x 10

Fri-Legs
Squats 2 x 10-12
Extensions-Same
GHR's-Same
Calf Raises 1 x 20

Just try a low volume routine like this for a month, see what happens. My routine is actually two workouts which I rotate, but I think it would be more beneficial for you to start off with something really basic, so you can get a firm grasp on all the core movements before putting more than one in each workout

Mason

Awards
This isn't what I do, but it would be something basic to get you started on the right path:

Mon-Back/Bi
Deadlift-2 Warmup's 3 Working Sets of 12.8.6
BB Rows/DB Rows-Same
Wide Grip/Hammer Curls-Same
(Here add some core work, or an additional exercise for Bi's)

Wed-Chest/Shoulder/Tri
Incline or Flat BB/DB-Same
Military BTN BB/DB-Same
Tri Extensions/Kickbacks-Same
Weighted Dips-1 x 10

Fri-Legs
Squats 2 x 10-12
Extensions-Same
GHR's-Same
Calf Raises 1 x 20

Just try a low volume routine like this for a month, see what happens. My routine is actually two workouts which I rotate, but I think it would be more beneficial for you to start off with something really basic, so you can get a firm grasp on all the core movements before putting more than one in each workout
Okay, thanks. I'll check this out and hopefully be able to start it soon. BTW - Bobo can't work with me for legal issues because I am 15. =( Looks like I gotta learn diet too! :p