most embarrassing thing you've done in the gym?...

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
not something i did, but equally as embarrassing...

the other day there was this dude at my gym, maybe 125 soaking wet, and he was doing 15lb db curls, rockin' the full-on hardcore weight belt, headband (across and covering his eyebrows?), and... wait for it....

elbow pads.

the kind that you see some rollerbladers on the boardwalk wearing.

i need to get some of those glasses with the hidden cam in 'em.
That guy is my new hero.

NapoleanComp

Awards
Back when I was a 15-year-old 115lb-er, I was leg pressing some weight I probably had no business trying to press, my legs gave way, and the weight came crashing down, hitting the guard rail. I get up, of course acting like it must have been the machine's fault, and about three or four yoked meatheads from my high school come rushing over and start trying to drive their shoulders up into the machine and push the weight back up into the starting position. After a minute of playing along, I mentioned that we should probably just take the weights off.

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
There's 2
1) Running intervals on a treadmill, next to a piece of a$$, hit the button to go to the sprint phase, except I cant get my eyes off her chest, I punch my foot into the space between the track and the frame and fall flat on my face (Chin bouncing off the mill), get spit put into the stair climber behind me

2) Buddy of mine's girl teaches spinning dares us to take a class with her....SO stupidly we say Ok. We get to what she calls the "sprint", going full blast when I accidentally tip the damn thing over causing a domino effect with the friggin bikes next to me , took out like 4 people, all pissed. Last time we "spun"

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
That spin class story is freaking great.

I've had a lot of moments in the gym. I bang my shins almost weekly on hammer strength equipment.

When I was about 17, I got stuck on a bench and had to be rescued.

When I was 21, a buddy and I worked out midnights. A handfull of huge dudes were always there, and I felt embarassed just lifting close to them. One of them asked me to spot him on db presses once, and I thought there was no way I could help him if he got stuck. Anyway, one night, and I'm not 100% sure how this happened, wheter we forgot a plate on one side or if the bar wasnt sitting right, but I pulled a bar off the rack for a squat and the old plates fall off one side then flies into the air as the other side slides off thing happened. My buddy, the spotter, wasn't even looking when this started to happen. The plates crashed lout as ****, and all of these huge dudes just stop what they're doing and look right at us. It was terrible. I started picking up the weights and chewing my friend out, trying not to make eye contact with anyone else in the gym.

Also, for some reason running on the treadmill makes me bust ass the whole time I'm on it. Even for 30 minute runs. I've chased people away with this, and with headphones on I have no idea if I'm at least quiet about it.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
This is one of the greatest threads in AM history!

xxjoker122

Awards
doing a squat then my frieand pulls my shorts off nude and all there was nothing i could do....................................

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
Buddy of mine $hit himself squatting heavy once...pretty damn funny

CAM300

Awards
Farted on the godamn leg-press! 4 plates on each side (which isn't much), doing nice reps, on my 8th rep, as I was pushing the weight up, I let one go by accident! Loud as HELL!

brownchoclit

brownchoclit

Awards
i've farted loud accidently mid-set once or twice and this one time....in band camp...hehe i got my spotter to stand in front of me while i was doing curls and i had a big ball of snut fly out mid-set...bad cold that day...very very embarrsing arrgh!!

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Some awesome stuff in here, lol.

One time, I took the EZ curl bar from the preacher "bench" and had no collars on it, with a 25 and a 10 on each side(was going to start skullcrushers on the flat bench). I chose the bench next to the hot chick of the day and when I started to sit down with the bar in in my hands, I tilted too much and the 25 and 10 came off and almost landed straight on her tiny foot. I laughed, she left >_>

And on the farting ones... the only really bad one I had was at our colleges gym. I had the dude that worked there spotting for me on squats and apparently I hadn't cleaned out enough or I ate too many tummy torpedos, I was on my 7th rep or so when I started to come back up and let a huge one rip. My spotter then walked away and watched from 10 feet away. I can't blame him though, it was a BAD one.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Shadow, you just reminded me of another one. I was taking a 25 or 35 off of the tree once and didn't notice the ten sitting in front of it. It came straight down on top of my foot. Pretty sure it broke a bone.

alih92

Awards
So i was squatting right...and there's an old guy (60 y/o) on the squat rack next to me...and I don't think anything of it so I ask him to spot me...(this was on monday).

I come in wednesday and I see the same guy and he asks me if I'm squatting and I'm like yeah, he's like cool dude, if you need a spotter, I'll spot you...so I'm with friends and I'm asking them to spot me and they're doing supersets (with machines on the polar distances of the gym) so the dude sees me and runs over and asks me if I need spotting, he spots me (NOW I GET CREEPED OUT). THEN, when I'm done with my set he asks me if I'm doing deadlifts!!?!?!? Now I realize what is going on and it hit me like a freight train, (we have mirrors in front of the squat racks...and I saw the dude looking at my ass the entire time >___<)

On friday, as soon as I go into the gym, I notice the guy in the squat rack, I don't make eye contact but he sees me, and runs over to spot me and I'm like yeah I'm not doing squats today. ****ing pedo, I made a complaint, but gym never did ****, now I just go at a different time...can't squat anyways (knee injury).

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I have a bad habit of standing up after lat pulldowns and hitting my head on the bar, yesterday the end of the bar went right into my left temple. It was awesome.

UPDATE:did it again today.

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
I was spotting one of the powerlifters I know on a set of squats, and the guy farted like 6 times while I was spotting him. I was too disgusted to even say anything, and pretended nothing happened XP

NapoleanComp

Awards
I was doing curls with a slight cold and sneezed before I could cover up the nose. Next thing I know, this hot girl in front of me has a nice green blob on the back of her shoulder. God damn, I was awkward in high school.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I was doing curls with a slight cold and sneezed before I could cover up the nose. Next thing I know, this hot girl in front of me has a nice green blob on the back of her shoulder. God damn, I was awkward in high school.
LOL

Smooooth

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I have a bad habit of standing up after lat pulldowns and hitting my head on the bar, yesterday the end of the bar went right into my left temple. It was awesome.
theres like 4 or 5 lat pulldown machines right next to eachother, its a damn gauntlet to walk through the area without cracking your skull lol

sub001

Awards
when I first started training I could barely bench the bar.
Haha, don't feel bad, neither could I. Thank god my gym is accepting of newbies. It's when you finally start progressing that they harass you. "Come on man! bench that bar! you'll get it keep trying!!"

Which turns into:

"You're not benching 350 yet? How did it feel when your vagina appeared? Maybe you should just quit at life. I'm proud of you, if I was this big of an embarrassment I wouldn't even be able to show face here" lol.

Ession

Awards
Haha these were so funny. Here's my contribution.

I'm at my school gym and I'm doing skull crushers. I'm resting for a bit, sitting on the bench looking down, the ez curl bar is RIGHT behind the bench that I'm sitting at.

So I go to do my next set , lift the bar and get in posiion and as Im mid way into the first rep the weights fall off and slam on the floor! (two 25s and two 10s) and the whole gym turns around and stares at me.

I was so embarassed. But I can't believe someone stole my pins while I was in the middle of using the dang bar!

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Haha these were so funny. Here's my contribution.

I'm at my school gym and I'm doing skull crushers. I'm resting for a bit, sitting on the bench looking down, the ez curl bar is RIGHT behind the bench that I'm sitting at.

So I go to do my next set , lift the bar and get in posiion and as Im mid way into the first rep the weights fall off and slam on the floor! (two 25s and two 10s) and the whole gym turns around and stares at me.

I was so embarassed. But I can't believe someone stole my pins while I was in the middle of using the dang bar!

LOL, that's pretty ghetto :p

I got a new one: I was doing one-leg presses with the highest I've done (510 and whatever the sled weighs) and got 4 on my left leg, and on my 3rd rep for my right, I went too far back couldn't get it back up. So it came down all the way, and hit my frikkin left knee. So I'm sitting there with a sled ontop of me and 3 guys sitting having a convo not 2 feet from me. I got myself out and nobody said a word, lol.

I stopped doing presses and moved to squats :p

sub001

Awards
New one. I had to do chest today extra early before work so my usual gym buddies weren't there. I've been having a shoulder problem I'm getting seen for this week so I was taking it light. I asked a random guy for a spot on bench for 225x5 and got like 3 clean, 4 barely, and needed assist on 5. Afterwards I thanked the guy and he said which ones I got all by myself and I was like "yeah man, thanks, I usually can get it and can close grip like double that, but my shoulder has been messed up...blah blah" just making small talk and explaining the shoulder and he replied "you don't have to impress me bro", and walked away. Felt like an ass after that haha.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I was pumping out some clean and jerks one time and I wasn't maxing out, but going pretty heavy for 5 reps. It was at the YMCA and they're pretty adamant about the "don't drop your weights" clause. So I repped out 4 with relative ease, and I had a great rhythm going. I pumped out the 5th clean easily, and when I went to press it I lost balance at the top, dropped the bar and doved forward to duck and get out of the way. Needless to say all of the staff came running in to reprimand me. A guy that was probably 50 came to ask me what happnened and I slyly told him the bar slipped out. He then offered me some chalk as he laughed and walked away.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Totally forgot about this one, until I read someone else's bench story. My most embarassing moment happened in my "home gym" when I was like 14. So I had one of those makeshift weigh sets with a bar for bench, pushdowns, leg extensions, etc. Swear to anything my grandpa got it from the Japs in WWII. Anyway, I got to the point where I could load up all the plates we had on the bar and bench it. Needless to say, the heaviest of these plates weighed 15 lbs., but I counted them like they all weighed 45. I even put paint cans on the end of each side for more weight, mostly because I saw that one scene from Unbreakable when Bruce Willis does it. When I was about to pump out my mock 500 lb. press, my hot neighbor walks in. So I play it up and pump one out, but there wasn't room for clamps so the weights started falling off. That, however, was only the beginning. Thank God she left after that, because I was thinking about how much I wanted to hump her leg that I started only unloading one side of the 25lb. bar. When I had unloaded too much, the bar teeter tottered up, nailed me in the jaw, and crashed to the floor. At least I can boast a 500lb. bench at 14.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
I got one more for you all, didn't happen to me, but I was there and it was awesome.

Ok, It's me and a few buddies, Tj and Fat Boy Jared. We went to Tj's gym in his condo. I was doing DB chest presses and Jared wanted to try it. Pretty much he failed the first one, and went to drop the weight to the floor. He forgot that he left the heavier DB's on the floor that he wasnt able to do. His ring finger on his right hand got caught in between the two handles of the dumbbells. The tip of his finger popped off, shooting blood everywhere. Me and tj got covered in blood and he was running around saying something along the lines of "Jesus loves me this i know".

We rushed him to the hospital, yes he lost the top part of his finger. The next day security found the other part of his finger.

wicknilly

Awards
was doing hammer strength chest presses and didn't realize that my shorts were ripped in the crotch. several people walked by and looked at me funny, but im a pretty big dude and was going very heavy so i thought they were just looking at that. it wasnt until 2 girls walked by and started giggling that i looked down and noticed my junk was hanging out completely - balls included. embarrassing as hell but fortunately my soldier was hanging well that day, lol

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
Not me but one I saw, a few weeks ago...

For Beginners NEVER GET OFF THE ASSISTED PULLUP/DIP MACHINE AT THE BOTTOM!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One day on a crazy busy day in the gym, after doing my sets of DB curls I went to return them to the rack. I felt a big sneeze coming on, but tried to hold back til I got the weights back in the rack. FAIL- blew thick snot all over the back of the head of the biggest baldest dude in the gym.

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
One day on a crazy busy day in the gym, after doing my sets of DB curls I went to return them to the rack. I felt a big sneeze coming on, but tried to hold back til I got the weights back in the rack. FAIL- blew thick snot all over the back of the head of the biggest baldest dude in the gym.
hahah that's great

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
20+ rep on ATG squats at then end of a workset.

i was all the way in the hole, literally touching the ground and feel backwards on my butt.

only 1 or 2 chicks on treadmills seen it. i just overhead pressed it and stood up.

lol.

i would have love to seen a vid of it.

aSKINNYkid

aSKINNYkid

Awards
I workout at home because just stepping into the gym is pretty embarrassing.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
My cousin told me the other day that he took a yoga class to see what it was like after a long workout and had really, really bad smelling feet. The woman behind him was immersed in his foot odor the entire time. When it was nearly over he had worked up quite a bit of gas and on literally the last exercise he blew a massive fart right in the poor woman's face and everyone laughed OUT LOUD at him...

Now that's bad...

Ray Luv

Awards
My shizz-nit is ridiculously embarrassing but I'll tell it anyway. Went the the gym and was focused as always. Had some gas but nothing unusual. Half way through workout had to #2. Left bathroom & instantly felt better. I kept hearing a crumbling sound behind me and as I turned the corner it got louder. I heard some 1 laugh but never gave it a second thought. I hurried back to my station & was happy. My weight and towel was untouched. Sat down and heard crumble crumble crumble again & again. Reached behind me and almost passed out from embarrassment. i had been dragging a toilet seat cover around. the **** cover was hanging from my shorts. First time in yearz Ive told that story. Can anybody top that? LMAO!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Nothing too serious but I spilt my shorts right down the back while doing squats.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
My shizz-nit is ridiculously embarrassing but I'll tell it anyway. Went the the gym and was focused as always. Had some gas but nothing unusual. Half way through workout had to #2. Left bathroom & instantly felt better. I kept hearing a crumbling sound behind me and as I turned the corner it got louder. I heard some 1 laugh but never gave it a second thought. I hurried back to my station & was happy. My weight and towel was untouched. Sat down and heard crumble crumble crumble again & again. Reached behind me and almost passed out from embarrassment. i had been dragging a toilet seat cover around. the **** cover was hanging from my shorts. First time in yearz Ive told that story. Can anybody top that? LMAO!
Hahaha. How the hell did you not realize that? :p

mav6

mav6

Awards
Eh, I've thrown up more than a few times, but I've never really been embarrassed about it. Tire flips then jump in and out often result in a few tumbles since as you get tired you get sloppy and catch your foot on the edge.

Embarrassing though, I was working up to my max, 2 lifts out, I clean 100 kilos, go for the jerk, and to this day I have no idea how I did this and no memory of it, but apparently I slammed the bar into my chin on the way up. I nailed the jerk, I'm guessing unconsciously because I don't remember it all, and then instead of recovering from the split jerk, I just collapsed on the platform out cold. My coach said I completed the split jerk though, so there's a win in the column for muscle memory, but the next day I had a swollen bruise across my jaw that lasted for a week. And of course, I have to hear about it from my friends to this day.

lemon

Awards
one day training for shot put it was just me and 2 other throwers in the gym ( it was a saturday ) and the girls shot put team had there whole team meet there that day and work out in the back. im on the squat rack and put on weight that i knew i for sure could get...but my stomach felt other wise, i get down for the first squat when i had to fart sooooo bad it completely broke my focus, and i fell forward with the weight ( it had safteys ) as this happened 2 girls walked in, then i let out the biggest fart ive ever done.....i was embaressed

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
one day training for shot put it was just me and 2 other throwers in the gym ( it was a saturday ) and the girls shot put team had there whole team meet there that day and work out in the back. im on the squat rack and put on weight that i knew i for sure could get...but my stomach felt other wise, i get down for the first squat when i had to fart sooooo bad it completely broke my focus, and i fell forward with the weight ( it had safteys ) as this happened 2 girls walked in, then i let out the biggest fart ive ever done.....i was embaressed
If there's one thing I've learned it's the fact that the odds of farting are as follows:

Need to fart - will to not fart X weight X women in the vicinity = Odds of fart

Grizzly Adams

Awards
Most embarassing moments for me were every night for about a straight week. Typical Monday, arms day, I had 6 plates on the Isolateral chest press. Finished with the machine for a moment and I see this old guy come up the stairs, Vietnam Vet hat on, looks like your average Grandpa. Walks up to the machine and I noticed him looking at the weight like he was waiting for something to happen and I'm like sir you want some help taking that weight off and he tells me he's fine. Scrawny, decrepit looking man....He adds 2 plates to each side and just goes to work. Everyone in the free weight area notices this too and we're all like how the **** is this guy doing this? I asked him a few minutes later and...well a summary of why he can iso chest press 10 damn plates is simply " Science". I couldnt even bring myself to get back on the machine after that.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
when I first started training I could barely bench the bar.
Neither could I...in fact I still can't bench the bar. I like to overcompensate by grunting as I'm doing push-ups.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
The most embarrassing thing I've ever done in a gym?

Hm, before I got my cert. as a trainer, or my CSCS, or basically did any research on lifting. I once used a smith machine.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok not so much embarassing but funny. I was about to do squats. I shake the bar a lot before I squat to pump myself. Well this time I did it so much it sent a 5 pound plate flying. It wouldnt have been that bad but there was a guy next to me doing power cleans. He didnt seem to mind. Later that week I worked arms with him.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Most embarassing moments for me were every night for about a straight week. Typical Monday, arms day, I had 6 plates on the Isolateral chest press. Finished with the machine for a moment and I see this old guy come up the stairs, Vietnam Vet hat on, looks like your average Grandpa. Walks up to the machine and I noticed him looking at the weight like he was waiting for something to happen and I'm like sir you want some help taking that weight off and he tells me he's fine. Scrawny, decrepit looking man....He adds 2 plates to each side and just goes to work. Everyone in the free weight area notices this too and we're all like how the **** is this guy doing this? I asked him a few minutes later and...well a summary of why he can iso chest press 10 damn plates is simply " Science". I couldnt even bring myself to get back on the machine after that.
Bio-engineered super soldier. I knew they were real.

PhREAK

PhREAK

Awards
After eating some of my homemade beef 3bean chilli during work b4 I workouted...I ripped a loud one whille doin heavy t-bar rows on tha padded stand one....was so embarrassed that I just blocked it out my mind...luckily ppl weren't n that row...but were behind me but not directly...I just played it coo
that 'coo' just made the story for me haha

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
shot a green one out my nose benching and farted too many times to count. I really dont get embarassed...i love the smell of my own farts.