Best workout for bottom half weight loss?

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Struggling with weight gain on butt and thighs. Anyone have some exercise rec's?

joelast

joelast

Awards
squat

but there's no such thing as spot reduction, you're body is genetically inclined to store fat in certain areas first, and on the flip side to lose fat in certain areas first. Just hit the cardio and stick to your diet and it'll start coming off. No miracle exercises.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats and lunge. Tightens the area like nothing else.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
true true. will get right on it when my damn foot heals up.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
What's the nature of the injury (e.g. break, strain, etc.)?
a triple fracture in the 5th metatarsal of my right foot. it's amazing what the corner of a concrete step can do to a foot in flip flops. I've been in a cast for two months, but hopefully i can get out of it next week and get back in the gym

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a triple fracture in the 5th metatarsal of my right foot. it's amazing what the corner of a concrete step can do to a foot in flip flops. I've been in a cast for two months, but hopefully i can get out of it next week and get back in the gym
Make sure you go to a good running shoe store and get the appropriate shoe.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Squats, Deadlifts, Lunges, Step Ups, and HIIT Sprints are all great for fat loss. They won't exactly target fat loss in your lower body, but they will help you lose fat EVERYWHERE, including your lower body. :)

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
try jump roping to. For some reason i hold fat in my legs and not much anywhere else. my legs get thin quick but from squats and lunges it has had a nice recomp effect.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
ATG squats are hard to find now-a-days :(
I prefer Ass To Grass....but you get the point lol

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Listen to these people my friend. :) - I would tell you no different.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
i'm def down for some squats and lunges. love them all day! would it be safer right now to do the "squats" on the sit down rack? (freshly healing broken foot and all)

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
i'm def down for some squats and lunges. love them all day! would it be safer right now to do the "squats" on the sit down rack? (freshly healing broken foot and all)
Do you mean the leg press? Try out some light squats on the rack and see how your foot feels. They're much better for you than the leg press, but only do what feels comfortable for your foot.

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established
anyone see a problem with placing 5-lb plates under one's heels when squating? i have difficulty getting low on regular squats and the plates help me get lower.

Future

Cardio. HIIT cardio. Take Yohimbine HCL with caffeine and aspirin as well. Seems to target the fat in the lower body better on some research. And diet!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Cardio. HIIT cardio. Take Yohimbine HCL with caffeine and aspirin as well. Seems to target the fat in the lower body better on some research. And diet!
true true. i'll have to try it out and do some research on that stack. thanks