Friendly Over Head DB Triceps Ext. Challenge...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL I was just pulling your chain, I know it was just a true story that was appropriate for this thread I might add. It did make me pause for second picture my triceps ripping loose of my bone and then I had to shake that out of my head. LOL All though I WILL be taking precautions to keep myself safe.

Doing something like that while ragged out like in contest prep that is pretty insane.
Agreed

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
x3...definitely not smart to do something like that during contest prep.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I did this first time today; not a great day in the gym BUT I put up 85x8 two times, then did a drop set. Weeksauce compared to you crazy SOBs but I am happy with that as my baseline. Goal is to add 20-30 pounds to that with the addition of TestoPro... the game is officially on. Oh, no spotter really sucks on this when you are first getting the weight overhead, need to learn the technique for this ASAP.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
WTF is weeksauce?
Weeksauce:

the sauce of the norse gods which the days are named after

Sunday: Sun - Sunnudagr
Monday: Moon - Manadagr
Tuesday: Tyr - Tysdagr
Wednesday: Odin - Odinsdagr
Thursday: Thor - Thorsdagr
Friday: Frig - Frjdagr
Saturday: not named for a god, but washing day - Laugardagr

It sounds like weaksauce, which means weak, but when spelled "weeksauce" it actually means badass.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I did this first time today; not a great day in the gym BUT I put up 85x8 two times, then did a drop set. Weeksauce compared to you crazy SOBs but I am happy with that as my baseline. Goal is to add 20-30 pounds to that with the addition of TestoPro... the game is officially on. Oh, no spotter really sucks on this when you are first getting the weight overhead, need to learn the technique for this ASAP.
hey hey hey i say thats a darn good first go at overheads! I dam near hurt myself standing up and putting the weight on my shoulder...sitting down...then pressing. No spotter makes a big difference!

As far as form goes that has a lot to do withgetting use to the movement. My form was probably shizza compared to AG, TG, Punthra and ExT. But the important part is us little guys WILL catch up to the big guns. I mean look at Kleen...hitting up them 100's like b*tch weight WITH a fugged up elbow....

Hey isnt TG suppose to have hit his numbers on wednesday? COME ON BIG MAN I NEED SOME MOTIVATION!!! show me your strength....lol:fing02:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this thread is useless without videos...

All i see are E-Thugs... :p
You maintain the right to unsubscribe and retain your obvious integrity sir!!:sgrin:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weeksauce:

the sauce of the norse gods which the days are named after

Sunday: Sun - Sunnudagr
Monday: Moon - Manadagr
Tuesday: Tyr - Tysdagr
Wednesday: Odin - Odinsdagr
Thursday: Thor - Thorsdagr
Friday: Frig - Frjdagr
Saturday: not named for a god, but washing day - Laugardagr

It sounds like weaksauce, which means weak, but when spelled "weeksauce" it actually means badass.
Now you knew that I would love this!!

Happy Donner'sTag/Donar'sTag.
That's German for the Icelandic Thorsdagr. :wave:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Now you knew that I would love this!!

Happy Donner'sTag/Donar'sTag.
That's German for the Icelandic Thorsdagr. :wave:
You sir are correct :)

I've got some Danish in me. Well 100% actually. Furthest I can trace back the family is ~1000AD, they appeared in England in the 1300s, then America in the 1600s :)

The Futhark tattoo I have is 4 names, Danish Kings in my bloodline $$$

So, I am a modern day Viking :sgrin::usa:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You sir are correct :)

I've got some Danish in me. Well 100% actually. Furthest I can trace back the family is ~1000AD, they appeared in England in the 1300s, then America in the 1600s :)

The Futhark tattoo I have is 4 names, Danish Kings in my bloodline $$$

So, I am a modern day Viking :sgrin::usa:
Uber-Cool!!
I'm of Germanic descent. And ancient Tuetonic heritage.

I have Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) tattooed on my right shoulder.

From one Viking to another!!! :notworthy:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey hey hey i say thats a darn good first go at overheads! I dam near hurt myself standing up and putting the weight on my shoulder...sitting down...then pressing. No spotter makes a big difference!

As far as form goes that has a lot to do withgetting use to the movement. My form was probably shizza compared to AG, TG, Punthra and ExT. But the important part is us little guys WILL catch up to the big guns. I mean look at Kleen...hitting up them 100's like b*tch weight WITH a fugged up elbow....

Hey isnt TG suppose to have hit his numbers on wednesday? COME ON BIG MAN I NEED SOME MOTIVATION!!! show me your strength....lol:fing02:
Thanks GH! Yesterday I had all the drive and none of the brawn that I expected. Not sure what the crap happened but we all have those days. I didn't think about putting the weight on my shoulder first that is a great idea. I will say I stopped at 8 reps because form was about to head south and like you, I hate cheating on reps. No worries on me catching up, I will probably do these at least once a week since they aren't bothering my elbow like skull crushers do.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get the weight into position the KLEEN way.

If no spotter I have found the easiest way to get the weight up is to grab the handle two handed like you are going to swing a sledge hammer. Bring the weight up rotating it so the end that was pointing away from you sits on your upper chest and other side up towards the ceiling. Slide the hands up the handle to the inner portion of the plates then press the weight up above the head then you just let the arms go back just a little until they are even with your ears then lower down into the extension. If you can curl 130 with body english, and shoulder/incline press 130 this is the easiest way to get the weight up.

Trying to put the weight on the shoulder then reach around your head is way too clumsy and puts the shoulder on the opposite side the dumbbell is on in a weak position.

Form note, your arms should be as vertical as possible elbows straight up at the ceiling not out at a 45 degree angle doing it with an angles is a mix between a press and an extension and will give an extra 20 lbs on the lift not what you want for the triceps extension. The insides of your biceps should almost be touching your ears if you have your elbows in tight enough.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I rotate different exercises for the same muscle groups so much that I don't do the same lift but every 3 weeks or so.
That means that I have 2 more weeks before I hit up the 2-Hand Behind Head DB Triceps Extensions again.

Yesterday I did Lying Triceps Extensions with an EZ-Bar ala "Skull Crushers".
I went up to a measly 185X11 on those.......:sad3:

I'm so intelligent around the gluteal area.......in other words, I'm a smart-ass!!! :toofunny:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
185 skullcrushers! You sir are a MONSTER, and i mean that in the best way!!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
holy 185!!!! that is impressive!!!! Glad we aren't doing a Skull Crusher challenge!!!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
It's push muscle day - I'm game

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Good job TG!!! I took Kleen's suggestion when I did tris this morning and loaded 150 on the EZ-curl bar. I extended it 11 times, and I definitely felt it. Since I hadn't done these in YEARS (and definitely not that amount of weight), I stood up to do them because my balance sitting down was phucked up. But I blasted my tris with it! Will report in my thread later...

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
wow 150x11... I think we need a new category labeled SUPER FREAK!!!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow 150x11... I think we need a new category labeled SUPER FREAK!!!!
Yeah seriously! This is getting out of hand!!!! TG has not even submitted his insanity to the mix yet either... this might be the craziest little contest that has been devised. :lol:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't it sound AWESOME! TG love it 185 on skull crushers. I think I did that 3 times once upon a time. My max was EZ Curl bar plus 2 plates on each side I got 1. I think that is 195 or 205 depending on the bar. That was back when I was working out with a beast who was 265 at 6'2 with abs... he was a freak, and a pharmacist. Made me lift heavy as fug to try to keep up with him. Of course he was lifting like you for reps.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
That is an amazing PR Kleen!!! I need to get back into Skulls!!! They hit the elbow hard, but I just need to keep it wrapped... I am devising a new routine for my next log starting Monday... That will have to go on!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With that stack you may just catch up to TG...

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Why did I join this thread!? lol

Buncha crazy mofos in here!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why did I join this thread!? lol

Buncha crazy mofos in here!
:bigeyes:OH NO!!!!Thats what Im thinking. Im afraid to post now..LOLThose are some serious numbers

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
wow, this thread simultaneously makes me feel bad about how much i lift and also makes me wonder how in the hell some people get so strong.

last time i did these i put up 100lbs for 8 reps. thats the highest i have ever gone, and i have lost strength since then. hopefully getting it back though on this h-drol cycle. ill chime back in next week when i do arms again

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
^ Don't worry, I have arms in a few days, and unless someone injects T into my arms while I am sleeping (unlikely) I whore myself out to make everyone else feel better about posting numbers :D

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
7% Bodyfat 190lbs.....135x11 today

That Pink Magic that I am chugging puts you guys at a disadvantage ;)

went from 245 at 14% to 190 disgustingly lean (and grumpy as hell) right now...just for summer though :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7% Bodyfat 190lbs.....135x11 today

That Pink Magic that I am chugging puts you guys at a disadvantage ;)
I'm pinning something stronger than you're chugging. :sgrin:

It's all fun and games!!!:stickp4: :arms: :fest30:

:jester:

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Well, I subbed this just for the simple fact that...it's a frakking awesome competition. But I guess I should get in on this. Time to start injecting straight motivation ;)

I'm 180 with a screwed up wrist and was able to get 85x10 today. I am thinking I could hit 95/100 for either 6 or 8, but I don't want to hurt my wrist more. I think I should be back to full in a few weeks, so I will post those up when I can get em :) I know it's meh compared to yall, but we all start somewhere ^_^

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I love the way this is shaping up. Black Jack Nice Numbers at that body weight!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

160 for 6, but it was done standing and with a BB...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice Resolve!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
:lol: Doesn't really compare to some of the other guys. My gym only has 125lb dbs so I did what I had to do. I don't think it really counts for this contest.
I think if you use the short bb and hold it like a DB you are good :D

OR

Get one of those little adjustable db bars and throw some plates on it. I think you can find one at ally world for 5 bucks probably

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
:lol: Doesn't really compare to some of the other guys. My gym only has 125lb dbs so I did what I had to do. I don't think it really counts for this contest.
It sure does count! My gym also only goes up to 125-lb. dumbbells. So I had to load the EZ-curl bar with 150. You make do with what you have.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
right, keep it relatively close grip too.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I'm pinning something stronger than you're chugging. :sgrin:

It's all fun and games!!!:stickp4: :arms: :fest30:

:jester:
Being 60lbs lighter than you and lifting only 15 less lbs for the same rep range...AND being all natural....I'll take it ;)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
85 * 5...not too bad for my rehabbing self...:afro:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being 60lbs lighter than you and lifting only 15 less lbs for the same rep range...AND being all natural....I'll take it ;)
You mentioned your chugging and I mentioned my pinning. That was all it was. I said it was all fun and games. Can we agree to keep it that way?

I wasn't trying to belittle your accomplishment in any way brother. It is truly awesome.

Congrats!!!:clap2: