overtraining->increased cortisol->ab fat

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Because I'm almost certain I'm overreaching/overtraining..It's not sodium b/c intake has been pretty normal. It's not carb bloat b/c I've been around 200g on lifting days and bw on rest days..Only other thing is hormones causing it.
    That's all testable man.

Cortisol:
    You can get an AM serum cortisol test, or a diurnal saliva test to check (diurnal will be must more likely to show an issue).

Overtraining:
    Start running some HRV testing. Low HRV is a good proxy for an "overtrained state."

If you really, really believe that you've got a problem, then put some money down and verify.
    Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.
    -Seneca

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ad Fortitudo View Post
    That's all testable man.

Cortisol:
    You can get an AM serum cortisol test, or a diurnal saliva test to check (diurnal will be must more likely to show an issue).

Overtraining:
    Start running some HRV testing. Low HRV is a good proxy for an "overtrained state."

If you really, really believe that you've got a problem, then put some money down and verify.
    You said those tests are around $150 bucks right? If so, I can't spare that kinda money atm
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Because I'm almost certain I'm overreaching/overtraining..It's not sodium b/c intake has been pretty normal. It's not carb bloat b/c I've been around 200g on lifting days and bw on rest days..Only other thing is hormones causing it.
    So you have nothing to show it is cortisol? No shock there and overreaching and overtraining are VERY different states. Like I've already said, if you really think that you're at either one of those states, take some time to either deload or away from the gym completely and your woes will be solved.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 01:08 AM
  2. Guys with good abs: How many MM on the abs fat pinch?
    By metalman302 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 08:54 AM
  3. You Want Abs? - fat loss stacks
    By Super Tri's in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 09:49 AM
  4. 5HTP increase cortisol and AMORYN
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 02:49 PM