Injury Boredom

obvious

obvious

Awards
So... I injured my upper back (either Lat or Serratus) the other day doing one-arm rows and now I'm starting to get extremely aggravated sitting around waiting to get back to training. I'm a Pharmacy/pre-med student so I'm conscious of proper healing and not willing to rush anything. But... I'm SO BORED.

Training is how I relieve my school and other stresses. Right now the injury is annoying enough that I can't take 100% deep breaths so even hard cardio is out. I'm basically limited to slightly painful uphill walking or moderately painful elliptical. I suppose I could ride a bike but I'd rather not set foot in that part of the gym.

What do you all do to alleviate boredom and "nontraining anxiety" when you're injured??

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
i guess if i got hurt or sick i would do things that ive been wanting to do many something enjoyable indoor go karts tubbing theres plenty to do just do things you enjoy during the time you would of been working out

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
IDK but I just got Fallout 3 for $20 at walmart and think I played 4 hours straight this morning :D If I didn't have fatherly duties it would've been longer. Once the ole lady and little one are in bed I'm back at it again LOL.

All I hafta do is lay on the couch with water bottle and snacks in reach :D

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a Pharmacy/pre-med student
I'm a doctoral student, and when I'm deloading or taking a week off I glue myself to the laptop and attempt to get ahead on papers, dissertation, etc.

It its nice out, I'll do a lot of hiking or biking to keep moving.

Br

obvious

obvious

Awards
I'm a doctoral student, and when I'm deloading or taking a week off I glue myself to the laptop and attempt to get ahead on papers, dissertation, etc.

It its nice out, I'll do a lot of hiking or biking to keep moving.

Br
Yeah I definitely hear that. Spending the gym time at the library for the most part... good investment of time.

I live in Vancouver, BC so it's virtually never nice out here. I'm going to try to go to the gym for about an hour each day to do some uphill treadmill walking or elliptical to keep moving. I have an iPad so I can do some studying while keeping at least some level of fitness!

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I definitely hear that. Spending the gym time at the library for the most part... good investment of time.

I live in Vancouver, BC so it's virtually never nice out here. I'm going to try to go to the gym for about an hour each day to do some uphill treadmill walking or elliptical to keep moving. I have an iPad so I can do some studying while keeping at least some level of fitness!
wow, you pulled you lat or what? Thats crazy considering its just one arm rows...you must have really moved some weight weird. Im guess on the negative you felt it knot up or something?

Iv never worried about hurting a lat but i'm going to be more careful now cuz i'm extremely careless on my pullups rows

obvious

obvious

Awards
wow, you pulled you lat or what? Thats crazy considering its just one arm rows...you must have really moved some weight weird. Im guess on the negative you felt it knot up or something?

Iv never worried about hurting a lat but i'm going to be more careful now cuz i'm extremely careless on my pullups rows
It was entirely my fault. Instead of bringing the 105lb db to a bench to do rows, I picked it up off the rack and leaned on the rack while I was doing them. I got distracted for a second and looked up, and then my left arm went down a bit too far and yanked everything.

I thought it was totally fine as there was no pain the rest of the day or next day... but such is the benefit of delayed onset muscle soreness I guess. Then last night I reinjured it by training when I felt 100% - but the Dr. told me today not to feel bad about that as I could have just as easily reinjured it turning around too fast or lifting my backpack.

Anyway... it hurts like a biatch but it's on the mend. One thing is for sure - I have a lot more respect for the 1-arm row and proper technique!