My overtraining problem...

norm dobson

Awards
So this is the situation... I love working out... But I also want to make gains as fast as I possibly can :( .. I workout usually 6-7 days a week but I think I'm hitting a plateau.... Due to not resting enough in between workouts ... But every-time I try to have a rest day I get depressed and just end up going to the gym... What should I do? And what routine would be best for keeping me in the gym as much as possible

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you have competing goals, bud. You're telling us you're training so frequently that you're not recovering, you recognize this is an issue, then you ask for a program that will keep you in the gym as frequently as possible. Step back, take a deep breath, you're not going to get to the finish line overnight. I understand being in the gym is cool, but so is making progress. Longevity and consistency are key.

Also, no one can recommend a program for you without knowing your goals and experience level.

(Waiting for the "you're not actually 'overtraining' comment.") Lol

norm dobson

Awards
I'm completely natural and iv built my foundation but I have this competitive edge about me I always go above and beyond ... And I also have adhd so the gym is sort of a calming zen for me... I guess -_- I even work 44 hours a week but still find the time to go everyday

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
You can train 6 or 7 days a week and not overtrain you have to figure out the amount of volume you can handle to be able to recover between each workout. If that is the style training that you would like to do.. When you say you have hit a plateau are you saying your lifts or your body weight or both? Have you reached a point where your fat loss has stalled? Be a little more specific about your goals.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Do some research on mountain dog training. I suggest buying the ebook if you like it enough, it's $15(or was when I got it) and he goes through every aspect of training in that book that you could have a question on. He writes out suggested templates if you want to work out 4, 5, 6 or 7 days a week. It's an outstanding program and many people have found their greatest bodybuilding success through it.

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
Well your goals are a little counter productive you can do both at the same time it's just really difficult.. I would suggest either focusing on bulking or cutting depending on what you want to do. If your body weight has stalled out and you are trying to bulk its most likely due to not enough calories and/or protein. And if you are trying to cut or "ripp out" as you said before, then you should try to put your body in a slight caloric defecit. If your fat loss stalls you likely need to drop a little bit more calories to continue the fat loss or add in some cardio and burn some calories. If the issue is strength that is a little more complicated and could either be from your training or your diet. Or maybe you aren't being patient enough. You haven't really described your plateau yet either can you not gain more weight strength stalled on your lifts or fat loss stalled?