Friendly Over Head DB Triceps Ext. Challenge...

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Some trainers think the louder you yell, the better trainer you are. I get trying to be a hype man, but there's thin line between hype man and raving lunatic. Not to mention James' coach had crazy eyes.
His eyes are hilarious halfway through the movie.

Agreed on the hype/lunatic. Some people are different though. I would do OK with either I think. Yelling in my ear = me finishing the set fast to get you to go shutup. Yell at me randomly = scare me mid-rep and I drop the weight and die. I dunno

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
His eyes are hilarious halfway through the movie.

Agreed on the hype/lunatic. Some people are different though. I would do OK with either I think. Yelling in my ear = me finishing the set fast to get you to go shutup. Yell at me randomly = scare me mid-rep and I drop the weight and die. I dunno
Encouragement and a good spotter are all I want in a trainer if I am in the middle of a set. Screaming at me will make me want to throw the weight at you and if you do it enough, you better believe I am going to do that with a DB. Screaming trainers make me laugh sometimes and can be fun to watch when it is some overweight man/woman who looks scared to death they are getting in trouble with their teacher; yes I am that guy. :stooges:

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
I hate the spotter that stands over you on bench from Rep one... i got this and even when i dont you got plenty of time to move in and help! im not gonna just drop it on my neck so take a half step back cuz i dont need to smell ur swamp ass my entire set

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was training a women today and spotting her on the bench, when she reached back for the bar she accidentally grabbed my load. It was an awkward pre-set silence.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was training a women today and spotting her on the bench, when she reached back for the bar she accidentally grabbed my load. It was an awkward pre-set silence.
You already dropped your load before she grabbed it??:shocked1:

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Encouragement and a good spotter are all I want in a trainer if I am in the middle of a set. Screaming at me will make me want to throw the weight at you and if you do it enough, you better believe I am going to do that with a DB. Screaming trainers make me laugh sometimes and can be fun to watch when it is some overweight man/woman who looks scared to death they are getting in trouble with their teacher; yes I am that guy. :stooges:
...I'm willing to bet that you watch Biggest Loser :p

"GOGOGOGOGOG, YOU BETTER KEEP GOING, GOGOOGOGOGOG, PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH" *one rep done*

Rinse repeat

I wouldn't mind spotting for a chick and her grabbing my junk before each set...might get out of hand eventually though :p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap! Funny stuff going on in here. Volc you should have asked her how she knew you wanted her to warm up with the "Shake Weight" before her set.

I say we make a poll pick 3 exercises to put on a poll and then we pick from there. ROM on all should be elbow must break the plane of the back. Bent over DB Rows, Rack Chins, T-Bar rows.

If we go dead lifts I say we do something fun like most reps with certain weight for different weight categories. 165 & under = 225, 166-185 =275, 186-200 -315, 201-225 = 365 and over 225 = 405 Just go for reps. True Deadlifts, let weight settle between each rep to take the rebound effect out of the equation starting from a true dead stop. It will also reduce the amount of injuries from rapid fire reps causing loss of form. Once it takes longer than 5 seconds to settle in and pull the next rep set is done. Anyone who can't meet the weight requirements goal is to try to meet that weight by the end of the 2 month challenge.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I like the three you picked for the poll my friend

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I finally have internet at home... now I can get caught up on what has gone on around AM :)

I also like the three you picked for the poll... but for T-bars, you mean the 1 arm that we were talking about, or a normal T-bar row?

Another idea would be to do two at once. So, right now where we post our weights/reps, we would just post it for both exercises. Maybe DLs and then one from the poll, or 2 of the 3 from the poll, etc... Preferably dif muscle groups(may not work though, all four are back stuff...unless we split upper/lower).

Also, am I the only one that OJ screws up? If I have any more than a few ounces of OJ(with ASGT in this case), it destroys my stomach. Turns my pre-WO drink into a laxative, and I feel like crap in the gym. It's the OJ and not the ASGT because the more water and less OJ I have, the less it affects me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I finally have internet at home... now I can get caught up on what has gone on around AM :)

I also like the three you picked for the poll... but for T-bars, you mean the 1 arm that we were talking about, or a normal T-bar row?

Another idea would be to do two at once. So, right now where we post our weights/reps, we would just post it for both exercises. Maybe DLs and then one from the poll, or 2 of the 3 from the poll, etc... Preferably dif muscle groups(may not work though, all four are back stuff...unless we split upper/lower).

Also, am I the only one that OJ screws up? If I have any more than a few ounces of OJ(with ASGT in this case), it destroys my stomach. Turns my pre-WO drink into a laxative, and I feel like crap in the gym. It's the OJ and not the ASGT because the more water and less OJ I have, the less it affects me.
Between that and stims you are making a lot of acididty in there. I get upset stomach from any juices any time before my workout.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Crap, I didn't even think about that >_> Guess that explains it then. Looks like it's gonna be a few ounces of water and just gulping.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Crap, I didn't even think about that >_> Guess that explains it then. Looks like it's gonna be a few ounces of water and just gulping.
The taste grows on you. Kind of like iced tea with Sweet N Low I couldn't stand that aftertaste at first now if I have real sweet tea or with splenda or sugar it doesn't taste right.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I've noticed that. It's not quite as bad as it was on the first day I tasted it. I still wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it's not that bad.

I gave up on sweet tea because I couldn't get used to Sweet N Low, Splenda, and some other kinds of 0 calorie sweeteners(my mom is big on them...she found way too frikkin many)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Agreed on the ASGT. It does in fact grow on you. That being said I was happy when it was gone...but I will buy more lol.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
The taste grows on you. Kind of like iced tea with Sweet N Low I couldn't stand that aftertaste at first now if I have real sweet tea or with splenda or sugar it doesn't taste right.
Cinnamon Iced tea is how I taste it lol...sometimes I like it sometimes I don't....depends on what I am mixing it with. It always makes it to the same place regardless. I love me some ASGT!

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Surprisingly, the ASGT in only water isn't bad at all. I had only had it with various juices/amounts of juice. Definitely will be doing it all water from now on.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys I am going to put up a poll here in a little while with the 3 exercises listed. ShadowFury, we could do more than one exercise but it is recommended to focus on one target at a time to make the best gains in that area. As far as the TBar rows I think with a 2 handed grip but that is just me.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
time to get this party re-energized!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Poll is posted up, will close out on 28th with a decision.

Hey everyone the time has come to truly select the exercise for the next motivational challenge. Here is a link to the poll and it will close on the 28th giving us 10 days to vote on this. I think we will need to review this thread and highlight some great lifts and what not and put them in the second post here.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/159064-pick-next-motivation.html

crux

Awards
I'm late to this party, but I will throw in. I will be doing tri's on Thursday. I have done 135x10 in the past but I am not very close to that right now after some tricep tendonitis issues. Looking forward to the motivation to get back. . .

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice this is a good thread for that there is also one for Deadlifting too somewhere around here.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I saw this on my user CP, I was brought back to some great memories. I think I got to 110 at one point. There are some big numbers in here, we should start this up again for 2011 or get a new exercise on the table. I vote for bent over rows or maybe bench press with DBs. Something that is different and not standard that everyone can do and most likely already does.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, I did 45 for 5 today, with 8sec eccentris. Damn elbow tendonitis...
I feel your pain Nick, I fought forearm pain all last year and it drove me nuts.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was about to enter until I saw the weight you guys are putting up.

...Maybe next time. As you were, men!