Tips on how to cut

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

    Truth. Calories in versus calories out.
    Lies.


  2. Man, I am sitting in the bleachers watching this one. Someone may get hurt.......

    :-0
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

    Lies.
    To an extent it's truth... That IS how you cut.... Not the smartest mindset to use though.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Lies.
    I agree. When managing macros, fat loss can be far more complicated than that.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  5. Ok... your problem.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Iron View Post
    Getting Lean: More Reps, Less Weight

    Here’s the other side of what Schenk was getting at earlier. He still recommends doing all the same fundamental exercises (squats, lunges, pulling/pushing exercises), but with the opposite spin. “Aim for a higher rep count with lighter weights, maybe 15 or so, with decreased rest time,” Schenk says. The more active and constant your workout regimen is, the better chance you have of achieving a body with a lot of lean muscle. In general, try to keep activity levels high during your workouts, without much rest time in between exercises. Of course, leaning your regimen more toward cardio than heavy weight training is also something you’ll want to do.
    I did this, and I accidentally all my muscle.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I did this, and I accidentally all my muscle.
    ...?
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Iron View Post
    Good Nutrtition+Good Training+Cardio+Recovery= Beast

    1.Good Nutrition
    Look for Carb Cycling use it and if u don't happy with results after CarbCycling try Keto diet and u will see results.

    2.Good Training
    Light Weight>More Sets>More Reps Slit or Whole Body training.

    3.Cardio
    Do after weight training on Treadmil or Eliptical Machines, don't do on statick Bike!
    When u don't training better go out and run or go in gym and do what i said before.

    4.Recovery
    Sleep alot *night sleeping*


    *Suplements*
    If u want u can use Whey protein and something that can boost ur Energy, maybe fat burner.

    This is what i can said and soon I will use this same thing i've said to you. Wish you good luck and cut yourself like beast and F*CK all GIRLS
    i disagree with almost everything u have mentioned

  9. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i disagree with almost everything u have mentioned
    I think most of us do.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JDog479 View Post

    No.

    You get shredded by diet and quality muscle mass. You maintain muscle mass through lifting heavy.

    That simple.
    I agree 100% I usually do a 5x5 themed upper lower split that goes 6 days a week (low volume)
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

    I think most of us do.
    He's right about the sleep...
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html

  12. Google this ****, if you really wanted to know you would have found a way to cut. If it doesn't work try something else you find on google, everyone's different.. Don't rely on other people to do it for you.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    He's right about the sleep...
    True. Sleep is glorious.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    Google this ****, if you really wanted to know you would have found a way to cut. If it doesn't work try something else you find on google, everyone's different.. Don't rely on other people to do it for you.
    everyones different? are we not all homo sapiens? do we not all have the same anatomy and therefore the same physiology?

    how are we all different? how are the mechanisms different for everyone?

    why is that doctors, who have to have a large in depth understanding of anatomy and physiology, only study one anatomy if we are all different? why do they only study one physiology if we are all different?

    to be different, couldnt one say that we are all different. in that we have different anatomy and different physiology. if we are different there different species of humans? or does it go further up the chain, like genus or family.

    and what is wrong about asking a question? why reinvent the wheel. why not learn from other have done, kind of like what happened when you went to school. you did go to school right?
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  15. im from middle earth, so..........

  16. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    im from middle earth, so..........
    lol. rock on.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

    Lies.


    Wrong. Re read this entire thread. It'll do you some good.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

    I agree. When managing macros, fat loss can be far more complicated than that.

    Nope. Law of thermo dynamics which has been explained in this thread by someone a lot smarter than myself.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Nope. Law of thermo dynamics which has been explained in this thread by someone a lot smarter than myself.

    the law of thermodynamics is a theory, it is not a fact. as a fact, it has to be 100% accurate and science has shown that it is not. therefore, not a fact.

    a theory is:

    1. A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    2. A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based: "a theory of education"; "music theory".
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

    everyones different? are we not all homo sapiens? do we not all have the same anatomy and therefore the same physiology?

    how are we all different? how are the mechanisms different for everyone?

    why is that doctors, who have to have a large in depth understanding of anatomy and physiology, only study one anatomy if we are all different? why do they only study one physiology if we are all different?

    to be different, couldnt one say that we are all different. in that we have different anatomy and different physiology. if we are different there different species of humans? or does it go further up the chain, like genus or family.

    and what is wrong about asking a question? why reinvent the wheel. why not learn from other have done, kind of like what happened when you went to school. you did go to school right?
    If I'm an endomorph and he's a mesomorph then yes we're different smartass.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Nope. Law of thermo dynamics which has been explained in this thread by someone a lot smarter than myself.
    Here's the thing, though-its more complicated because of variables dependent upon an individual's goals.

    For straight weight loss with no regard for other performance, that's fine.

    What about a recomp? What if I want to ADD muscle while losing fat? Are we talking straight weight loss or fat loss? That, IMO, is the caveat to all of this.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post

    If I'm an endomorph and he's a mesomorph then yes we're different smartass.
    So biologically, how are you different? What is the species and family name of those groups?
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

    So biologically, how are you different? What is the species and family name of those groups?
    The fact that your avatar is of a gorilla that's how.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

    Here's the thing, though-its more complicated because of variables dependent upon an individual's goals.

    For straight weight loss with no regard for other performance, that's fine.

    What about a recomp? What if I want to ADD muscle while losing fat? Are we talking straight weight loss or fat loss? That, IMO, is the caveat to all of this.

    I agree 100% and I understand there are a lot of variables but what I was simply saying is that if a person wants to lose weight they need to expend more than they consume. Simple as that. It's not more difficult than that, it's just not, no matter how many people try to talk about carbs, or fat, or any other macro nutrient.

    Now in regards to a recomp, or Pre-contest, or some of the other examples you said you are correct. There's more than one way to skin a cat I was just using the KISS theory.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

    Truth. Calories in versus calories out.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

    Wrong. Re read this entire thread. It'll do you some good.
    OK guy, eat 2500 or whatever your calories are but all from candy and soda only. Then tell me about calories in & out.
    You're an idiot.
    Edit. Or you could even indulge in your beloved wheat bread or whatever. No matter.

  26. Here are some thoughts while trying to keep it simple.

    One of the jobs of insulin is to transport excessive blood sugar into adipose tissue. while this mechanism is working you cannot pullout energy from adipose tissue, meaning its a one way street. This, imo is the big reasoning of low carb enthusiasts. Seeing as how carbs, especially refined sugars, increase blood sugar the fastest.

    Here is where there can be a potential flaw in the calories on vs calories out theory, or the law of thermal dynamics. Blood sugar has to stay in a very tight range or bad things happen. Simply, nearly every time you eat you are going to increase blood sugar to a point that insulin is increased. If you are eating every few hours you are constantly causing high levels of insulin, therefore preventing the usage of adipose tissue as fuel. This is nearly irrelevant of energy expenditure. So you are storing much more than you expend. This imo is the reason why toouxh cardio can eat away at muscle and make you skinny fat.

    So yes. Cal in vs cal out makes sense on a week to week scale and even over a few days but falls apart as you shorten the time frame.

    I also believe this is the part of the mechanism behind why intermittent fasting works as well as carb cycling, carb back loading, etc.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  27. I don't disagree with carb cycling, back loading, keto, IF, or anything really that works to help someone get to their goals.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    I have posted even just recently in other threads and in the pubmed research on the first page, that this is not entirely correct. It sounds good on paper but it doesn't transfer over.
    The law of thermodynamics plays the biggest role in weight loss and whilst it may not apply directly to open and closed systems, it still holds relevant weighting. Consider this study (from previous page) Relatively high-protein or 'low-carb' energy-r... [Physiol Behav. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI : if found that low carb or normal carb and high carb diets yielded the same fat loss results. If you had a high fat intake which met the demands of the body, then you will not lose weight. To lose weight implies a calorie deficit and to gain implies a calorie excess. The macronutrient compostition plays only a minor role in this regard.
    You can see this by the conflicting evidence that low-carb diets are any more effective WRT weight loss than high-carb (again I have more studies) but the health implications are determinable.

    Insulins primary is to remove excess carbohydrate into storage or to be metabolized. Carbohydrate balance infers that the body utilises glucose almost as rapidly as it receives it and only ever stores it as fat in times of abundance.


    Ill repost this just in case it wasn't read previously.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

    OK guy, eat 2500 or whatever your calories are but all from candy and soda only. Then tell me about calories in & out.
    You're an idiot.
    Edit. Or you could even indulge in your beloved wheat bread or whatever. No matter.


    I don't respond to anyone under 5'10especially ones without common sense and feel the need to call someone an idiot on the Internet. Lol.

    By the way people have lost weight wasting crap junk food. ie; the woman who lost weight on the Taco Bell diet. Yeah she lost weight eating nothing but Taco Bell. Do you know how? Because she took in less than she expended.

    I'm looking forward to your response and anything else you can try to personally attack me on without knowing me.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

    I don't respond to anyone under 5'10especially ones without common sense and feel the need to call someone an idiot on the Internet. Lol.

    By the way people have lost weight wasting crap junk food. ie; the woman who lost weight on the Taco Bell diet. Yeah she lost weight eating nothing but Taco Bell. Do you know how? Because she took in less than she expended.

    I'm looking forward to your response and anything else you can try to personally attack me on without knowing me.
    Your talking about personal attacks but in your first sentence of this post you call him out on being 5'10"...lol come on man. Who the fu*k cares how tall someone is, there are a lot of people shorter than me that I guarentee could beat the living piss out of both of us at the same time. At the end of the day, don't eat **** food, eat less than you take in for optimal body composition (fat loss wise). Lots of people have had success for just weight loss with both methods, some do cardio, some don't. We are all human, but there is no cookie cutter approach for every individual. It often comes down to what your are genetically given or not imo. Some have to work a lot harder than others.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any tips on how to quit Coffee/Caffeine?
    By Elit3 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
  2. Tips on how to eat more
    By newman897 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM
  3. Top 10 Tips on How to Be the Best Dad
    By yeahright in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 05:43 PM
  4. Any tips on how to develop a smaller waiste?
    By Got2bbig in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 09:22 AM
  5. need some tips on how to lose the belly fat...
    By cobain67 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Log in
Log in