P90X and........

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
I goto the gym on a regular basis.....4 days a week, rarely 5. As you can say that maybe I hit a plateau. I just bought P90X, and I was wondering how I could fit this in with my regular gym days, since I dont want to stop going to the gym.....Thanks....advice appreciated!!!

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well, you could go through it once and then on the days you lift certain parts, you could do the same lifts but at the gym.

I also am using P90X right now, but I work out at home and its something i am using to get "back into the swing of things". Plus, the wife is doing it with me.

Stangtuner

Stangtuner

Awards
I say you replace 1 or 2 of your reg. gym days with P90X

A friend of mine has been doing that for 3 weeks and he is definetly seeing results.

BignBad

Awards
I think the P90X plus the gym will lead to overtraining. It is a tough program and then to put that on top of an intense gym program could hammer your testosterone and immunity if you're not careful.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
What if I did something like this:

Sunday: Chest and triceps/Cardio (gym)
Monday: Back and Biceps/Ab ripper (P90X)
Tuesday: Kenpo X(P90X)
Wednesday: Shoulders/Cardio (gym)
Thursday: CardioX/StretchX (P90X)
Friday: Ab ripper/Legs and Back (P90X)
Saturday: Off/Rest

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
i would have two days of rest bro. And sleep as much as you can... this will be tough...

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i would actually go through each dvd atleast once, so you get the idea of it and then design your program around it. they are pretty intense workouts. i think they really go after hypertrophy.