Which type of squat do you do more weight with? Box squat or regular back squat?

Austinstarkey

Awards
I was wondering if anyone else can box squat more than regular squat? Both being the same depth(parallel), because today I box squatted(touch and explode method) 405 for set of six and 455 for a set of three. But my normal squat my 1rm is 405 so I was curious if anyone box squats more? Thanks for your time.

PostalMuscle

PostalMuscle

Awards
Box squat has always been my high. My highest back squat was 485x1 my best box squat was 455+42.5lbs chains for 3.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Box squat by a long shot. I think it depends on if you have stronger hips/glutes or quads.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely box squat. My best 1rm squat was 445 and my highest box squat was well over 500. It didn't used to be that way though, when I first started box squatting it was super hard since I wasn't used to going below parallel and stopping, I was used to going below parallel and using the bottom portion to slingshot me up. Box squatting is so different.

jaces

jaces

Awards
for me its almost the same... the difference comes in with feet width and if its high bar, low bar or wat sort of plates ive loaded

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is prolly gonna come down to whatever squat you train in most