what do you guys think?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. what do you guys think?


    sup guys?
    look, i training ~2 year and from begining till now i trained 5days/week monday chest, tues back, wed off, thur legs, fri shoulders, sat arms.. sure i changed exercises time to time, and did chest with triceps, back with biceps ect, but mostly one bodypart per day 5days/week.. i can tell my strength going up pretty well, but that view in the mirror does not changes..
    Can it be due my diet, coz i started eat cleen only 1 and half month ago, or i need change my workout to totally diferent one?


  2. i thinking to try monday pull, wednesday push, friday legs.. any one tried this any good for size?
    •   
       


  3. Work with a full body routine. There's a few problems I have with splits like that, but if you're a natural lifter then five straight days is going to cause your endocrine system to overload and produce a lot of catabolic hormones in place of their natural anabolic hormones; this alone will cause a quicker plateau.

    Perform each movement with lower volume and more weight once every four - five days. I would look into something like the conjugate method, DC, or HST.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  4. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Work with a full body routine. There's a few problems I have with splits like that, but if you're a natural lifter then five straight days is going to cause your endocrine system to overload and produce a lot of catabolic hormones in place of their natural anabolic hormones; this alone will cause a quicker plateau.

    Perform each movement with lower volume and more weight once every four - five days. I would look into something like the conjugate method, DC, or HST.
    i don't wana do full body, coz few big guys said if you wana be big you have to do splits, they said full body is more for beginers..
    but i don't wana do splits either..
    what do you think of that:

    monday bench press 3x6-12
    flys 3x8-12
    shaoulder press 3x6-12
    side lat 3x8-12
    weighted dips 3x 6-12
    skulls 3x 6-12

    tuesday squat 4x 8-12
    bb rows 3x8-12
    pull ups 3x 12
    bb curls 3x 6-12
    hammer curls 3x 8-12

    wednesday off

    thursday incline press 3x6-12
    cable crosovers 3x10-12
    db front raises 3x8-12
    wide grip upright rows 3x8-12
    cable pushdowns 3x 8-12
    one arm ower head db ext 3x8-12

    friday leg press 4x 8-12
    deadlifts 5x5
    pullups 3x12
    db curls 3x6-12
    rewerse grip cable curls 3x 6-12

    sat off
    sun off

    does this make any sence?

  5. Too many isolations. The big guys are most likely steroid users. Contrary to what they said, studies have shown lower volume:higher frequency to be better for mass for natural lifters. That's how splits came into training - steroids. Take a look at the size of powerlifters. Size is determined by calories.

    All of those isolations results in slower progress on your big lifts and imbalances in a lot of muscle groups, plus all of that time you'd be spending in the gym will release a lot more catabolic hormones. Bodybuilders do not have to worry about this because of steroid use.

    First thing about split routines is the fact that you hammer a single muscle and then do not train it again for a week, there are a lot wrong with this.

    1- Spreading the volume out over the week you have more chances to progress, you recuperate faster, and you focus more on the bigger lifts.

    2- Imbalance is caused by too much focus on a specific muscle group in comparison to their antagonist. Rotator cuff injuries are higher in bodybuilders than any other sport relative to weightlifting.

    3- Muscle grows through food and overload. It is easier to overload a muscle while training is with less volume, so that the lifts are able to progress faster.

    I would look into either:

    1- the 5/3/1 routine
    2- Westside (the conjugate method)
    3- Hypertrophy Specific Training
    4- Doggcrap training
    5- An upper/lower split

    Monday - Horizontal Maintenance | Vertical Emphasis
    1- Bench Press
    2- Barbell Row
    3- Press
    4- Pullup

    Tuesday- Quad Emphasis | Posterior Chain Maintenance
    1- Front Squat
    2- Deadlift
    3- Lunges
    4- Core

    Thursday- Vertical Emphasis | Horizontal Maintenance
    1- Press
    2- Pullup
    3- Bench Press
    4- Barbell Row

    Friday- Posterior Chain Emphasis | Quad Maintenance
    1- Squat
    2- GHR
    3- Lunges
    4- Core

    Those routines will do far more for you than a split intended for a roided out bodybuilder that claims the existence of anatomical proven non-exist muscles, coupled with being genetic freaks that would grow from walking up a set of stairs.

    Get your lifts up and eat big, that is how muscle is built.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  6. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Too many isolations. The big guys are most likely steroid users. Contrary to what they said, studies have shown lower volume:higher frequency to be better for mass for natural lifters. That's how splits came into training - steroids. Take a look at the size of powerlifters. Size is determined by calories.

    All of those isolations results in slower progress on your big lifts and imbalances in a lot of muscle groups, plus all of that time you'd be spending in the gym will release a lot more catabolic hormones. Bodybuilders do not have to worry about this because of steroid use.

    First thing about split routines is the fact that you hammer a single muscle and then do not train it again for a week, there are a lot wrong with this.

    1- Spreading the volume out over the week you have more chances to progress, you recuperate faster, and you focus more on the bigger lifts.

    2- Imbalance is caused by too much focus on a specific muscle group in comparison to their antagonist. Rotator cuff injuries are higher in bodybuilders than any other sport relative to weightlifting.

    3- Muscle grows through food and overload. It is easier to overload a muscle while training is with less volume, so that the lifts are able to progress faster.

    I would look into either:

    1- the 5/3/1 routine
    2- Westside (the conjugate method)
    3- Hypertrophy Specific Training
    4- Doggcrap training
    5- An upper/lower split

    Monday - Horizontal Maintenance | Vertical Emphasis
    1- Bench Press
    2- Barbell Row
    3- Press
    4- Pullup

    Tuesday- Quad Emphasis | Posterior Chain Maintenance
    1- Front Squat
    2- Deadlift
    3- Lunges
    4- Core

    Thursday- Vertical Emphasis | Horizontal Maintenance
    1- Press
    2- Pullup
    3- Bench Press
    4- Barbell Row

    Friday- Posterior Chain Emphasis | Quad Maintenance
    1- Squat
    2- GHR
    3- Lunges
    4- Core

    Those routines will do far more for you than a split intended for a roided out bodybuilder that claims the existence of anatomical proven non-exist muscles, coupled with being genetic freaks that would grow from walking up a set of stairs.

    Get your lifts up and eat big, that is how muscle is built.
    thanks mate. i may do this routine wich you layed out..
    question; what means press you mean shoulder press? and what means GHR?

  7. Press = overhead press.

    GHR = glute/ham raise.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  8. see, im all for 3 day training mass programs, but i dont get sore on them other than legs. i need to have flat and bench and flys on one day to feel anything ya know? sure if i wanna break a peak ill do 5x5, but i hardly ever have peaks cause i change my routine up so much but its the same outline. i also incorporate the 5x5 once a week to keep high strength gains. i will prob go to 5x5 this summer when i have time. i just cant workout every saturday or wednesday which doesnt allow me to do any of these so i do the bodybuilding routine
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  9. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    see, im all for 3 day training mass programs, but i dont get sore on them other than legs. i need to have flat and bench and flys on one day to feel anything ya know? sure if i wanna break a peak ill do 5x5, but i hardly ever have peaks cause i change my routine up so much but its the same outline. i also incorporate the 5x5 once a week to keep high strength gains. i will prob go to 5x5 this summer when i have time. i just cant workout every saturday or wednesday which doesnt allow me to do any of these so i do the bodybuilding routine
    This is what I'm talking about. There are no good reasons to do flies, unless you have an injury or something preventing you from benching.

    Isolation movements are made for the synergists that are not prime movers of a lift. Examples are biceps, calves, tibialis anterior, abs, lateral deltoids, posterior deltoids, forearms, triceps, and so forth. If your chest isn't adequately growing from bench presses alone you either:

    1- Aren't benching heavy enough, so continue getting stronger
    2- Aren't eating enough
    3- Aren't eating clean enough to notice LBM gains
    4- Your technique sucks

    Muscle grows from progressive overload. How do you expect to make continuous gains on an isolation exercise like flies? You could easily add mass quicker with bench presses at the compromise of no plateaus, but you cannot say the same about flies.

    Once you get your bench up to 1.5x your bodyweight or more, I could see a reason for looking for accessories to your chest, but there are far better exercises than flies. How many powerlifters do you see using flies?
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  10. i disagree, flys are essential in developing a full chest. you have to hit a muscle group from a variety of angles and methods to devlop it fully. thinking a full chest can only be achieved through pressess is a big mistake. i do beleive pressess are essential and cant be beat but flys are just as important, so are pullovers and dips.

    i do agree with the big guys however, they are on the roids, but there is logic to their trainnig and even though i am not a roid user i have gotten pretty damn big with a split.when i comes to size i would never advocate a full body routine.

    i believe in low volume high intensity workouts, short in lenght, 30-40 minutes no longer. only three exercises per body part and your done heavy and intense working the muscle beyond failure.

    even just as important as the trainning is the amount of rest you get. i am so sore after every single workout that sometimes i just take the next day off to make sure my muscle arent being over worked. theres a big difference in recovery and growth. when you work a muscle too much it wears down you CNS and IS and those have to heal too causing less growth and more time recovering.

    My routine would look something like this
    Monday: chest
    Half on bench
    Incline Hammer
    Flys

    Tuesday: OFF

    Wednesday:
    Back
    Single arm revers lat pulldowns
    Reverse grip rows
    T bar row

    Thursday: either off or delts/trapsdepending
    DB military
    Side laterals
    BEnt laters
    Reverse grip,close grip shrugs
    Revers grip wide grip shrugs

    Friday: either off or arms
    BB curl
    Incline curl
    Single arm preacher
    V bar press downs
    french press
    over head ext.
    writs curls
    behind rist wurls
    revers curls

    Satff or legs
    squat
    leg press
    leg ext
    leg curl
    standing calve raises
    seated caleve raises

    sunday: off

    however, the biggest part and the hardest i fell is nutrition. you need to eat to grow and that will help the most. eat eat eat eat and eat some more. this might seem odd to a beginner but after 7 years of trial and error, experimentation and research this is what i have come up with for optimal growth. i added 5 inches on my back/chest, 2 on my arms, 6 on my legs, 4 on my calves and 2.5 on my foreamrs. all in an 8 month time frame. very sick. best of luck my friend.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i disagree, flys are essential in developing a full chest. you have to hit a muscle group from a variety of angles and methods to devlop it fully. thinking a full chest can only be achieved through pressess is a big mistake. i do beleive pressess are essential and cant be beat but flys are just as important, so are pullovers and dips.
    This makes no sense. The chest is one muscle and does not need to be hit at different angles.

    i do agree with the big guys however, they are on the roids, but there is logic to their trainnig and even though i am not a roid user i have gotten pretty damn big with a split.when i comes to size i would never advocate a full body routine.
    That is just stupid. Tell that to the guys at Westside Barbell. Obviously you haven't researched anything and see how the human body works. So I'm assuming HST, DC, Westside, 5/3/1, Starr's 5x5, the Texas Method do not add mass? Tell that to those who have put 60 lbs on from them.

    Muscle grows through overload. Overload is given more opportunity with a full body routine. Full body also has more muscle building hormone benefits.

    i believe in low volume high intensity workouts, short in lenght, 30-40 minutes no longer. only three exercises per body part and your done heavy and intense working the muscle beyond failure.
    Training to failure is stupid. It is not an indicator of progress. It is nothing more than your nervous system giving you a red light.

    And you're contradicting yourself with "low volume high intensity" since that is the opposite of a split.

    even just as important as the trainning is the amount of rest you get. i am so sore after every single workout that sometimes i just take the next day off to make sure my muscle arent being over worked. theres a big difference in recovery and growth. when you work a muscle too much it wears down you CNS and IS and those have to heal too causing less growth and more time recovering.
    You obviously know nothing about the CNS. Read the dual factor theory.

    My routine would look something like this
    Monday: chest
    Half on bench
    Incline Hammer
    Flys

    Tuesday: OFF

    Wednesday:
    Back
    Single arm revers lat pulldowns
    Reverse grip rows
    T bar row

    Thursday: either off or delts/trapsdepending
    DB military
    Side laterals
    BEnt laters
    Reverse grip,close grip shrugs
    Revers grip wide grip shrugs

    Friday: either off or arms
    BB curl
    Incline curl
    Single arm preacher
    V bar press downs
    french press
    over head ext.
    writs curls
    behind rist wurls
    revers curls

    Satff or legs
    squat
    leg press
    leg ext
    leg curl
    standing calve raises
    seated caleve raises

    sunday: off

    however, the biggest part and the hardest i fell is nutrition. you need to eat to grow and that will help the most. eat eat eat eat and eat some more. this might seem odd to a beginner but after 7 years of trial and error, experimentation and research this is what i have come up with for optimal growth. i added 5 inches on my back/chest, 2 on my arms, 6 on my legs, 4 on my calves and 2.5 on my foreamrs. all in an 8 month time frame. very sick. best of luck my friend.
    The routine absolutely sucks and is terribly balanced. Have fun destroying your endocrine system and having slow and boring progress on those 100 useless exercises you named.

    Here. Actually educate yourself with this article on some of the stuff you preach rather than nag on things that are the opposite of the truth.

    Read this if you want to know why full body is better: http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...all-wrong.html
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  12. two words: Westside Mathod. i started using this method 2.5 years ago and have gone from 165-195 (body fat never over 8%), and my lifts have gone from: squat 305-550, bench 195-365, and deadlift from 450-635. and that is all natural, only supplements used was creatine 6 weeks prior to competitions (compete every 4-6 months), and a 7,000-10,000 cal./day diet.
    with that said, go with a Westside program.

  13. if you get this mad over the internet you need to delete your account. .

    stop acting like your the ultimate trainner, your small so stop giving advice like your the big man on the forum

  14. also, i wouldnt brag about your top lifts as your signature, i had those lifts years ago and im only 21. i guess my stuff doesnt work after all.....(laugh)

    delete your account

  15. Ricky, does that mean i shouldn't brag about any of my lifts either? what could you put up at 195? i only bench 355, squat 550, and deadlift 635, you probably got me beat by at least 30 lbs./lift when you were my weight. and seeing as how i'm only 195 at 6'3, does that means i don't know what im talking about either since im not huge?
    im not being an ass, i'm just having trouble following your logic with linking size to knowledge.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by walker11 View Post
    Ricky, does that mean i shouldn't brag about any of my lifts either? what could you put up at 195? i only bench 355, squat 550, and deadlift 635, you probably got me beat by at least 30 lbs./lift when you were my weight. and seeing as how i'm only 195 at 6'3, does that means i don't know what im talking about either since im not huge?
    im not being an ass, i'm just having trouble following your logic with linking size to knowledge.
    my comment's on his lifts had nothing to do with his intelligence. He said my routine was stupid, when in fact it made me stronger than him when i was 4-5 years younger. so I'm sorry if you cant follow my logic, its really black and white. i never once said you dont know what your talking about if your not huge, i said specifically to HIM, that he is acting like he knows everything about gaining mass when in fact if he did, he would be much bigger than 200 lbs. i think your 195 is great, i was there for a long time and i loved it. i just think there's a big window to break through at the 200 mark and not that many people can do it, at this time last year i thought I'd never pass 200. that's why you dont see many 250,260, 270+ guys walking around, but i do see alot of 200's, especially here in college.

    I dont think you are an ass at all. i think you took my message personally when it was directed specifically at him. if you dont agree with me that's fine, we're all different, but there's not need to do what he did and act so childish. i wouldn't take advice from someone like that.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    also, i wouldnt brag about your top lifts as your signature, i had those lifts years ago and im only 21. i guess my stuff doesnt work after all.....(laugh)

    delete your account
    How pathetic. You start attacking someones lifts because you have no arguments? You're just proof of how stupid 21 year olds can be. I didn't know, and apparently no one else on the forum knew, that Westside guys, DC guys, HST guys, and Bill Starr's guys were training wrong.

    I will not delete my account just because some punk kid spreading misinformation can't back up anything he says because some roided out genetic freak told him differently.

    If you want to prove your lifts post your video because I'm calling bull****.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  18. Quote Originally Posted by walker11 View Post
    Ricky, does that mean i shouldn't brag about any of my lifts either? what could you put up at 195? i only bench 355, squat 550, and deadlift 635, you probably got me beat by at least 30 lbs./lift when you were my weight. and seeing as how i'm only 195 at 6'3, does that means i don't know what im talking about either since im not huge?
    im not being an ass, i'm just having trouble following your logic with linking size to knowledge.
    When people don't know enough about what they're talking about to back it up they start pretending they're stronger than everyone on the forum and talks down to peoples lifts. As if that is even relevant to the subject.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  19. My fav routine would be

    Monday
    Deadlift
    Stiff Leg DL or Bent Row
    Reverse Grip Pulldown or Wide Grip
    Bicep Curl
    Some type of ab work

    Tuesday
    Overhead Press
    Upright Row
    Front DB Raise or lateral
    DB Skullcrusher
    V-bar pulldown
    Dips

    Wed-off
    Thurs
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Lunges
    Calf press
    Seated Calf raise

    Fri-
    Bench BB
    Decline BB
    Incline DB
    Flyes or Pec Dec
    Ab Work

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    When people don't know enough about what they're talking about to back it up they start pretending they're stronger than everyone on the forum and talks down to peoples lifts. As if that is even relevant to the subject.
    im surprized your 5 11' because your acting like someone with napoleon complex.

    i would much rather take advice from a farmer whos farmed his whole life than someone who reads about farming and sucks at it.

    have fun being angry silly boy

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    im surprized your 5 11' because your acting like someone with napoleon complex.

    i would much rather take advice from a farmer whos farmed his whole life than someone who reads about farming and sucks at it.

    have fun being angry silly boy
    Your logic is just as stupid at your message. You're probably some fat 15 year old that reads bodybuilder magazines. You've already shown you know nothing about training by your uneducated and ignorant comments.

    Have fun isolating all your muscles with your pink dumbells. And I'll gladly go video for video if you want to provide us with your more than 545 lb deadlift.

    The only people that train the way you recommend are the little high school turds like yourself who lifts with their ego and not their mind and body.

    Wait, no, you're not even a turd. You are less than that. You are the undigested corn that shows up in my **** after a 4th of July fest.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  22. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Your logic is just as stupid at your message. You're probably some fat 15 year old that reads bodybuilder magazines. You've already shown you know nothing about training by your uneducated and ignorant comments.

    Have fun isolating all your muscles with your pink dumbells. And I'll gladly go video for video if you want to provide us with your more than 545 lb deadlift.

    The only people that train the way you recommend are the little high school turds like yourself who lifts with their ego and not their mind and body.

    Wait, no, you're not even a turd. You are less than that. You are the undigested corn that shows up in my **** after a 4th of July fest.

    take a moment to look at yourself, your acting like a fool over the internet. if i were a 15 year old boy, what does it say about you that i could upset you so much?

    you need to delete your account. your a blabbering idiot who cant control his temper. get a life

  23. FIGHT FIGHT !! LOL

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    take a moment to look at yourself, your acting like a fool over the internet. if i were a 15 year old boy, what does it say about you that i could upset you so much?

    you need to delete your account. your a blabbering idiot who cant control his temper. get a life
    I corrected you and you got angry about it. Your comments were as stupid as your insults. I will not delete my account. If you don't like being told you're wrong go cry on Oprah and tell her you need some thick skin.

    I'm over and out.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  25. Wow! I'm definitely caught up on my soap opera today here on AM!

    Kingkong, you need to chill bro. This is stupid. As soon as Ricky posted his suggestions, your immediate response was to tell him how stupid him and his training both are and how ignorant he is about training in general. Great response. You handled yourself like an adult for sure. I don't train like Ricky does personally. I train based on a Westside template and it has worked great for me. Does that mean Ricky is stupid and that his training doesn't work? No. He's managed to grow and get a lot bigger than I ever did training as a BB, so obviously it works for him. You can't say something is stupid and doesn't work when it has clearly yielded great results for someone. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's wrong. I don't agree with how Ricky trains based on what I know works best for me PERSONALLY. But it works for him, so power to him. Who are any of us to tell him he's doing it the wrong way.

    We're all here to LEARN from each other and HELP each other. There aren't any of us that have it all figured out, whether powerlifter or bodybuilder, so there's no need for any of us to talk down to someone else for offering advice to someone based on what has worked for them.

    And be careful about throwing your lifts around like that makes you the man...there's always someone out there bigger and stronger.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    Wow! I'm definitely caught up on my soap opera today here on AM!

    Kingkong, you need to chill bro. This is stupid. As soon as Ricky posted his suggestions, your immediate response was to tell him how stupid him and his training both are and how ignorant he is about training in general. Great response. You handled yourself like an adult for sure. I don't train like Ricky does personally. I train based on a Westside template and it has worked great for me. Does that mean Ricky is stupid and that his training doesn't work? No. He's managed to grow and get a lot bigger than I ever did training as a BB, so obviously it works for him. You can't say something is stupid and doesn't work when it has clearly yielded great results for someone. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's wrong. I don't agree with how Ricky trains based on what I know works best for me PERSONALLY. But it works for him, so power to him. Who are any of us to tell him he's doing it the wrong way.

    We're all here to LEARN from each other and HELP each other. There aren't any of us that have it all figured out, whether powerlifter or bodybuilder, so there's no need for any of us to talk down to someone else for offering advice to someone based on what has worked for them.

    And be careful about throwing your lifts around like that makes you the man...there's always someone out there bigger and stronger.
    I never claimed his stuff wouldn't work. I said it wasn't optimal. His ignorant claim was that full body routines didn't work. Did you read the thread? I corrected him because CLEARLY they do and a natural lifter shouldn't train like an advanced bodybuilder. Those isolations are going to do nothing, but lead to serious imbalance and uncoordinated muscles. Then he asked me to delete my account because it hurt his feelings being told what he said was wrong. Anyone with a brain stem would know the more exercises in a program the less the progression will be on each of those exercises.

    And who cares what someone looks like. I don't need to know what someone looks like to know if what they say does or doesn't make sense. Maybe that's a lot of peoples problem.

    And "what works for you" is stupid. If you progress on your lifts and eat over maintenance you will grow. I have yet to see someone gradually increasing their calories and weights and not grow. It is far more simple then people make it out to be. God didn't design every human on earth so that would have to work with different methods. Most methods do work, but some do not have the overall benefits as others. Stuff like DC and HST that have low volume and high frequency will work for anyone that is eating right and lifting heavy enough.

    Isn't it ironic that most people that are big are also very strong? Simple mathematics tells us getting strong is what we should aim for. And your body grows better from recuperating from one exercise with low volume rather than ten other useless exercises that are intended to hit non-existent muscles.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  27. Yes, I did read the thread...in your response to his first post you told him something was stupid twice and that his routine sucked. All because he said he wouldn't advocate a full body routine for size. He's a bodybuilder, you're a powerlifter. There's going to be disagreements on the best and most efficient way to do things. Stop making everything so freakin' personal.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I never claimed his stuff wouldn't work. I said it wasn't optimal. His ignorant claim was that full body routines didn't work. Did you read the thread? I corrected him because CLEARLY they do and a natural lifter shouldn't train like an advanced bodybuilder. Those isolations are going to do nothing, but lead to serious imbalance and uncoordinated muscles. Then he asked me to delete my account because it hurt his feelings being told what he said was wrong. Anyone with a brain stem would know the more exercises in a program the less the progression will be on each of those exercises.

    And who cares what someone looks like. I don't need to know what someone looks like to know if what they say does or doesn't make sense. Maybe that's a lot of peoples problem.

    And "what works for you" is stupid. If you progress on your lifts and eat over maintenance you will grow. I have yet to see someone gradually increasing their calories and weights and not grow. It is far more simple then people make it out to be. God didn't design every human on earth so that would have to work with different methods. Most methods do work, but some do not have the overall benefits as others. Stuff like DC and HST that have low volume and high frequency will work for anyone that is eating right and lifting heavy enough.

    Isn't it ironic that most people that are big are also very strong? Simple mathematics tells us getting strong is what we should aim for. And your body grows better from recuperating from one exercise with low volume rather than ten other useless exercises that are intended to hit non-existent muscles.
    my ignorant claim? i said i personally would not advocate a full body routine for mass. where the hell did i say they didnt work at all. i didnt, i said what worked for me, and it has worked for many others. it doesnt mean its the end all be all but GRiggs wanted some advice so thats what where here to do, give him advice that HE can choose from. he doesnt have to do what you tell him, but what he feels would work for him, give him variety to choose from. not everyone trains the same way.

    i didnt tell you to delet your account because "you hurt me feelings" which if you read the posts you would know it was i who hurt your feelings, hense you getting all upset and acting like a child. i told you to delete you account becuase if you get this angry over the internet and you dont know how to act like an adult, you shouldnt be on here in the first place. this is a place to help each other out, not act like a complete moron when someone says something you dont agree with.

    you need to chill

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    Yes, I did read the thread...in your response to his first post you told him something was stupid twice and that his routine sucked. All because he said he wouldn't advocate a full body routine for size. He's a bodybuilder, you're a powerlifter. There's going to be disagreements on the best and most efficient way to do things. Stop making everything so freakin' personal.
    Nobody is making things freaking personal. Anyone that says a full body routine is not good for size is clearly ignorant. As long as the calories and overload is being met you'll grow. The different is the volume is spread out so progression can be made faster rather than in one session.

    Since when does powerlifter vs. bodybuilder that mean anything? Take a look at Dave Tate. He is a powerlifter, same with Marius.





    The difference between a powerlifter and a bodybuilder for physique is a cutting phase.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    my ignorant claim? i said i personally would not advocate a full body routine for mass. where the hell did i say they didnt work at all. i didnt, i said what worked for me, and it has worked for many others. it doesnt mean its the end all be all but GRiggs wanted some advice so thats what where here to do, give him advice that HE can choose from. he doesnt have to do what you tell him, but what he feels would work for him, give him variety to choose from. not everyone trains the same way.

    i didnt tell you to delet your account because "you hurt me feelings" which if you read the posts you would know it was i who hurt your feelings, hense you getting all upset and acting like a child. i told you to delete you account becuase if you get this angry over the internet and you dont know how to act like an adult, you shouldnt be on here in the first place. this is a place to help each other out, not act like a complete moron when someone says something you dont agree with.

    you need to chill
    No that is not what you said. Now you're trying to backtrack. This is what you said.

    when i comes to size i would never advocate a full body routine.
    That is just plain ignorant. Anyone who says otherwise needs to do some more research. Go over to strengthmill and tell Mr. Rippetoe he needs to switch to splits because all of those guys that have gained 50 lbs of mass on starting strength haven't really gained anything.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you guys think?
    By wolverines in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 04:09 PM
  2. What do you guys do for DHT?
    By nattydisaster in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
  3. I could really use your guys help
    By pdx89 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:44 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Log in
Log in