Forearms!!

poppin13

Awards
Anyone know forearm exercises that increase size?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reverse Curls
Barbell wrist curls
Reverse barbell wrist curls
Zottman curls

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys actually do any direct forearm work?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I do, yet I can hardly ever put any size on them. I have very small joints.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i never do direct forearm work and at 15 inches they are a good amount bigger than many of my friends upper arms lol

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
i never do direct forearm work and at 15 inches they are a good amount bigger than many of my friends upper arms lol
Now all you need is an anchor tattoo, a pipe, and some spinach....ya popeye lookin sonofabitcch:trout:

nattheoriginal

Awards
i use a wrist roller every once in a while, get a really good pump from that

powerfiend

Awards
Do everything you can double over hand for grip like shrugs, deadlifts, etc.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work them every now and again but I get a lot of work on them indirectly using strong gripping while lifting.

I just used a measuring tape on my forearms and got a 13.25 reading then moved it out to 15 inches...Good ****ing lord that's a lot of forearm!

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My forearms measure 15.25 inches. Just checked. I do four sets of wrist curls and four sets of rev. wrist curls every week. I don't think you get good forearm work from deadlifts. Sorry. Grip work yes, forearm work no. I get a better pump on bench day. If you feel you get a good forearm workout by doing biceps and triceps good for you you are lucky.

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
I've never done specific forearms workout until two weeks ago that I noticed that my forearms look really thin when compared to my upper arms. I started working reverse barbell wrist curls and dumbbell wrist curls. So far, I am actually observing differences in size. I never thought that forearms could be so responsive being such a small muscle.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Aside from the forearm work i do in the shower before work? :run:

Try this to FRY your forearms. Get yourself a bar about 2ft long. Tie a peice of 'strong' string or wire round it, long enough to reach the floor when you hold the bar at shoulder level.

To the other end tie a plate (try 10kg to start).

Now simply hold the bar with an over hand grip and rotate it to wind the string up, lifting the plate. When you reach the top 'slowly' unwind to lower the plate back to the floor.

To make it more difficult use a longer string and stand on a bench.

Great finisher after an arm workout!

charliewat

Awards
I bought an Ivanko gripper, so I use it, and switch off between that and one of those wrist rollers with like 15 lbs. and work em after Curls or just when ever I think about it.

rocketscientist

Awards
Reverse Curls
Barbell wrist curls
Reverse barbell wrist curls
Zottman curls
Pulldowns/rows with a rope instead of a bar. Hits your forearms and your lats.

If you have one of these adjustable dumbell sets where you can take off and add plates, take off the plates and grab one end of the empty bar and either hold your forearm at 90 degrees (parallel to the ground) and turn your hand left to right, or let your arm hang at your side, inside of your hand facing your body, and move the bar up and down. There are different ways to do this, you'll just have to play around a bit.

And if the bar alone is too easy just add some weight on one side of the bar.

NiteHawk

Awards
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys actually do any direct forearm work?

I havent done direct forearm work in a LONG time. Luckily for me, I have pretty big forearms anyways. I feel I get enough stimulation from doing heavy compound movements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 45
agnos Injury / Rehab 16
APC80 Training Forum 16
Training Forum 1
Krampus Training Forum 7