Re-Start

W13NY

Awards
So, I started my job out of college about 4 months ago. I never worked full time so I always had plenty of time to lift 5-6 days a week. Obviously, I still have time to lift theres no excuses but I have lacked the motivation ever since starting to work full time. I tend to always want to put the gym off because I tell myself im tired and just need to relax a bit. Then later comes and I haven't been going. The point of this thread is to see what motivation you all use to get yourself to the gym 4-5 times a week even if your tired?

Basically I am restarting my training. Should I gradually work back into it or jump right back going all out (for example go right back to lifting 5 days a week, 2-3 shakes a day plus 3-4 meals a day)?

I am not a beginner. I started as a skinny 16-17 year old around 130lbs and worked up to 202lbs. Since stopping being consistent 4 months ago I dropped down to about 187lbs.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get back into the swing of things? Im sure someone has been in the same spot im in now

Thanks for any insight

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like being fit and healthy more than the opposite and if I miss the gym too much I start to feel sluggish and soft and out of shape.

I don't 'feel' like going probably 1/2 the time. I get up at 4:30am and get to the office at 6am, and I don't get to the gym often until 4-5pm. so I maintain a strict nutritional plan throughout the day to keep my blood sugar stable, and i hydrate all day and I force myself to get changed and walk into the gym because I know once I get there my attitude will change and I'll be ready to do work.

even if all I want to do right now is lay on the couch and fall asleep.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
I work full time and its physical work. I still get in the gym 6 days a week to lift and do cardio. There was one time where I somewhat slowed down for about a month or 2 and I've never felt worse. Like the guy above me said, it's better to suck it up and get in shape.

I found what helped me the most was cleaning up my eating (even more than it was). Using a good preworkout is beneficial for me too, to get that extra boost

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I found what helped me the most was cleaning up my eating (even more than it was). Using a good preworkout is beneficial for me too, to get that extra boost
for me, nutrition and sleep are the biggies to gym energy.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
for me, nutrition and sleep are the biggies to gym energy.
Agreed! It's the little things that make all the difference. It's elementary but people make it difficult