xpin2winx

Awards
My following workout looks like this.
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Day 2: Back/Biceps
Day 3: Legs/Forearms/Abs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5:Repeat

I like to workout each body part twice a week because its in my blood and i cant mentally handle one body part a week. Any one have any changes to make that i can make to this with keeping it the way i want. My dad wanted me to do Back/Biceps/Legs and take 2 rest days instead of 1 but i love working out so i decided to take legs on a rest day and work them out.

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
Hey, if you can recover quickly enough to handle a twice a week pounding, then I say go for it! But you'd almost have to be super-human. lol Not too many guys can effectively hit the weights with significant intensity to grow and not only hit the same bodypart twice in a week, but only have one rest day.

Try it for a month or so...then be honest with yourself to see if you are getting the results you want. I'd LOVE to hear how it goes. PM me if you have a journal; and if not, please consider starting one. :)

jim623

My following workout looks like this.
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Day 2: Back/Biceps
Day 3: Legs/Forearms/Abs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5:Repeat

I like to workout each body part twice a week because its in my blood and i cant mentally handle one body part a week. Any one have any changes to make that i can make to this with keeping it the way i want. My dad wanted me to do Back/Biceps/Legs and take 2 rest days instead of 1 but i love working out so i decided to take legs on a rest day and work them out.
I tried that, ended up up overtraining.

Back and legs should, in all reality, have a day of their own. These are large muscle groups.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I vary the intensity depending on what workout I'm doing, but here's my split:

Monday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tuesday - Legs/Back/Biceps
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Shoulders/Chest/Triceps
Friday - Back/Legs/Biceps

I don't do a lot of volume for smaller muscle groups. Usually one day I'll hit a muscle hard, the next workout, go lighter, maybe do more iso work.

Do abs as often as you can.

Works well if you can work it. ;)

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
I used to do two a weeks and was so frustrated by my lack of progress that I used to train harder instead of doing less. It wasn't until I started a training log and also limiting my sessions to an hour each time that I really started to blow up... and half the time in the gym. More time to eat, sleep, and have sex for cardio.