Starting Bobos Muscle Building Program...

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    LOL...I'm missin' my junk food and today I've beenhaving an ass of a time eating my meals...

But, I'll tough it out.

wuss

This was me just a bit ago
    Gotta have some decent junk food now and then, unless under bobo's whip

:EDIT: I love the new smilies!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Not that I know of....I haven't given out much info, however....maybe that's why it seems like that???? Gotta keep the secrets....'secret'
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

There are certain things I don't want discussed in my forum.

Thanks.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Okay, weighed in today at the end of my workout.....drumroll please........239.5 hehe And! I'm still more vascular than normal. I'll check my waist when I get a few minutes in the morning. My school/work/life schedule just got a bit more hectic.

Now, I do want to clear on thing up. I usually weight in the same pants, etc, but tonight i had different heavier pants. So they may account for a pound or two. Either way, I'm up in weight....I'll just assume 238 to correct the mistake for my next weight in.

So, I'm definitely up some lbs....and uh...well....its only been a week
  5. dsl
    officially an adult
    Answers

hell, just go ahead and say you gained it all, and be sure to eat a lot for me, i'm still hungry...lol.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    hell, just go ahead and say you gained it all, and be sure to eat a lot for me, i'm still hungry...lol.
    LOL...I think I'm finally full...haha....

Now, my problem is...lack of sleep. Down at 1:30, up at 6:30....

I'd rather be conservative about it. Water, pants, etc....I'm not gonna get TOO excited thinking I gained that much weight. I could weigh in next week at the same weight and technically have gained a lb, ya know?

End result is waht I'm worried about mostly

Overall....1/8th through the program......A+...lol....defin itely kick-started the gains again with the diet!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Keep up the good, work i wiil be very interested in seeing how much lbm you gain, cuz if you become a beast Bobo will be gettin some of my money too. BTW i enjoy the fact that you speak your mind, are not afraid to back it by facts.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Thx...

I'm surprised, frankly. I was already up about 18-20lbs when I signed up with Bobo. This is actually the single largest gain in weight I've had. Now, I'm up about 24-26lbs. Again...its been one week where I've officially been on his program and half a week where I was trying to learn the program. Well...the log explains it

Speaking my mind isn't something I "consider", I just can't help myself...its an OCD that if I have "seen" a fact I "have" to speak up...LOL. It actually can be a problem at times

Probably not so surprising to him...I was eating like **** previously.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Well...my first week back at school coupled wtih the fact that every damn store in my city ran out of one of my grocery list items led to a few bad days of eating.

I was assuming 238ish for the difference in pant weight. I was also highly hydrated then, and the past few days I've not been. I've been rushing off to work and 3 days in a row I forgot my water bottle AND we had no water at work! i work 9hr shifts, too! BUT, despite all that, when I hopped on the scale today I was still either 236 or 237 (forgot??) ish Not to mention I was more vascular than i can EVER remember since I picked up a weight and my strength was still up a good deal.

I'm confident with a bit of hydration and getting my damn grocery stores stocked up I'll fast be at an all time high in weight But, i do believe the amount of kcals I'm getting (which are pretty damn high, IMHO) are actually close to low enough to cut of....so, I'm pretty much just confused as to what my body is doing right now....getting more vascular and defined at enough kcals to make most people fat...good stuff If the bulking program is doing this for me, i can't wait to use the cutting program....
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

I had a weigh in today because my diet was on and I stayed fairly hydrated so I figured it would be a more accurate representation of my weight in comparison to last week rather than Monday.... and I was 238 in light pants....light pants is key because the week before I had heavy pants on and I knew they skewed my weight by upwards of a couple pounds. Now I know a more exact weight.

My vascularity keeps improving, my waist is staying pretty stagnant and my weight is moving on up, so I'm happy
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

i just got home from the gym and while I was in there I went ahead stripped down a little in the empty spin room (well, just the shirt ) and I was very pleased...very pleased

Definitely looking bigger and more full, and I wasn't used to seeing pumped arms with veins running down both biceps...its nice! I'm sure I've lost at least a couple lbs of fat since I've been on this diet. Damn.....how bad was I eating before!? If I can get in 4-4.5kcals a day and lose bodyfat, WTF was I doing before!?

Anyway, i'm stoked...things are going well!

Actually, my g/f was just telling me the other day how good I was looking (and actually showing her friends and telling them I was going to come and strip for her friends belated bachelorette party--I wish (I've got a good g/f)--so, needless to say, my confidence is definitely up and I'm starting to get used to eating good foods as well as avoiding junk as often as possible. I'm not going to lie, I still binge...Hell, the other day I downed a box of gushers, had chinese food, in n out and I think that was the same day I had some twix ice cream bars...oh, and italian food from johnny carinos.... damn....that's a lot of junk...and that was on top of my normal meals....but, for the most part, just following this diet has got me feeling kick ass! My energy is up, my bodyfat is down, and my strength is up....so I'm happy.

Beware all junk-food-eaters, it will take some time to get used to this kind of diet, but once you start to adapt, its very much worth it!

bobo!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Small update:

Although I haven't been doing flat bb press for a while, I decided to give them a shot for a strength comparison. Before I started, i was getting 5-6 clean reps by myself and 2 more with a little assistance. yestarday, despite not touching the movement for quite a while, I got 8 clean reps with a "tiny" tap on 9. I could have got an easy assisted 10, but the kid spotting me wasn't someone I'd want to subject to a 315lb spot

Haven't weighed in in a while, but I decided to check my waist this morning. It was 37" dead flat on BOTH my love handles and my mid-abdomen. Which is probably 1/4" smaller in mid-abdomen and up to 1/2" lower on love handles. I've been eating some junk, too...so, when Bobo says lean bulk, he' ain't screwin' around
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Now that I think about it, when I get off of this cycle and the bloat goes away, my waist will probably have not grown a damn bit from the beginning This is a good feeling hehe
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Just did a few more measurements, and here is what I got:

Arms, about 17 7/8". I think they may be growing! (+1/8")
    Chest, 49" (maybe still swollen from yestarday?)(+1/2")
    Upper Quad: same 27"
    Lower Quad: 24 1/4" (+1/4)
    Calves: same 17"
    Forearms: 14 7/8" (+1/4-3/8" wow?)
    Waist: 37" mid-ab, 37" love handles (down 1/4" and 1/2" respectively)
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Very nice man...
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Final update:

Well, the last two weeks of my program were ****ty, but that had NOTHING to do with the program itself. I got sick, lost my appetite, and basically had a worthless last two weeks.

So, my conclusions of the program will include the first six weeks.
    - Start weight (day of program): 231 lbs
    - Start waist......................... : >37"

- End weight (sixth week)........: 239 lbs
    - End waist (sixth week)..........: 37" exactly (a net loss of 1/8-1/4")

And, at 5'10.5", 8lbs is plenty of volume The numbers speak for themselves...I'll be basing all of my future bulking diets around this one. From time to time I'll definitely be checking in with bobo so we reasses my current situation and adjust kcals from there.

Simply, the diet works, and it works well. And, honestly, i had those results while still giving in to my sweet tooth. Frequently. Albeit, a bit less than normal, but still had quite a few nights that ended in a box of ice cream bars (yes a whole box). LOL.

His workout program, I liked, too. Personally, i would change maybe 2-3 lifts TOTAL. So, not only did he design a program I was able to recover well from, but he also nailed most of the lifts.

A few of my "easy to grow" bodyparts (i.e. chest and shoulders) responded better to a few things that weren't included (and I'm sure he wouldn't mind changing them, I just wanted to give his program the entire 8 (or 6 rather) weeks), but that's no big deal. his program allowed me to make some gains on my "hard to grow" bodyparts. Arms and legs. So, all I have to do is make a few minor exercise substitutions and I've got a lifting routine I love.

I put about 1/4" on both, maybe close to 1/2" on the quads (mid-lower point, too!!!!!). Now, take this into consideration. I know a lot of people don't realize it, but 1/4" in leg size is MUCH greater gains in muscle that 1/4" in arms size. Volume to surface area ratio is exponentially different, so the greater the volume, the less the surface area increases per unit volume increase. That's why you see guys who start with 12" arms and 22" legs and end up with 22" arms and 28" legs. the volume to surface area ratio.

AND, this size gain was in 6 weeks with a net loss in bodyfat. And, honestly, i don't put on the inches like I did 2 years ago, so 1/4" is plenty impressive to me. MOST of my size gains over the past 4 months in arm and leg size came over these last 6 weeks. So, I'm happy with that. I will be keeping the arm and leg workout structure the same for the forseeable future

Hell, despite my getting sick and dropping a good 5+ lbs, I managed to maintain or even grow my arms..LOL. They're about 18" even now, cold and my lower-mid quad is about 24.25-24.5".
  17. Registered User
    Answers

kwyck, nice gains and an interesting read. Thanks for posting.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. rhunt000 Muscle Building Program
    By rhunt000 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 05:59 AM
  2. Deluxe Muscle Building Program
    By Kane22 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 05:28 PM
  3. Just ordered Bobo's Deluxe Muscle Building Program
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Training Forum