Friendly Over Head DB Triceps Ext. Challenge...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Army Guy VS ThunderGod

Hey guys we have a little friendly competition here that we started well I should say Army Guy started after being very impressed by the powerful ThunderGod's incredible lifts. The gauntlet has been thrown down and the challenge has been made on Army catching and surpassing Thunders' freakish strength on Overhead DB Triceps Extensions. Since it's inception the fun of this has created quite a stir amongst the group we frequent each others logs and now the challenge has expanded.

Now instead of just "heavyweights" we have multiple sizes getting in on this. To make if fair and fun we.... Well okay... I decided to make a thread with a few fun rules to keep things fair and interesting.

We will take the number of reps each person does multiply it by the weight they lifted and then divide that number by there body weight. Giving a basic pound for pound strength comparison. If you reach a number over 12 with the highest weight dumbbell you have then you should use an EZ Curl /French Curl bar and increase weight. If we can keep reps semi consistent in the 8-10-12 rep range the weight lifted per pound won't be overly skewed.

Currently in the race, ArmyGuy, ThunderGod, SilentBob, Ex-TightEnd83, EdWitt, and I believe Oufinny. Oh yes and myself of course.Others are welcome this should be fun. Let's keep it that way...

If you want in just post up that you are putting yourself into the comp and then post up your weights /reps on that lift along with your body weight. This is an ongoing thing not a one time throw your weight up. This should be more fun and motivational with a little bragging rights thrown in for good measure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Reserved for Whatever i feel like putting here...

Ya, I said it...

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol so awesome that you threw this up!!! I will add in Punthura doing 140lbs for 10 a few days ago!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Already some beast mode entries. Remember this is on the honor system. Full range of motion required none of those 1/2 reps counting as a rep.

XT has 125x22 at 326 lbs.
TG 130x10, 140x10 and has done 150x10 before. 255 lbs.
Punthra 140x10, 246 lbs
AG 125x10 233 lbs
Mine will be up tomorrow but will not be as high as the monsters... YET!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sub'd....

ill compete under one condition....that i dont count for lb for lb best... my lifts are for weight pushed....so if punthra has 140 for 10....he will remain ahead of me untill i hit heavier or for more reps.... and same goes for TG and everyone else.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man, beast mode! Im in!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm....

I'll join in :) Going to be newbie midweight though :D

Really wish you wouldn't have said keep it in the 8-12 range, or I would have went to the gym right now and done 1,000 reps with the 10lber lmao :D

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Yo! I'm in!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
sub'd....

ill compete under one condition....that i dont count for lb for lb best... my lifts are for weight pushed....so if punthra has 140 for 10....he will remain ahead of me untill i hit heavier or for more reps.... and same goes for TG and everyone else.
?? The fact you are ~60 lbs lighter may put you ahead, thats the essense of lb for lb.

I'm in on this. Ive done 100x10,10, 10 at 210ish..However, Being that this friday I hit the very same exercise, Im gonna push higher and be down to 205ish

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
sub'd....

However you want it, you are as strong as or stronger than a lot of really big guys anyway. Let's see what you can do against the big boys on weight pushed. Really it is all fun and motivation but that being the case let's wreck shop!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
?? The fact you are ~60 lbs lighter may put you ahead, thats the essense of lb for lb.

I'm in on this. Ive done 100x10,10, 10 at 210ish..However, Being that this friday I hit the very same exercise, Im gonna push higher and be down to 205ish
Exactly...i dont want to push less weight then someone else and still be in the lead. In life you wont walk up to the guy messing with your girl and ask for his weight....no matter how big he is you better be able to step up to the challenge.

No point in having bragging rights if someone is still stronger then you....Pound for pound is something i did away with long ago since all the guys i train with are so much larger then myself. Either im stronger then them...or im not. This is the way i like to compete. No excuses...no saying well your 240 and im 187...it's not fair...id rather man up and get stronger despite the weight difference.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
However you want it, you are as strong as or stronger than a lot of really big guys anyway. Let's see what you can do against the big boys on weight pushed. Really it is all fun and motivation but that being the case let's wreck shop!
and thats why i like you muahahahahahaha....LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Glad you're in Flex, Check out his current training log. He really doesn't need a handicap. GH has freakish strength.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...i dont want to push less weight then someone else and still be in the lead. In life you wont walk up to the guy messing with your girl and ask for his weight....no matter how big he is you better be able to step up to the challenge.

No point in having bragging rights if someone is still stronger then you....Pound for pound is something i did away with long ago since all the guys i train with are so much larger then myself. Either im stronger then them...or im not. This is the way i like to compete. No excuses...no saying well your 240 and im 187...it's not fair...id rather man up and get stronger despite the weight difference.
I agree to disagree but I get your point. I will gladly boast if applicable :lol:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

You are so old school pimpin' I love it! I made the pound for pound out of fun, and a way to be competitive across the board for everybody. However it is truly impressive to throw your hat into the big time arena of weight only. I have not doubt you will hold your own and shock and awe those who have not seen your weights already. I know I will be lifting like I am chasing the heaviest weight regardless.

Now a little competitive motivation for everyone.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. This should be good. Good luck ladies :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True Story there is a guy here in Tennessee, he is known around my city, named Nathan that competed and got 3nd place I dont know what organization, in a show.

he was showing out doing 140 lbs pound dumbbell presses , behind the head, and tore put triceps strait off the bone, and both arms were in casts strait out in from of him for a year.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
True Story there is a guy here in Tennessee, he is known around my city, named Nathan that competed and got 3nd place I dont know what organization, in a show.

he was showing out doing 140 lbs pound dumbbell presses , behind the head, and tore put triceps strait off the bone, and both arms were in casts strait out in from of him for a year.
Holy crap... do you have a last name to see if it was ever online? That freaking sucks.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention he was in contest prep doing this.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm down like a clown.....Ch...Ch...Charlie Brown!!!:lol:

I rotate different exercises for the same muscle groups so much that I don't do the same lift but every 3 weeks or so.
That means that I have 2 more weeks before I hit up the 2-Hand Behind Head DB Triceps Extensions again.

I'm planning on raising the bar........very high!!! :twisted:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I am so in and without the pound for pound formula you aren't seeing me light the world on fire! Nonetheless I am happy to report my previous best as a starting point: BB overhead extensions (skulls) is 95x8 and I did that at 190 pounds. Now, I am going to transition, hopefully today actually, to doing DB overhead extensions and see what my baseline is and with some Prime and TestoPro I should make some insane gains here shortly... while on a cut! Digging the invite Kleen and let the game begin!!!!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm down like a clown.....Ch...Ch...Charlie Brown!!!:lol:

I rotate different exercises for the same muscle groups so much that I don't do the same lift but every 3 weeks or so.
That means that I have 2 more weeks before I hit up the 2-Hand Behind Head DB Triceps Extensions again.

I'm planning on raising the bar........very high!!! :twisted:
Thunder I am almost scared how high you are going to raise the bar big guy. You really give new meaning to the term functional strength with the weights you move around consistently. We are all waiting anxiously for these two weeks to be up and see what craziness you throw our way.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
just some BEAST up in here!!! Someone better let Punthura in on the action

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL... is kleen the "Don King" of weight lifting? By the way i'm subbed... Kill it bruddahs!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Subbed but i still think TG is going to hand me my ass! The guy is a straight up beast!!!! Actually everyone that is competing are beasts, just in different weight classes.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol this from the guy who hit a 140 db for 10 reps!!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol this from the guy who hit a 140 db for 10 reps!!!!
I'm going to start out light on you guys. I'm planning on an easy 150X10 for the first round. :lol:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Damn you, TG!!!! I don't get to do heavy triceps til next week....

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start out light on you guys. I'm planning on an easy 150X10 for the first round. :lol:

I may not get it the first or second time around....but i'll def give you a run for your money!

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
LOL!!!! I'm gonna see how many times I can get the 125s up next week, since my punk-ass gym manager's draggin' his ass on getting me my 150s. But I may load up 150 on the EZ curl bar tomorrow, just as a test....

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
hey Xt I have the same issue... I have my son place a 5lb, 10lb, etc, plate on the top and just balance it while I knock the reps out. Since the DB is coated in that rubber material, it sticks in place real nice like!
and 150x10!!!!!! oh that is such the punk move right there TG!!!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You'll get there. Think positive.
oh heck yea i will!! if not by strength but by pure rage ill hit some big numbers.....i think ill shoot as a personal goal to overhead 185....yes ill overhead what i weigh AND WHAT?!!? haha:sgrin:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL!!!! I'm gonna see how many times I can get the 125s up next week, since my punk-ass gym manager's draggin' his ass on getting me my 150s. But I may load up 150 on the EZ curl bar tomorrow, just as a test....
This will have to be my approach to the competition as well....though I don't think 150 will be on the bar.:bigeyes:

alih92

Awards
this thread is useless without videos...

All i see are E-Thugs... :p

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In true form first time back trying these since I hurt my arm. 100x10 not too bad, next week I will try 110x10 and keep on moving up. At one point I could do 110x15 let's see how quickly I can get back up to that.

Oh yes body weight 195, 100x10

LOL... is kleen the "Don King" of weight lifting? By the way i'm subbed... Kill it bruddahs!!!
My hair isn't tall enough. LOL

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nothing too out of this world but it was quite spent when i hit overheads (elbow started to hurt and i had no spot so next week ill make sure to sleeve up and have my dad spotting me so i can really push some weight

120x6....187 lbs.....not too proud of this but no excuses just have to up my endurance and up my strength

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok guys I am in!!!

will post up with thezbar results on sunday.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing too out of this world but it was quite spent when i hit overheads (elbow started to hurt and i had no spot so next week ill make sure to sleeve up and have my dad spotting me so i can really push some weight

120x6....187 lbs.....not too proud of this but no excuses just have to up my endurance and up my strength
That's okay you can just call this motivation Sir. HMMM 120x6, maybe... just maybe.... LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys this is gonna get fun. I say we run this bad boy for what 8 weeks? We can do a most improved too. That way even if you can't beat the numbers you can still win in overall progress too. I mean let's face it we are all winners for just getting in on this.

John, you trying to scare me out of the competition with your blown triceps story or what? YIKES! I had to remind myself that I was more likely to be in a debilitating car accident then to have that happen. Okay that got me back into the game. I would rather die doing something dangerous than something boring. Might as well live dangerously. ;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John, you trying to scare me out of the competition with your blown triceps story or what? YIKES! I had to remind myself that I was more likely to be in a debilitating car accident then to have that happen. Okay that got me back into the game. I would rather die doing something dangerous than something boring. Might as well live dangerously. ;)
No, Not at all Chris. I am telling true story from the state I live in. The guy doing this was showing out. The main point is limit weight and intensity pre-contest when body fat levels are very low percentile.

I am not saying limit hard and heavy training, because I do believe in training hard and heavy just not past that red line where you allow yourself to release the beast inside and keep going and where injuries are more likely.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL I was just pulling your chain, I know it was just a true story that was appropriate for this thread I might add. It did make me pause for second picture my triceps ripping loose of my bone and then I had to shake that out of my head. LOL All though I WILL be taking precautions to keep myself safe.

Doing something like that while ragged out like in contest prep that is pretty insane.