Friendly Over Head DB Triceps Ext. Challenge...

Page 1 of 12 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Friendly Over Head DB Triceps Ext. Challenge...

Army Guy VS ThunderGod

Hey guys we have a little friendly competition here that we started well I should say Army Guy started after being very impressed by the powerful ThunderGod's incredible lifts. The gauntlet has been thrown down and the challenge has been made on Army catching and surpassing Thunders' freakish strength on Overhead DB Triceps Extensions. Since it's inception the fun of this has created quite a stir amongst the group we frequent each others logs and now the challenge has expanded.

Now instead of just "heavyweights" we have multiple sizes getting in on this. To make if fair and fun we.... Well okay... I decided to make a thread with a few fun rules to keep things fair and interesting.

We will take the number of reps each person does multiply it by the weight they lifted and then divide that number by there body weight. Giving a basic pound for pound strength comparison. If you reach a number over 12 with the highest weight dumbbell you have then you should use an EZ Curl /French Curl bar and increase weight. If we can keep reps semi consistent in the 8-10-12 rep range the weight lifted per pound won't be overly skewed.

Currently in the race, ArmyGuy, ThunderGod, SilentBob, Ex-TightEnd83, EdWitt, and I believe Oufinny. Oh yes and myself of course.Others are welcome this should be fun. Let's keep it that way...

If you want in just post up that you are putting yourself into the comp and then post up your weights /reps on that lift along with your body weight. This is an ongoing thing not a one time throw your weight up. This should be more fun and motivational with a little bragging rights thrown in for good measure.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Reserved for Whatever i feel like putting here...

Ya, I said it...
    Current Log:
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

sub'd
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%

lol so awesome that you threw this up!!! I will add in Punthura doing 140lbs for 10 a few days ago!!
    Working on living
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%

Already some beast mode entries. Remember this is on the honor system. Full range of motion required none of those 1/2 reps counting as a rep.

XT has 125x22 at 326 lbs.
    TG 130x10, 140x10 and has done 150x10 before. 255 lbs.
    Punthra 140x10, 246 lbs
    AG 125x10 233 lbs
    Mine will be up tomorrow but will not be as high as the monsters... YET!
    Current Log:
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%

sub'd....

ill compete under one condition....that i dont count for lb for lb best... my lifts are for weight pushed....so if punthra has 140 for 10....he will remain ahead of me untill i hit heavier or for more reps.... and same goes for TG and everyone else.
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

subbed
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.21%

Oh man, beast mode! Im in!!

RECOVERBRO

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.31%

Hmmmm....

I'll join in Going to be newbie midweight though

Really wish you wouldn't have said keep it in the 8-12 range, or I would have went to the gym right now and done 1,000 reps with the 10lber lmao
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yo! I'm in!
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    sub'd....

ill compete under one condition....that i dont count for lb for lb best... my lifts are for weight pushed....so if punthra has 140 for 10....he will remain ahead of me untill i hit heavier or for more reps.... and same goes for TG and everyone else.
    ?? The fact you are ~60 lbs lighter may put you ahead, thats the essense of lb for lb.

I'm in on this. Ive done 100x10,10, 10 at 210ish..However, Being that this friday I hit the very same exercise, Im gonna push higher and be down to 205ish
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%

sub'd....

However you want it, you are as strong as or stronger than a lot of really big guys anyway. Let's see what you can do against the big boys on weight pushed. Really it is all fun and motivation but that being the case let's wreck shop!
    Current Log:
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%

Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    ?? The fact you are ~60 lbs lighter may put you ahead, thats the essense of lb for lb.

I'm in on this. Ive done 100x10,10, 10 at 210ish..However, Being that this friday I hit the very same exercise, Im gonna push higher and be down to 205ish
    Exactly...i dont want to push less weight then someone else and still be in the lead. In life you wont walk up to the guy messing with your girl and ask for his weight....no matter how big he is you better be able to step up to the challenge.

No point in having bragging rights if someone is still stronger then you....Pound for pound is something i did away with long ago since all the guys i train with are so much larger then myself. Either im stronger then them...or im not. This is the way i like to compete. No excuses...no saying well your 240 and im 187...it's not fair...id rather man up and get stronger despite the weight difference.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    However you want it, you are as strong as or stronger than a lot of really big guys anyway. Let's see what you can do against the big boys on weight pushed. Really it is all fun and motivation but that being the case let's wreck shop!
    and thats why i like you muahahahahahaha....LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%

Glad you're in Flex, Check out his current training log. He really doesn't need a handicap. GH has freakish strength.
    Current Log:
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

Exactly...i dont want to push less weight then someone else and still be in the lead. In life you wont walk up to the guy messing with your girl and ask for his weight....no matter how big he is you better be able to step up to the challenge.

No point in having bragging rights if someone is still stronger then you....Pound for pound is something i did away with long ago since all the guys i train with are so much larger then myself. Either im stronger then them...or im not. This is the way i like to compete. No excuses...no saying well your 240 and im 187...it's not fair...id rather man up and get stronger despite the weight difference.
    I agree to disagree but I get your point. I will gladly boast if applicable
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%

You are so old school pimpin' I love it! I made the pound for pound out of fun, and a way to be competitive across the board for everybody. However it is truly impressive to throw your hat into the big time arena of weight only. I have not doubt you will hold your own and shock and awe those who have not seen your weights already. I know I will be lifting like I am chasing the heaviest weight regardless.

Now a little competitive motivation for everyone.
    Current Log:
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%

I agree to disagree but I get your point. I will gladly boast if applicable
    hahaha ok that works
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.21%

WERD!!!

RECOVERBRO

20. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

subbed for this
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.69%

Subbed. This should be good. Good luck ladies
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

True Story there is a guy here in Tennessee, he is known around my city, named Nathan that competed and got 3nd place I dont know what organization, in a show.

he was showing out doing 140 lbs pound dumbbell presses , behind the head, and tore put triceps strait off the bone, and both arms were in casts strait out in from of him for a year.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.69%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    True Story there is a guy here in Tennessee, he is known around my city, named Nathan that competed and got 3nd place I dont know what organization, in a show.

he was showing out doing 140 lbs pound dumbbell presses , behind the head, and tore put triceps strait off the bone, and both arms were in casts strait out in from of him for a year.
    Holy crap... do you have a last name to see if it was ever online? That freaking sucks.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    Holy crap... do you have a last name to see if it was ever online? That freaking sucks.
    sure do not. I do not think it was video recorded.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%

I forgot to mention he was in contest prep doing this.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.24%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm down like a clown.....Ch...Ch...Charlie Brown!!!

I rotate different exercises for the same muscle groups so much that I don't do the same lift but every 3 weeks or so.
    That means that I have 2 more weeks before I hit up the 2-Hand Behind Head DB Triceps Extensions again.

I'm planning on raising the bar........very high!!!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.36%

Man I am so in and without the pound for pound formula you aren't seeing me light the world on fire! Nonetheless I am happy to report my previous best as a starting point: BB overhead extensions (skulls) is 95x8 and I did that at 190 pounds. Now, I am going to transition, hopefully today actually, to doing DB overhead extensions and see what my baseline is and with some Prime and TestoPro I should make some insane gains here shortly... while on a cut! Digging the invite Kleen and let the game begin!!!!!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.36%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    I'm down like a clown.....Ch...Ch...Charlie Brown!!!

I rotate different exercises for the same muscle groups so much that I don't do the same lift but every 3 weeks or so.
    That means that I have 2 more weeks before I hit up the 2-Hand Behind Head DB Triceps Extensions again.

I'm planning on raising the bar........very high!!!
    Thunder I am almost scared how high you are going to raise the bar big guy. You really give new meaning to the term functional strength with the weights you move around consistently. We are all waiting anxiously for these two weeks to be up and see what craziness you throw our way.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%

just some BEAST up in here!!! Someone better let Punthura in on the action
    Working on living
  30. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

LOL... is kleen the "Don King" of weight lifting? By the way i'm subbed... Kill it bruddahs!!!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.19%

Subbed but i still think TG is going to hand me my ass! The guy is a straight up beast!!!! Actually everyone that is competing are beasts, just in different weight classes.
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%

lol this from the guy who hit a 140 db for 10 reps!!!!
    Working on living
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.24%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    lol this from the guy who hit a 140 db for 10 reps!!!!
    I'm going to start out light on you guys. I'm planning on an easy 150X10 for the first round.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.19%

Damn you, TG!!!! I don't get to do heavy triceps til next week....
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    I'm going to start out light on you guys. I'm planning on an easy 150X10 for the first round.

I may not get it the first or second time around....but i'll def give you a run for your money!
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

LOL!!!! I'm gonna see how many times I can get the 125s up next week, since my punk-ass gym manager's draggin' his ass on getting me my 150s. But I may load up 150 on the EZ curl bar tomorrow, just as a test....
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I may not get it the first or second time around....but i'll def give you a run for your money!
    You'll get there. Think positive.
    -My Best Friend
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%

hey Xt I have the same issue... I have my son place a 5lb, 10lb, etc, plate on the top and just balance it while I knock the reps out. Since the DB is coated in that rubber material, it sticks in place real nice like!
    and 150x10!!!!!! oh that is such the punk move right there TG!!!!
    Working on living
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%

Quote Originally Posted by ex-tightend83 View Post
    You'll get there. Think positive.
    oh heck yea i will!! if not by strength but by pure rage ill hit some big numbers.....i think ill shoot as a personal goal to overhead 185....yes ill overhead what i weigh AND WHAT?!!? haha
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ex-tightend83 View Post
    LOL!!!! I'm gonna see how many times I can get the 125s up next week, since my punk-ass gym manager's draggin' his ass on getting me my 150s. But I may load up 150 on the EZ curl bar tomorrow, just as a test....
    This will have to be my approach to the competition as well....though I don't think 150 will be on the bar.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
  2. Leviathan Re-loaded and Recreate (HEAD-2-HEAD Review)
    By SuppKnight in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 05:04 PM
  3. u ready for a real challenge? the gallon challenge
    By justing in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
  4. My triceps
    By repmks in forum Pics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 11:38 PM
  5. Best exercise for Lateral head of triceps?
    By arizonanewbie in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 04:41 PM