home gym exersices (new guy)

nightmare1234

Awards
hi everyone i am new guy here and i would like to hear your opinion about something
i just bought my whole home gym what include :
bench, power rack , dips,push up,height/low pulley, w barbbell , olympic barbbell, sets of weight and dumbbells, and leg extension /curl attachment to the bench
so my question is if i can get big legs as good as i could in the commercial gym because no equipment as hack squat leg press and my curl/extension attachment arent full ROM becuase there is no cable only plates what mean i have no full rom
will happy to hear your opinion i really want to take the bodybuilding seriously and dont want to get my legs behaind .
sorry for the bad egnlish and ty for attention .

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Use the bar and do squats and dead lifts.. Those two exercises will build you some nice wheels along with a strong back and core.

nightmare1234

Awards
build as good as if i would do leg extesnion curl leg press etc ?

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Leg ext and leg curls are good as assistance work after squats and deads. The most productive lifts for big strong legs are squats and deads and the various types of the two..

nightmare1234

Awards
i just would like to know if i can get the result i could in commercial gym or at least almost same = yes/no

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Results depend on what you are going to actually do.. You have options. A lot can be done with just a barbell and power rack.. Look up a routine like 5x5 stronglifts or madcow 5x5 both proven strength and muscle builders for beginners.

WormyJackal

WormyJackal

Awards
Ya like Capo said. Do squats and deadlifts for size. Those extensions and curls are good, but if you think your going to get big legs from those two exercises....try agian

nightmare1234

Awards
never

i will never go back to strengh programs i have done madcow and ss got no muscle at all and now i am working with more reps more isolate and more exersices and get alot more muscle by alot !!,
so if i am doing normally program for bodybuilder just without leg extension curl will the result will get the same as if i has leg extension/curl ? = yes/ no?

nightmare1234

Awards
what about

what about the leg extesnion /curl attachment to bench

this what i have in my home gym

is it effective enough for getting the result from these exersices?
(if u dont know what it is u can see in google write: leg curl attachment )

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
forget leg ext.....invest in a squat rack

nightmare1234

Awards
do u have example maybe of ppl with big legs who dont leg extension curl ? just do kind of squed deaedlift SLD etc .....>
lol it is stupid to ask it but i will really feel good after :D
if u can i will be grantfull

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
do u have example maybe of ppl with big legs who dont leg extension curl ? just do kind of squed deaedlift SLD etc .....>
lol it is stupid to ask it but i will really feel good after :D
if u can i will be grantfull
As many people had said, yes you can get big legs without leg extensions and leg curls. If fact if that is all you do you wont get very big legs at all.

If you want examples look at Olympic lifters, strongmen, and powerlifters. The bulk of their programs are squats and dead lifts with nearly no isolation movements and many are larger than bodybuilders.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty man

1.so do u have reason why very succecful bodybuilder like greena kai and others do alot of isolate for legs ?
2. are u sure powerlifter dont do leg extension/curl etc ?? really?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
1.so do u have reason why very succecful bodybuilder like greena kai and others do alot of isolate for legs ?
2. are u sure powerlifter dont do leg extension/curl etc ?? really?
Maybe because they are sponsored pro body builders who need mass plus definition. Leg extensions may shape and provide some definition but not a masd builder

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe because they are sponsored pro body builders who need mass plus definition. Leg extensions may shape and provide some definition but not a masd builder
Squats and rdls added huge amounts of mass to my legs. Adding iso work is for shaping the muscle. Hence why you do them at higher reps 10-15 for me.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty very much just dont understand something, i thought u cant shape the muscle becuase it is genetic u can just make it bigger or u can to rid of fat

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i thought u cant shape the muscle becuase it is genetic u can just make it bigger
You can't really change the shape or the exertion points, but you can overdevelop one area and under develop the other which can give you certain appearances and of course imbalances.

I agree with the squat and dead school of thought, since that way, the body get developed in a chain of muscles way and nothing big gets neglected as far as ties ins and stabilizers. That is the situation I see by training the body in "parts" or muscles, instead of compound exercises. I also think weight bearing exercises using the entire skeletal structure, ie: the compound stuff, has a better carryover to strength, mass, balance and even looks.
IMO, use the iso stuff as assistance or polish if you feel the need.

nightmare1234

Awards
You can't really change the shape or the exertion points, but you can overdevelop one area and under develop the other which can give you certain appearances and of course imbalances.

I agree with the squat and dead school of thought, since that way, the body get developed in a chain of muscles way and nothing big gets neglected as far as ties ins and stabilizers. That is the situation I see by training the body in "parts" or muscles, instead of compound exercises. I also think weight bearing exercises using the entire skeletal structure, ie: the compound stuff, has a better carryover to strength, mass, balance and even looks.
IMO, use the iso stuff as assistance or polish if you feel the need.
ty very much man i am not sure but i think i understand u (bad english)
u say i can develop as big as i could with leg extension/curl but i will not be able to make conspicuous some parts in the quad/ hamstring, i will have to base oneself on my genetic right ?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
What PaulBlack is saying (and I agree with) is to focus on the big compound movements like squats and deads.

You can't change the shape of muscles--that is genetically determined. Isolation exercises like extensions and curls can accentuate parts of muscles, but ARE NOT NECESSARY (you have heard this now from multiple posters).

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's make this as clear as humanly possible:

Here's the deal: No leg extension, no curl, best legs you ever had. Destroy your leg extension and leg curl attachment and thank us later.

Like said earlier, the best legs in the world that don't involve insulin are weightlifters' legs, both in size and definition. Those guys hinge and squat, that's it.

Your legs WILL NOT SHRINK if you don't do extensions and curls. Your legs WILL NOT LOSE SHAPE if you don't do extensions and curls. Fact.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
What's this leg extension you speak of?
Insert an extension between the hip and knee..I browse the morgue frequently for proper extensions

nightmare1234

Awards
Let's make this as clear as humanly possible:

Here's the deal: No leg extension, no curl, best legs you ever had. Destroy your leg extension and leg curl attachment and thank us later.

Like said earlier, the best legs in the world that don't involve insulin are weightlifters' legs, both in size and definition. Those guys hinge and squat, that's it.

Your legs WILL NOT SHRINK if you don't do extensions and curls. Your legs WILL NOT LOSE SHAPE if you don't do extensions and curls. Fact.
:) now i got it ty very much