Infraspinatus/Teres Minor Sore right after Overhead Press

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hey all-

Can't quite figure this one out. Only in my right shoulder, about 5-10 minutes after finishing overhead barball press, the anterior of my right shoulder, the Infraspinatus/Teres Minor, becomes sore, and seems to be more sore to the touch as they become closer to the humerus. I have been trying to foam roll and lacross ball the area after working out as well as icing. I've also started to focus on lengthening the lats and thoracic spine in hope of loosening it up - only began this recently so haven't really noticed any effects.

I doubt my overhead press form is perfect, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can offer any insight on what I should focus on to remedy the issue. To be clear, my shoulder does not hurt while performing the motion, nor can I replicate ANY acute pain afterward, (rotator exercises, abduction, rotation etc). I also cannot recall having this issue with any other exercises (bench, db bench, db press, flies, etc). I have just recently added the overhead press (which is why I think it may have to do with mobility).

Any insight? Thanks.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
Rugger, since December ive been dealing with AC joint pain. Just recently I started to feel a lot better and don't wanna jynx myself but I am going to tell you exactly what ive done. Band pull aparts are great. I use tiger balm before working out, ice 3 times a day, I-force joint help, any supplement with msm, e-pharm joint spray, blue-emu oil, and these dissolvable pills called boiron arnicare tablets. I know it seems like a lot but man the difference is noticeable. Best of luck