Workout Routine

Nacho1545

Awards
Quick question guys...

I currently work one body part a week\day.. IE: Monday Chest, Tuesday Back, Wednesday legs, Thursday Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Friday is a free day or I take a day off during the week...

Some of the guys I talked to at the gym (they are ripped and have been lifting for years) and some people at work told me that I could double up my workout by working out like this:

Mon\Wed\Fri
Bi\Tri\ Shoulders

Tues\Thurs
Chest
Back

Friday
Legs

What do you guys think? Am I getting enough rest to do all of this? Should I just stick with what I am doing now?
I plan on doing something like the idea above during the winter to try and do a lean-ish bulk but now I still want to be cut for the remaining part of the summer...

Wt: 167
Ht: 5' 10"
BF: 8-9%

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Monday Chest, Tuesday Back, Wednesday legs, Thursday Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Friday is a free day or I take a day off during the week...
If this routine is working for you, there is no need to change it up. This is especially true if you just want to maintain what you got and continue being lean.

Mon\Wed\Fri
Bi\Tri\ Shoulders

Tues\Thurs
Chest
Back

Friday
Legs
This routine would be best if you were bulking, imo, b/c the excess calories would help you recover. I would also not use as much volume on this split as I would on the previous one otherwise you could burn yourself out. Having chest/back and bis/tris on the same day also provides opportunities for supersetting, which can increase the intensiy of your workout.
The only modification I'd make would be not doing bis/tris/shoulders again on Friday. Imo, Friday should be your most intense day since you need to make up for only doing legs once a week. Training your legs heavy and hard will not only make them grow, but will add overall mass to your frame (especially if you are doing squats and deads).

Nacho1545

Awards
Thank you for the info. I rethought about my workout plan.. My workout time should allow me to take cardio classes and lift on the same days.. What do you think about it now?

Revised workout Plan

Mon\Thurs
Chest
Back

Wed
Legs
Spin Class

Tues\Fri
Bi\Tri\Shoulders\Shrug

Weekly Classes

Monday
Spin
Awesome Abs

Tuesday
Sports Camp
Awesome Abs

Wednesday
Spin

Thursday
Cardio Sculpt

Friday
No Class
Abs on my own

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Looks good; it should keep you pretty lean. You might wanna grab a light post-workout shake in between your cardio and weight-training especially if you do the weight training first.

Nacho1545

Awards
Yeah, I am trying to figure out when I am going to lift.. This up coming week is going to be a trial by error.. Either I am going to bust my butt and try and finish my workout before my class or I am going to lift after my class... I am just worried about being too tired to lift after the classes.. If I workout before class I will have a shake in between or I will have to wait until the class is over, finish the workout then have my shake..

My morning shake is whey and casein so it shouldn't hurt me too bad if I don't have my post shake right after I'm done lifting.