Would half a cycle conducted twice, elicit the same as one full cycle.

UniqueUserName

Awards
Just a thought to ponder.

I've heard that longer cycles have greater suppression.
So in theory, say you took an 8 week cycle and 4 week pct. 12 Total weeks gives X amount of gains.
Could you get X amount of gains by running a 4 week cycle (would you need a 4 week pct?) then another 4 week cycle (would you need anoth 4 week pct?).

Just curious about the potential effects/consequences.
Any thoughts welcome.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No, in most cases not. Very little to no actual muscle tissue was being built in a 4 week cycle you're just getting the cosmetic effects from the orals and maybe building a pound or two of muscle, the cosmetic effects are glycogen and fuel storage in the muscle which makes it appear bigger but it's not actual muscle tissue being developed. The thing is four week and 8 week cycles are both very short cycles I wouldn't even call 4 weeks of cycle it's just kind of stupid. When it comes to injectables cycles might range between six and 24 weeks, In the early stages of a cycle your not putting on much muscle, the injectables our building up in your system and you're getting the cosmetic effects from the orals and it's later into the cycle that you're accruing the actual muscle tissue, a person with fantastic genetics on a boatload of steroids can add about 12 lb of muscle per year or something in that ball park so what do you think you're going to do in 4 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Now I can see maybe short 6 to 8 week cycles of high dosed short Ester injectables stacked with strong orals you can probably add some muscle and get out before any damage is really done but you better off just using safer stuff for longer periods of times.

Another thing I've noticed and you will notice and everyone who runs oral only cycles notices this too is that you only make progress while you're on your four week or 8 week cycle and then after the cycle you go right back to where you started and it's just a constant repeating process. By the time you do your third or fourth cycle in the year is over you don't look much different than you did after your first cycle that year

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The only way to achieve your goal is to use a short acting non testosterone oral like dbol at 20mgs a day or less……. Or one of the many methylated pro hormones. (Speaking from experience)

Even after 4 weeks you will get SOME natural test suppression, but not like shooting test will do.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The only way to achieve your goal is to use a short acting non testosterone oral like dbol at 20mgs a day or less……. Or one of the many methylated pro hormones. (Speaking from experience)

Even after 4 weeks you will get SOME natural test suppression, but not like shooting test will do.
Him getting suppression or not you cannot relate to yourself in any way shape or form because that is different for everyone. And in 4 weeks on dbol you're just getting cosmetic effects you're not building much muscle.

Just a reminder, Dbol is still prescribed in some places as a testosterone replacement therapy "hrt" and has the ability to completely shutdown testosterone in a matter of weeks

Edit: found it, 5-10mg dbol caused a 66-73% decrease in testosterone levels in 10 days

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just a thought to ponder.

I've heard that longer cycles have greater suppression.
So in theory, say you took an 8 week cycle and 4 week pct. 12 Total weeks gives X amount of gains.
Could you get X amount of gains by running a 4 week cycle (would you need a 4 week pct?) then another 4 week cycle (would you need anoth 4 week pct?).

Just curious about the potential effects/consequences.
Any thoughts welcome.
Also, you tend to loose gains during pct, so now your running 2x pct so double the opportunity to loose gains

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Him getting suppression or not you cannot relate to yourself in any way shape or form because that is different for everyone. And in 4 weeks on dbol you're just getting cosmetic effects you're not building much muscle.

Just a reminder, Dbol is still prescribed in some places as a testosterone replacement therapy "hrt" and has the ability to completely shutdown testosterone in a matter of weeks

Edit: found it, 5-10mg dbol caused a 66-73% decrease in testosterone levels in 10 days
Can you post a link to that for me? Its the kind of info I am always looking for.

I can tell you that If I take 15-20 mgs a day of dbol for 4 weeks my nuts don't shrink and I will hold at least 50% of the gains (about 5lbs of lean mass) from just a low dosage 4 week cycle..... I also don't lose my drive and/or training motivation. If I was to do that for 8 weeks? Different story.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can you post a link to that for me? Its the kind of info I am always looking for.

I can tell you that If I take 15-20 mgs a day of dbol for 4 weeks my nuts don't shrink and I will hold at least 50% of the gains (about 5lbs of lean mass) from just a low dosage 4 week cycle..... I also don't lose my drive and/or training motivation. If I was to do that for 8 weeks? Different story.
Nuts not shrinking dosent mean anything, I've been on testosterone for 3 years and my nuts are exactly the same as before trt or any cycles. That's genetic. The way you feel does not relate to your testosterone levels for many people after they come off they feel fine it doesn't mean that you're fine you can't just play a guessing game. I mean you can if you want to I'm not trying to argue with you here I'm just saying you can't go based on feel because the way you feel it does not indicate what's really going on

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After being on test for many years the main thing I can notice is when I'm due for a injection I will get oily as **** on my head and get unpoppable pimples on the back of my scalp. Once I take my test the next morning the pimple is 90% gone.
Oh and I can't blast large amounts of test anymore because I can't stop pissing. Haha make them cycles count boys because you aren't going to stay on forever...sigh

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Nuts not shrinking dosent mean anything, I've been on testosterone for 3 years and my nuts are exactly the same as before trt or any cycles. That's genetic. The way you feel does not relate to your testosterone levels for many people after they come off they feel fine it doesn't mean that you're fine you can't just play a guessing game. I mean you can if you want to I'm not trying to argue with you here I'm just saying you can't go based on feel because the way you feel it does not indicate what's really going on
Yeah, but if I am feeling good, still have a sex drive and am not losing muscle then.....Why would I care what my test levels are? My natural level is already half what it is supposed to be.... Yet I still wake up with a boner in the AM and have made 2 children in the past 5 years.

But yeah, my levels could be suppressed even with all the positive signs.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
does getting a BJ give you the same feeling as sticking it in ?

wait .. bad example

short answer : NO, depends on compounds .. some can be run for 3 weeks .. others 8weeks+

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, but if I am feeling good, still have a sex drive and am not losing muscle then.....Why would I care what my test levels are? My natural level is already half what it is supposed to be.... Yet I still wake up with a boner in the AM and have made 2 children in the past 5 years.

But yeah, my levels could be suppressed even with all the positive signs.
Because your testosterone levels are not really directly responsible for your sex drive, estrogen and dht play a bigger role, why would you care if your testosterone is low, because that's the fast route to developing prostate problems, when your testosterone is low you loose muscle easier and gain bodyfat faster, having your hormones out of whack plays a role in your mental health.

All of these things might feel fine today or tomorrow but sooner or later they will not.

I'm absolutely not trying to lecture you or tell you what to do because you're a grown ass man with kids and you can do whatever you want. All I'm saying is that your personal experience does not directly tell someone else what will happen and you might not care about the long term repercussions but someone else taking your advice might not want those things and not know that they exist.

That's why the way we "feel" dosent often tell us the whole story. Someone could be on the verge of a heart attack and feel 100% fine and never know it until the heart attack happens and it's actually quite common, just like people can walk around with low testosterone and all these things that don't show their face right now but 10 years down the road you may directly pay the price for it.

Again, I'm not telling you what to do I'm just trying to explain the bigger picture here

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Because your testosterone levels are not really directly responsible for your sex drive, estrogen and dht play a bigger role, why would you care if your testosterone is low, because that's the fast route to developing prostate problems, when your testosterone is low you loose muscle easier and gain bodyfat faster, having your hormones out of whack plays a role in your mental health.

All of these things might feel fine today or tomorrow but sooner or later they will not.

I'm absolutely not trying to lecture you or tell you what to do because you're a grown ass man with kids and you can do whatever you want. All I'm saying is that your personal experience does not directly tell someone else what will happen and you might not care about the long term repercussions but someone else taking your advice might not want those things and not know that they exist.

That's why the way we "feel" dosent often tell us the whole story. Someone could be on the verge of a heart attack and feel 100% fine and never know it until the heart attack happens and it's actually quite common, just like people can walk around with low testosterone and all these things that don't show their face right now but 10 years down the road you may directly pay the price for it.

Again, I'm not telling you what to do I'm just trying to explain the bigger picture here
I'm with you except for the Prostate thing..... I have an enlarged prostate and that is why my Dr wont put me on Testosterone therapy.... Because Test causes prostate issues.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm with you except for the Prostate thing..... I have an enlarged prostate and that is why my Dr wont put me on Testosterone therapy.... Because Test causes prostate issues.
Low testosterone causes more prostate problems then being on testosterone and staying within the normal range. You should talk to multiple doctors because they can work with you on that. Solutions are not black and white and that's kinda a old school Dr. Approach to denying something testosterone therapy

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm also not saying that testosterone doesn't cause issues because it can but having low testosterone can cause just as bad and worse than having testosterone replacement and being in the higher end of the range if you get what I'm saying. It's worth talking to another doctor or seeing an endocrinologist if it's something you're interested in pursuing or at least learning more about