what do you guys think?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
my avatar is me you idiot
That is funny, because you look a lot like one of the Animal Pak models.

Care to post more than one pose? That would prove that was you. Not that I care anyway, because like I said, I don't care what someone looks like to measure their intelligence and understanding of weight lifting.

We can agree to disagree to prevent this pissing contest from going any further. How does that sound?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
again, my avatar is part of my ablum on my page. i have sevral pictures of me in there and more from that shoot on my comp.

thanks for the complement though, those pictures were sent into animal/universal 6 months ago

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
again, my avatar is part of my ablum on my page. i have sevral pictures of me in there and more from that shoot on my comp.

thanks for the complement though, those pictures were sent into animal/universal 6 months ago
So you train with Animal Pak? Do you post on their forum?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
train with animal pak??

i have used there supps for a long as time and i am in college, it is hard to get enough money to buy supps consistantly so i emailed them about a potential sponsorhip and they asked me to submit photos. so i did.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
train with animal pak??

i have used there supps for a long as time and i am in college, it is hard to get enough money to buy supps consistantly so i emailed them about a potential sponsorhip and they asked me to submit photos. so i did.
Animal isn't just supplements. They also do powerlifting and stuff. I have seen videos of their models doing their training.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Animal isn't just supplements. They also do powerlifting and stuff. I have seen videos of their models doing their training.

i never said they were just supps, i said i dont have money to buy them.

i use animal/universal primarily so thats why i sent it them to them.

i know the videos your talking about, but then i saw homemade tapes of those same guys doing completly different routines. specicfically frank mcgrath.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
i never said they were just supps, i said i dont have money to buy them.

i use animal/universal primarily so thats why i sent it them to them.

i know the videos your talking about, but then i saw homemade tapes of those same guys doing completly different routines. specicfically frank mcgrath.
OK. That's what I was asking. If you do the videos and competing too.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
OK. That's what I was asking. If you do the videos and competing too.
nah i wish i did thoughs videos though.

i unfortunalty did not get the sponsorship because to recieve an animal sponsorhsip they told me you must first compete in a powerlifintg/strongman/bodybuilding comp before you could ever get sponsored.

after that was said, i set my goals for my first show this summer, then have a new shoot and resubmit my photos with my contest shots aswell. im determined to get it and will continue til my time comes

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
nah i wish i did thoughs videos though.

i unfortunalty did not get the sponsorship because to recieve an animal sponsorhsip they told me you must first compete in a powerlifintg/strongman/bodybuilding comp before you could ever get sponsored.

after that was said, i set my goals for my first show this summer, then have a new shoot and resubmit my photos with my contest shots aswell. im determined to get it and will continue til my time comes
Interesting. Well good luck.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
HST is a full body routine and can be used by powerlfiters. And powerlifters train with periodization like the conjugate method once they have gotten so strong they need periodizing and specialization. They start out with full body routines like starting strength, Starr's 5x5, or the Texas Method.
Don't know, K, never ever head of a powerlifter doing HST, and you cant categorically state PLers start out on those programs, it is true that beginners may be steered towards starting strength, Starr's 5x5, or the Texas Method, but many just jump into westside, or 5/3/1 or other 5x5 variants that are not full-body workouts. Personally I went from BB workouts to DC to elitefts' Force method (westside variant) to 5x5 to 5/3/1 and sheiko.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Don't know, K, never ever head of a powerlifter doing HST, and you cant categorically state PLers start out on those programs, it is true that beginners may be steered towards starting strength, Starr's 5x5, or the Texas Method, but many just jump into westside, or 5/3/1 or other 5x5 variants that are not full-body workouts. Personally I went from BB workouts to DC to elitefts' Force method (westside variant) to 5x5 to 5/3/1 and sheiko.
During the off season there have been a few powerlifters I know of do HST. When you stall it can be a good way to keep progressive loading.

The problem with jumping straight into something like Westside is you won't take advantage of the linear progression. When you start out training, each time you overload a muscle, if you start light like you should, the nervous system activates more motor units each session. This is commonly referred to as beginner gains or newbie gains. Once you take advantage of that, which will usually be your best gains, you start training for whatever your goal is - Olympic lifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, etc. but I firmly believe size and strength is not separated by routine preference, but rather principles and nutrition.

Besides, it's not necessarily good to start out doing speed squats like Dynamic Effort day at Westside when you have yet to establish good form, which usually takes a few weeks.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
During the off season there have been a few powerlifters I know of do HST. When you stall it can be a good way to keep progressive loading.

The problem with jumping straight into something like Westside is you won't take advantage of the linear progression. When you start out training, each time you overload a muscle, if you start light like you should, the nervous system activates more motor units each session. This is commonly referred to as beginner gains or newbie gains. Once you take advantage of that, which will usually be your best gains, you start training for whatever your goal is - Olympic lifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, etc. but I firmly believe size and strength is not separated by routine preference, but rather principles and nutrition.

Besides, it's not necessarily good to start out doing speed squats like Dynamic Effort day at Westside when you have yet to establish good form, which usually takes a few weeks.
you are making the assumption a newbie to PL is a newbie to working out, when it comes to form or 'newbie gains'.

also, a newbie to westside is going to approach it the same way as an oldie, that is using the same principles, as in "work to a 3RM", so I dont quite understand your liner progression/CNS explanation. How exactly are they short-changing themselves gains-wise?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
you are making the assumption a newbie to PL is a newbie to working out, when it comes to form or 'newbie gains'.

also, a newbie to westside is going to approach it the same way as an oldie, that is using the same principles, as in "work to a 3RM", so I dont quite understand your liner progression/CNS explanation. How exactly are they short-changing themselves gains-wise?
Yeah. That is what I mean. A newbie to working out, and you can be a newbie while working out for three years. If you read starting strength, Rippetoe describes a person a newbie until they can no longer make constant progress on their lifts.

They short-change themselves gains wise by not allowing progress as fast. For example: Westside has two days you bench press, but only one of those days are heavy days because they are too strong to lift heavy three times per week. A beginner can, however, lift heavy three timers per week and make progress all three sessions.

5 lbs three times per week is faster progress than 5 lbs one time per week.

Furthermore, Dynamic lifts are not ideal for beginners because they have not established proper form on those lifts yet.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
My fav routine would be

Monday
Deadlift
Stiff Leg DL or Bent Row
Reverse Grip Pulldown or Wide Grip
Bicep Curl
Some type of ab work

Tuesday
Overhead Press
Upright Row
Front DB Raise or lateral
DB Skullcrusher
V-bar pulldown
Dips

Wed-off
Thurs
Squats
Leg Press
Lunges
Calf press
Seated Calf raise

Fri-
Bench BB
Decline BB
Incline DB
Flyes or Pec Dec
Ab Work
pretty cool routine,on tuesday did you mean v-bar pushdowns or actually pulldowns....if thats a v-bar pulldown id keep that on mondays section.everything else looks good though.