Any tips or advice on current cutting diet?

Smiler

Smiler

Awards
Meal 1
50g Porridge Oats with Alpro Coconut & Almond Milk
Gold Standard Casein Protein shake

Meal 2
150g Chicken Breast/250g Turkey Mince/ 250g Lean Beef Mince
(One of the above)
100g Sweet Potato
80g Spring Greens

Meal 3
Same as meal 2

Meal 4
3 egg omelette
1 Banana

Meal 5
3 egg omelette

Meal 6
Same as meal 1

Snack
Handful of walnuts

I like to keep things very basic and easy to prep. I also don't mind the repititive eating.

Any advice and help to cut will be appreciated!

Smiler

Smiler

Awards
Apologies stats are as below:

Weight: 84kg
Height: 5ft 7

Body Fat %
Chest: 5.2
Abdomen: 22.2
Thigh: 11.4
Triceps: 7.4
Subscapular: 14.2
Suparilic: 11.8
Midaxillary: 10.6
OVERALL: 11.15

Thanks,
Smiler :D

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
What us your calories at around 2500-2800 I would prolly cut calories by about 500 personally and look into keto

runtyemonster

Awards
What us your calories at around 2500-2800 I would prolly cut calories by about 500 personally and look into keto
This. I personally found that High fat/low carb is the easiest way to cut.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keto diet, in my opinion, is the best way to shed the weight. Cutting out the carbs will definitely make you drop lbs.

Smiler

Smiler

Awards
What kind of foods and meals makes up a Keto diet, can you give me an example of a good Keto diet please?

Smiler

Smiler

Awards
Just worked out my current macros on the diet given.

Calories: 1905
Fat: 51.6g
Sat Fat: 18.3g
Protein: 191.5g
Carbs: 153g
Sugar: 37.8g
Salt: 3.88g

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I'll usually keep my carbs at 50 or less and try to consume them around my training

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Keto imo messes with performance too much unless you are only going for looks and not training for sport.

Hell if you are only doing for looks you could go hard and use PSMF to drop faster than keto

Smiler

Smiler

Awards
Keto imo messes with performance too much unless you are only going for looks and not training for sport.

Hell if you are only doing for looks you could go hard and use PSMF to drop faster than keto
What's PSMF? Sorry I'm a noob!

APC80

APC80

Awards
If you go on a keto diet have fun feeling like **** then putting all the water weight back on when you introduce carbs back into your diet. Mod carbs, mod fat high protein will make you feel a hell of a lot better especially in the gym. The carbs will fuel your cardio which will allow you to burn more cals. Your diet plan looks fine btw

runtyemonster

Awards

I disagree. I trained keto into my last powerlifting meet and I was good.

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
What's PSMF? Sorry I'm a noob!
PSMF stands for Protein Sparing Modified Fast. Basically, cut calories extremely low... Nutrition comes from protein-rich low fat foods like chicken breast or fish, vitamin and mineral supplementation, and fluids.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. I trained keto into my last powerlifting meet and I was good.
Well I'm not looking to argue, but if it works for you kudos. Keto could be used effectively in sport but proper carbs ups around event and electrolyte supplementation would need to be put in place.

And that wouldn't be strict keto, more like carb cycling or a variation. I have done keto while powerlifting but I recover better with carbs as many people do and restricting carbs can be annoying