most embarrassing thing you've done in the gym?...

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i did it today.

kneeling on an incline bench, chest down on the pad, for some modified delts work...

knees were sweating and that damn vinyl...

slipped right off that F-ing bench and fell sideways... landed on my side and elbow. probably made a girly sound too, but had my headphones in so i didnt hear it at least.

God hates me. :redeemerwhore:

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
i have a bad knee. but nobody at my gym knows that. so with like 115 on the squat, i was repping and my knee gave out. i fell and got stuck on the power rack. it was bad. funny now, not so much then.

gbeast

Awards
after squats threw up as i was just about to reach the bathroom..

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I've thrown up a lot but i've always been outside or near a trash can.

No funny stories here though :(

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i have a bad knee. but nobody at my gym knows that. so with like 115 on the squat, i was repping and my knee gave out. i fell and got stuck on the power rack. it was bad. funny now, not so much then.
OH DANG... that sucks... but i know what you mean. i look back at this afternoon and just shake my head- i looked like a moron!

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
i did it today.

kneeling on an incline bench, chest down on the pad, for some modified delts work...

knees were sweating and that damn vinyl...

slipped right off that F-ing bench and fell sideways... landed on my side and elbow. probably made a girly sound too, but had my headphones in so i didnt hear it at least.

God hates me. :redeemerwhore:
LOL

I smashed my face one time doing D.B. chest press. I have horrible elbows from a car accident (Left Side) and then slipping in the shower (Right Side). So one day i was doing chest with my buddy, he is spotting me and we are all good. All of a sudden a piece of tail walks in and of course, he is looking at her and not me. I figured my chest is strong enough for it, so i pushed the weight up calling my elbow's pussies. My Elbows then gave me a big "**** You" and both came falling down and smashed my face. Fyi these where 90lb D.B. and I went to the hospital.

That right there sucks.

grippednrippd

grippednrippd

Awards
LoL probably a few days ago when I went on the eliptical just to watch this blondes ass jiggle (she was about 5'6, 130 lbs skinny with all hips and ass I was in love at first sight) and im giggling like a school girl cuz I just finished my workout from after an 11 hour shift at work and was dead tired and some silly song was on the radio. Well she glanced in the side mirror and noticed me then proceeds to turn around and catch me eye ****ing her booty n "ughed" me..... haven't seen her in at the same time lately haha, thing is I dont care and i'd eye rail here again. If only I had my phone with me, im sure you all would understand.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
LoL probably a few days ago when I went on the eliptical just to watch this blondes ass jiggle (she was about 5'6, 130 lbs skinny with all hips and ass I was in love at first sight) and im giggling like a school girl cuz I just finished my workout from after an 11 hour shift at work and was dead tired and some silly song was on the radio. Well she glanced in the side mirror and noticed me then proceeds to turn around and catch me eye ****ing her booty n "ughed" me..... haven't seen her in at the same time lately haha, thing is I dont care and i'd eye rail here again. If only I had my phone with me, im sure you all would understand.
Lol

Great post and all, but Im sorry to say, I hate you. You live in the greateast City/state known to man and you support the RedSox. Thats Blasphemy. Join us, we are 20x better than the RedSox.

Fyi for all you non baseball watchers, Yankee's 27 World Series wins, Red Sox 7.

manicstudio

Awards
After eating some of my homemade beef 3bean chilli during work b4 I workouted...I ripped a loud one whille doin heavy t-bar rows on tha padded stand one....was so embarrassed that I just blocked it out my mind...luckily ppl weren't n that row...but were behind me but not directly...I just played it coo

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol

Great post and all, but Im sorry to say, I hate you. You live in the greateast City/state known to man and you support the RedSox. Thats Blasphemy. Join us, we are 20x better than the RedSox.

Fyi for all you non baseball watchers, Yankee's 27 World Series wins, Red Sox 7.
being a yankees fan is the most embarrassing thing u've ever done...derek jeter and i are enemies

most embarassing thing....when going to use an adjustable incline bench i was trying to adjust the incline...the pin wouldn't budge, i was pulling, kicking, twisting...wasn't happening....so i moved to another bench...two minutes later a small female comes....boom no problem moving adjusting it

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Dont hate because we're the best =)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont hate because we're the best =)
Don't worry i hate on baseball in general but mostly the yankees...even if they were terrible i'd still hate derek jeter with a passion...i hate notre dame too and they haven't done anything good in like 15 years

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Where do u live

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
poped myself in the chin with the ez curl bar doin wide grip upright rows, almost put my lights out :)

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I went to the gym one day with my brother. I had been recovering from a stomach bug, but I wanted to workout. So about a quarter way in we are doing machine fly's. As I was repping, I threw up, but caught it in my mouth. I preceded to haul ass threw the gym. I made it out of the front door and opened the flood gate on a plant, right outside the door...as people were walking in. The owner is just standing behind the counter watching me.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was about to do some skull crushers on a bench a few years ago but I didn't realize that instead of both legs of the bench being perpendicular to the ground, only one leg was perpendicular while the other was angled at 45 degrees towards the middle of the bench for some reason (who the hell designed this thing?).

So under the bench instead of the legs being like | | they were like | /

Well, my head was on the end that was over the angled leg, so when I brought the weight back, the whole thing went back. I kinda realized I was falling backwards so I kept the weight over me and under control, but a bunch of dudes ran over to see if I was okay. I was completely fine, a little embarrassed, but mostly I was confused as to why the hell someone would design a workout bench like that.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Many years ago, my first time in a gym, I was talking to one of the trainers about a membership. I went ahead and signed up and then was showed how everything works. I was in regular street clothes so everyone new I was brand new. The trainer had me get on a treadmill and jog, then started talking to me. I turned my head to look at him and flew right off the back(landed on my stomach and chin)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About five or six years ago I was doing some HIIT while watching an Eagles game. I got excited during a big play and somehow managed to land one foot half off of the tread mill while in mid stride of a sprint. I damn near tipped over the treadmill while trying to catch myself, lol.

Could have been worse though...

There's tons of these out there and I laugh every time I see any of them :toofunny:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I'm new to the gym thing, but most embarrassing so far is there is this one hot chick who works out in my gym at about 3am, she runs on the readmill for about an hour. Since I am lifting and doing no cardio, I decide what the heck, and hop on the treadmill next to her. I chat for a bit, maybe 10 mins or so, and start to get out of breath. I think my speed was slower than hers. I eventually gave up and pretended to do interval training for like 1 interval then left. lol.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'm new to the gym thing, but most embarrassing so far is there is this one hot chick who works out in my gym at about 3am, she runs on the readmill for about an hour. Since I am lifting and doing no cardio, I decide what the heck, and hop on the treadmill next to her. I chat for a bit, maybe 10 mins or so, and start to get out of breath. I think my speed was slower than hers. I eventually gave up and pretended to do interval training for like 1 interval then left. lol.
Women are tough when it comes to cardio.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn deadlift gas :) too much pushing

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
blah.

you guys can stay in the American League with your DH and your fantastic all star teams...

i bleed Dodger Blue.

p.s. BoSox thanks for Manny... he may be a handful, but he's OUR handful :)

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
tripped on a damn lat pull down bar someone carelessly laid on the ground.
right in front of a few really hot girls.
i managed to play it off a little bit lol

chaser103

Awards
I ripped a loud fart while squatting, stopped and looked around and notice everyone staring at me. I was also wearing my headphones so I had no idea how loud it was, but judging from everyone staring..... it registered high on the richter scale.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
I was barbell curling 155 lbs and I have high BP so sometimes it affects my workouts. This time it did lol.. So I get it for a few good reps, then I start getting a throbbing pain in my head.. my vision goes dark... but I'm still conscious. I can feel my legs start to wobble but for some reason I can't let go of the bar, my hands are frozen shut. Next thing I see is the light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. I realize I've just passed out and now I'm lying flat on my back.. thankfully I had a spotter and he grabbed the weight when I blacked out.

People were concerned if I was ok or not, but I was definitely more embarrassed than hurt.

And on another day I was doing calf raises in the squat rack. I was using a wooden box to stand on the edge of while working calves. Well the box only had a 3 sided base, one of the base sides was missing and I didn't notice until too late. I had 225 on the bar and I stepped up to start my workout and bc the box was off balance from the missing piece it immediately flipped up in the air, nailed me in the shins so hard it broke the skin, that surprised me and threw me off balance.. next thing I know I'm face planting with 225 still straddling my neck because I couldn't stay upright after getting hit in the shins.

johnstump

Awards

When i first started workin out i went with a friend who had 2 more friends already at the gym. they were throwing around a 12 pound medicine ball and for some reason it didnt cross my mind this ball isnt as heavy as a basketball lol. he threw the ball to me near my chest and all i did was put my hands up didnt brace myself at all. ( i was about 145 lbs at the time) it nearly knocked me on my butt.

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
this ones not about me.
i was spotting my friend as he was doing seated behind the neck presses. on his like 5th rep he lowered right onto his head, hard. he proceeded to put it back up and continue to just do straght military presses, in front of the head. this time putting it up he popped himself in the chin. Just a giant funny failure as a set.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Years ago I was at the gym and did a killer leg day, I was a little over zealous and decided to do one last set of deep squats, I was going for high reps with very little weight on the bar, just tryin to get a nice thick pump on at the end of the workout, after my legs were totally fatigued, about the 8th or 9th rep I fell over backwards onto the floor, it was pretty embarrassing even though there were only 1 or 2 guys in the gym at the time.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
wow some of these are way worse than mine LOL

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
The worse I can recall is when I was a newbie, I remember one time I was benching a paltry 140 without collars and without a spot. I failed lockout on the last rep and racked it crooked, and the plates on the bottom side fell off lol!

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Dropped 305 on my chest one day while benching. I had an old injury(left shoulder dislocated) that occasionally pops out on it`s own. It happened so fast my spotter couldn`t do much but slow it down. Bounced off me and hurt like a bitch but I survived.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
The worse I can recall is when I was a newbie, I remember one time I was benching a paltry 140 without collars and without a spot. I failed lockout on the last rep and racked it crooked, and the plates on the bottom side fell off lol!
My friend did this with 115lbs when we were juniors in HS. Except I was standing on the side of the bar that the weights fell off.... Next thing I know I got smashed in the face with the bar as it flew back in the air. Lost my front teeth... Was pretty embarrassing with the entire weightlifting team watching as I scraped my tooth dust off the bar.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
My friend did this with 115lbs when we were juniors in HS. Except I was standing on the side of the bar that the weights fell off.... Next thing I know I got smashed in the face with the bar as it flew back in the air. Lost my front teeth... Was pretty embarrassing with the entire weightlifting team watching as I scraped my tooth dust off the bar.

Sorry, but ROFL ;)

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but ROFL ;)

No worries, even my coach was laughing a little when he knew I was ok.
But I definitely wasn't the four hours I was in the dentists chair lol..

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Sprayed myself in the eye with hairspray last week. Arms were shakey post-workout...

Not the worst, but the lamest thing I've done recently.
Lamest thing you done recently was using hair spray right?

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
No worries, even my coach was laughing a little when he knew I was ok.
But I definitely wasn't the four hours I was in the dentists chair lol..
That blows though tbh. I trust that you made up a sweet story for how it happened right? Bear Mauling is my story of choice for injuries.

grippednrippd

grippednrippd

Awards
Hell no I wont root for the team of all evil. Sox all the way. And BTW hot booty girl was back today.... kinda creeps me out that she wears the same outfit everytime and her friend is a hideous troll, I lol'ed again

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
On a squat till failure day I repped out with 555 for a sh!t load of reps . After allowing the spotter bars to catch hthe weight upon failure I projectile vommited NO explode all over the rack and the mirror, then passed out in a crumpled mess inside the rack.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Thats what you get with No explode and Vapor. I threw both up doing stadiums in high school.

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
That was the only time I ever spewed with either, never had a problem. Although, i dont find either as effective by themeselves as Muscle Marinade, NO Shotgun, or AnState. Didnt matter what I drank that day, it was coming up!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
In my last bulk I was doing heavy 5x5 training leg press 900 lbs legs down far enough you can lick your knees... Well on my 3rd set and somewhere around my 3rd rep I guess I was tensed up so much that I "sharted" in my pants a little lol. Farts are quite common for me but that day I guess I just didn't unload enough before I started my workout....

Luckly that was a small gym and I was pretty much done with my workout anyways so I made it out of there without anyone noticing lol.