Forearms

APC80

APC80

Awards
How do you develop your forearms? Mine are seriously lagging to the point I'm becoming a bit self conscious about them they look a bit ridiculous compared to my upper arms. Dont like wrist curls. Never particularly liked the feeling of them tho so what other exercises are there to isolate the forearm muscles? I'm probably asking this at the wrong time as I'm cutting lol

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have the same damn question. Mine have just gotten stronger from going heavier on deads and constantly throwing in pullups and just hanging to stretch my shoulder blades and back.

classyplastic

classyplastic

Awards
Hammer curls, reverse grip strait bar curls, those hand squeezy grip trainers.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Thanks I'll try the reverse grip curls and see if they help, I already do hammer curls. Worst thing is I have long arms which makes it look even worse.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Sledgehammer pronation and supination, towel pull-ups, coc grippers, thick bar deads, thick bar rows.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do a lot of curls. I have built forearms but a weak grip, go figure. Anyways load up a straight bar and do really heavy barbell curls normal grip. Become a curl bro forearms will grow.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Feel ya on this post,...I've been doing lots of wrist roller after arms and/or upper body training....I just find wrist training tedious, like you do man....It's a hard area to add mass to!

APC80

APC80

Awards
Feel ya on this post,...I've been doing lots of wrist roller after arms and/or upper body training....I just find wrist training tedious, like you do man....It's a hard area to add mass to!
I know mate something just doesn't feel right when I do wrist curls I think it's the short ROM plus yeah it's boring as hell.

slin

Awards
Fat gripz. And wrist rollers in cable machine. (Straight arms)

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Chinup, deadlift, hammer curl, reverse curl for sure.

Nreyes

Awards
Zottman curls, will make those forearms burn! And reverse curls and hammers

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Using gloves that create a larger grip may help especially when you curl.

Personally I find them working on many of my pulling exercises except when I move my thumb outside to cut out arms.

Anyway not to bash anyone but just like calves in many cases genetics play a deep role, I have friends who cant even pull up their own body once yet have popeye sixed forearms while I have skinny ones and long arms.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Im starting to think it is largely genetic there's probably only so much room for growth in your forearms the muscles are small just like calves as you say. I just have long forearms so makes them look smaller than they are. I'm just gonna have to work harder at them but I'm probably never gonna get them like Popeyes lol

Edit: you can see the problem in my avi

classyplastic

classyplastic

Awards
It took me 3 years to put an inch on my forearms. Just keep at it.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
We all have our weak points. When people point out your likeness to an orangutan it's not much fun either. When I started training my forearms measured 13.5 and upper arms 13.3. Now my upper arms are 15.5 and forearms 14.5 despite deliberately neglecting forearm work. I should have an 18" upper arm to match my forearms. There's a lot of work to be done!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can definitely tell you if you wear wrist straps or wraps to take them off as much as possible. When doing hammer curls squeeze the handle of the db as hard as you can while you contract your biceps and forearms.

Try fat grips, remember squeeze.

Pinwheel curls, similar to DB hammer curls but brought across the body, these are very effective for me. Squeeze and don't use momentum.

Reverse grip curls with cables and bars

One arm forearm curls on cables, with handle, make sure your hand/ wrist is curled back and flexed before you contract, it activates the forearm muscles.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you develop your forearms? Mine are seriously lagging to the point I'm becoming a bit self conscious about them they look a bit ridiculous compared to my upper arms. Dont like wrist curls. Never particularly liked the feeling of them tho so what other exercises are there to isolate the forearm muscles? I'm probably asking this at the wrong time as I'm cutting lol

Manual labor lol when I work construction my forearms grow like crazy. Seriously more so than any exercise with weight training. 8 hrs of Chipping hammers, shoveling, breaking concrete w a sledge. Best forearm workouts. I wake up w forearms swole up...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 45
agnos Injury / Rehab 16
Training Forum 1
Krampus Training Forum 7
Training Forum 1