Do you guys think a 160 lb Dumbbell Curl is impressive?

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I see Notifications that Paul has quoted me, have seen them for a while yet I can't see the messages...

    Mr. Triathlon teacher does know I have him on ignore right?
    Why is this guy so arrogant? Does he have an inferiority complex?
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over




  2. Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post

    Why is this guy so arrogant? Does he have an inferiority complex?
    He's jealous.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       


  3. I need cliffs here lol so will 21s bring up my bench up 50lbs like I read on bb.com? :P
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    I need cliffs here lol so will 21s bring up my bench up 50lbs like I read on bb.com? :P
    depends, wide or narrow grip!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    I need cliffs here lol so will 21s bring up my bench up 50lbs like I read on bb.com? :P
    Cliffs: Celorza is a douche who believes only his opinion is valid, if you have a different viewpoint then he will belittle you.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over


    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post

    Why is this guy so arrogant? Does he have an inferiority complex?
    I'm assuming your Paul? Lol all I know is I PERSONALLY think there is a direct correlation with rows and pulls and biceps. The stronger my bi's are the better my seated rows, pull downs and pull ups are.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post

    Why is it arrogant to defend ones ground in debate. At least he does not kowtow like many...
    I don't think the fact he defends his ground is arrogant but the way he comes across making it sound like his opinion is right yours is wrong and your an idiot if you don't agree with him shows arrogance.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post
    Why is it arrogant to defend ones ground in debate. At least he does not kowtow like many...
    YOU ARE WRONG
    Avenged & Transformed

  9. I think I finally got what the "160 lb dumbbell" refers to in this thread. Very sneaky insult.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  10. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    I think I finally got what the "160 lb dumbbell" refers to in this thread. Very sneaky insult.
    Enlighten please lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    I don't think the fact he defends his ground is arrogant but the way he comes across making it sound like his opinion is right yours is wrong and your an idiot if you don't agree with him shows arrogance.
    Strong this.

    It isn't the opinion or the knowledge (perceived or legitimate). Its the presentation of those things that most people have an issue with.

    Take Jason for example, ZiR.Red, he is easily the most dedicated person on this board but he doesn't come off as a know it all when he talks to people. (Not to say that celly always does that but it does happen)

  12. i cant believe this fukin thread is still going. do mods neg each other?

  13. Wow, check out Cel's useless bicep. Why does he flex this useless muscle? Better question: Why does he even train this worthless muscle? Maybe that muscle is bigger than his brain.

    Name:  cel_zps5bd62514.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  67.1 KB
    Avenged & Transformed

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post
    When it is one man taking on the whole thread I would say it show more guts than arrogance
    it doesn't take guts to sit behind the internets and type . . . I can tell you anything I want and it won't make a difference because you don't know me or where to find me. Don't try to look for me, my avi is not really me.
    Avenged & Transformed

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post

    When it is one man taking on the whole thread I would say it show more guts than arrogance
    Bro if you read it was him and me.

    Then him and Texas (they have prior issues)

    Along with Rodja and Jason providing the answers to any questions along the way.

    That is in no way 1 vs the world (or the thread in this instance)

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    So, Wendler's one article about bicep training automatically proves the efficacy? What's funny is that there have been countless articles about strength training and how to increase one's total and that is the only one I've ever seen that directly extolls biceps (not to say the others demonize it). There's also a large element of marketing about this as Wendler is now a one-man business. Rewriting PL info that has been repeated for decades will not make you stand out; making an outside the box statement will.

    At the time, Wendler worked for EFS and most likely had free reign to post whatever he would like. Tate also is not the editor for EFS and hasn't been so for some time now.
    There have been multiple discussion points regarding biceps training from athletic prowress to injury prevention and performance enhancement.

    When the conversation tilted to subjective opinions over the efficacy of biceps training enhancing various lifts, a world renowned powerlifting coaches opinion was posted. Don't get sideways.

    The argument is whether biceps training correlates to performance and it does. You can argue how much so if you'd like but that would be a different conversation. And actually, the argument is whether or not curling 160 pounds is impressive. And a legit 160 lb dumbell curl would be. That's some heavy ass weight considering the lift.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post

    When it is one man taking on the whole thread I would say it shows more guts than arrogance
    He actually has 2 of the most knowledgeable people on AM on his side and no one is saying they're acting arrogant?.....because they don't come off that way
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post
    Why is it arrogant to defend ones ground in debate. At least he does not kowtow like many...
    Did you read what I said earlier? Cel comes across as if his way is the only correct way, yet that is NOT true. He is a powerlifter so his needs will be different for someone such as a bodybuilder or a performance athlete.

    Sure, it may be true that bicep strength is not of significant importance in his sport, but for those of us pursuing other endeavors the bicep may be important. Therefore his POV is inaccurate to others, yet he will insult them for their opinion. THAT is arrogance.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over



  19. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    He actually has 2 of the most knowledgeable people on AM on his side and no one is saying they're acting arrogant?.....because they don't come off that way
    umm....
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post

    Do we all have to have cookie cutter personalities, if so the world would be a boring place...
    It's not a cookie cutter personality its just a matter of respect.

    He doesn't treat others with respect (sometimes) which is why some people don't get along with him here.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post
    Do we all have to have cookie cutter personalities, if so the world would be a boring place...
    ok, since you put it that way then I can say THIS:

    Celorza, thanks for being you. Without you AM would be boring. The world is a more interesting place with douchebags, that is true.
    Avenged & Transformed

  22. Yeah a 160lb curl would be impressive. Crossfit powerlifter guy will say no because that's not how they train BRO. And crossfit guy is all knowing.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    I'm so confused. I'm going back and forth between laughing and then having my brain hurt from reading this.

    And in an attempt to contribute to this thread (I don't know that it's even worthwhile, but whatever): I don't see any reason in attempting to make each muscle group as strong as it can be. As with most anything, it ultimately depends on your goals and strength vs. aesthetics will differ, but also have some overlap (again, like a lot of things). I like to have both, but at the end of the day, I'd train more for aesthetics than for strength. That's just my personal preference. But biceps don't need a ton of direct work anyway as long as you're doing the compound lifts you should be. I like to add in a light day of doing isolation work on bis and tris, but that's just the way I like to do it.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty View Post
    Oh Bravo...Now we resort to name calling? I think my 5 year old nephew may want in
    Just FYI, I don't think he can join, given his age and the content of this forum.

    However, I wouldn't peg a 5 year-old for browsing forums, either. Then again, kids are using technology at younger and younger ages...creepy stuff.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  25. Nice sig. man ^ like that
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you guys think?
    By sifu in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 02:04 PM
  2. what do you guys think of this?
    By WiNgS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 04:29 PM
  3. Starting This Tomorrow, what do you guys think?
    By babygetoboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 04:36 PM
  4. What do you guys think of Hammerstrength?
    By BigVrunga in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Log in
Log in