The Official "Other Companies That Have Had Contamination Issues" Contest

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Answers

There is no point listing products that are recalled for containing what is on the label. I hope x-tren contains tren and ATD contains, well, ATD.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ev52 View Post
    There is no point listing products that are recalled for containing what is on the label. I hope x-tren contains tren and ATD contains, well, ATD.
    There's no point in making a big deal over TN's 7-KE contamination, but here we are digging up dirt on other companies to make TN's issue seem "not-as-bad"

Im not even sure what the big deal is. They issued a formal disclaimer informing customers of the issue, and offered to issue a refund. To me that's more than enough, and if TN lives up to their offered refund, then they are in my eyes.
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus Nut.
    Ok, Easy goes for EASY. Lol I can't wait to see how deep these will dig! I have some hints. PM me your address easy

What company allegedly had their "steroid spiked with a steroid" in 2005?

What company accidentally released 17aMethyl-HydroxyTestosterone and had to do a recall?
    (IBE)
    What company had a prescription drug in their product and had to "change the formula"?
    (Palo alto)
    My point is not to malign anyone just to show you that it's business, mistakes happen and Chinese suppliers often screw you.
    Maybe these are right I'm not sure. But I sure would love to win some Taurus supplements. Especially da-hcg and 5aohp.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Answers

The point is this, it happens A LOT. I just wanted people to realize. Man, you guys missed a lot of these. I still need PM's from people with addresses!

Getting screwed by the Chinese is just part of business. Now who is going to answer my other two Trivia questions. Someone already got Gaspari "Your Steroid Is Spiked With a Steroid"... Who released Methyl-OHT and had to do a recall on an ATD product because it contained the wrong ingredient?
  5. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus Nut. View Post
    The point is this, it happens A LOT. I just wanted people to realize. Man, you guys missed a lot of these. I still need PM's from people with addresses!

Getting screwed by the Chinese is just part of business. Now who is going to answer my other two Trivia questions. Someone already got Gaspari "Your Steroid Is Spiked With a Steroid"... Who released Methyl-OHT and had to do a recall on an ATD product because it contained the wrong ingredient?
    Who won?
    I'll send you mine.....
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

i'll gladly send mine, if i win
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

What about Axis labs furazadrol issue.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

gotta be cGMP certified!
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Lab test: Gaspari’s Orastan-A contains wrong steroids

Supplements manufacturer Gaspari Nutrition – owned by the ex Olympia bodybuilder Rich Gaspari – has made a mess of its designer supplement Orastan-A, say German doping hunters in a soon-to-be-published article in Steroids. According to the biochemical analyses, Orastan-A does not contain the anabolic steroid Furazadrol. Instead, Orastan-A contains a ****tail of two weak, almost inactive steroid hormones.

The full name of the substance that Orastan-A is supposed to contain is 17beta-hydroxy 5alpha-androstano [2,3-c] furazan 17-THP-ether. The steroid has been on the market for a number of years as a designer supplement. Spectra Force Research introduced it under the name Furagano. According to analyses done by a recognised laboratory, which have made their way to the most hated website in supplement land, Furagano contains the steroid it is supposed to contain. But this is not the case for the version that Gaspari Nutrition sells.

The structural formula that Orastan-A should contain is illustrated here. This is an anabolic steroid that was developed in the sixties. We found the compound in a patent filed by the Japanese pharmaceuticals company Daiichi in 1967. [US Patent 3,245,988] Despite being an active anabolic it was not found on the market until it was discovered by the supplements industry.

When the Germans analysed Orastan-A, they didn’t find the compound. Instead, they found two other steroid compounds, both ether analogues. The structural formulas are shown below. The ether groups have been left out for ease of reading.

Steroid 1 is 17beta-hydroxy androstano [3,2-c] isoxazole. The 17alpha-methyl analogue is known as androisoxazol. It is a weak but active anabolic steroid, and it’s not on the WADA doping list. The steroid in Orastan-A does not contain the 17alfa-methyl group and is therefore not active when taken orally.

The scientific name for steroid 2 is 17beta-hydroxy androstano [2,3-d] isoxazole. You may know the 17alpha-ethinyl analogue of this steroid, which goes by the name of danazol, a very weak androgen. The analogue in Orastan-A is unlikely to have much effect.

It’s probably not a coincidence that Orastan-A contains a mix of these two particular steroids. They are both made from oxymetholone and they are not easy to separate from each other. We’d be willing to bet that there’s a Chinese manufacturer behind it.
    You can read more about steroids with a heterocyclic ring in the Anabolics Book. The Anabolics Book also contains more information on THP-ethers.

Sources:
    Steroids. 2008 Nov 17. [Epub ahead of print].

TN..did you get my PM?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  274 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah- if I were a savvy consumer and I really cared about where my supplements are being made and what is actually in them- then I would ask that supplier/ manufacturer/ vendor for a copy of their cGMP documentation. EasyEJL is correct. If they are on the up and up then they should have this info. But I have heard (from a reliable source) of a few supposed "cutting edge" manufacturers that have sourced their raws from China, and not even from a solid source over there...

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    if you follow cGMP manufacturing processes, you pretty well are guaranteed the products arent contaminated based on the series of testing you have to do to comply.
    BigGunn~"Just happy to be invited to the party!"
    Nutrigenomics Research Company [www.Cabergolean.com]
  11. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Who released Methyl-OHT and had to do a recall on an ATD product because it contained the wrong ingredient?
    Designer Supplements

Sldgehmr
    "To end all of this and to help protect any of my customers, I am asking anyone who bought MOHT to throw it away. I will refund all the money for those orders. It is possible that I may not have received the compound that I bought, even though it came from a trusted and previoulsy tested source.
    This compound was never sold by any other site or anyone else. If anyone has any questions or problems please email me or pm me. I will start refunding all orders tonight, I am sorry for the problems and confusion"

All:

We have determined that a previous batch, and our current stock, of Rebound XT was severly underdosed. We are recalling batch number: F040207. This is listed on the bottle. We are also making a recall of our recent stock sent to retailers. This will mean, likely, that we and most if not all retailers will be out of stock for the next 2-3 weeks.

We at DS apologize for the extreme inconvenience this has caused. We apparently received a bad batch of Diene-3™, when the synthesis was changed for larger productions. We test every batch that comes in (of all of our ingredients) and there was a mix-up with that as well, so this was not caught until now. I would like to thank Patrick and Ergo for bringing this to our attention. Apparently, he tested the product, and did the honorable thing -- he notified us rather than call us out publicly. We confirmed his findings that the powder was useless, and want to rectify this immediately.

As such, anyone who had RXT with batch number: F040207 printed on the label should immediately return the bottle(s) to us at the following address:

2121 Hillside Ave. New Hyde Park, NY 11040

Please send any and all bottles whether unopened, or fully or partially used. Once we have the product back in stock, we will send you two bottles for every one returned, up to the first three bottles you return. For the fourth bottle and beyond, we will simply replace that bottle. Please do not innundate our retailers with returns, send them directly to us.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I was banned by the FDA in 2009 for containing too much Badass.
  13. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    I was banned by the FDA in 2009 for containing too much Badass.
    I was banned by the fda for smuggling walnuts.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers
  15. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I was banned by the fda for smuggling walnuts.
    Seriously.

http://www.anh-usa.org/tell-the-fda-...illegal-drugs/

16. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

This should really help put the whole tainted and recalled supplements in perspective.

http://www.recallowl.com/Food+Recall...S_PAGER_FROM=0

17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Brazilian diet pills" passed off as supplements; smuggler sentenced

http://drugtopics.modernmedicine.com...tegoryId=40159
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

18. Advanced Member
    Answers

The Official "Other Companies That Have Had Contamination Issues" Contest
    What a cunty thing to do.
    Antśus Labs
  19. Advanced Member
    Answers

Fatloss Slimming 2 Day Diet 3x Slimming Power
    Japan Lingzhi 24 Hours Diet 5x Imelda Perfect Slimming 3 Day Diet
    7 Day Herbal Slim 8 Factor Diet 7 Diet Day/Night Formula
    999 Fitness Essence Extrim Plus GMP
    Imelda Perfect Slim Lida DaiDaihua Miaozi Slim Capsules
    Perfect Slim Perfect Slim 5x Phyto Shape
    ProSlim Plus Royal Slimming Formula Slim 3 in 1
    Slim Express 360 Slimtech Somotrim
    Superslim TripleSlim Zhen de Shou
    Venom Hyperdrive 3.0

An FDA analysis found that the undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients in some of these products include sibutramine (a controlled substance), rimonabant (a drug not approved for marketing in the United States), phenytoin (an anti-seizure medication), and phenolphthalein (a solution used in chemical experiments and a suspected cancer causing agent). Some of the amounts of active pharmaceutical ingredients far exceeded the FDA-recommended levels, putting consumers' health at risk.
    Jen-On Herbal Science International, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Nationwide Recall of H S Joy of Love, a Product Marketed as a Dietary Supplement
    ...lab analysis by FDA of H S Joy of Love samples found the product contains Piperadino Vardenafil, an analog of Vardenafil, an FDA-approved drug used as treatment for male Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Piperadino Vardenafil is close in structure to Vardenafil and is expected to possess a similar pharmacological and adverse event profile.
    Ebek, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Liviro3, a Product Marketed as a Dietary Supplement
    ...lab analysis by FDA of Liviro3 samples found the product contains tadalafil, an FDA-approved drug used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), making Liviro3 an unapproved drug.
    I look forward to receiving the free products, for Patrick to test.
    Antśus Labs
  20. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Strangely, a large number of recalls have been for sexual performance supplements. Go figure.....

21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    I look forward to receiving the free products, for Patrick to test.
    Too bad someone has already posted those on the second page....and as a consumer, I thought this promo was quite clever.
  22. Advanced Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Subber10 View Post
    Too bad someone has already posted those on the second page....
    Jen-On Herbal Science International, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Nationwide Recall of H S Joy of Love, a Product Marketed as a Dietary Supplement
    ...lab analysis by FDA of H S Joy of Love samples found the product contains Piperadino Vardenafil, an analog of Vardenafil, an FDA-approved drug used as treatment for male Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Piperadino Vardenafil is close in structure to Vardenafil and is expected to possess a similar pharmacological and adverse event profile.
    Ebek, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Liviro3, a Product Marketed as a Dietary Supplement
    ...lab analysis by FDA of Liviro3 samples found the product contains tadalafil, an FDA-approved drug used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), making Liviro3 an unapproved drug.
    ^ Those two weren't posted anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Subber10 View Post
    and as a consumer, I thought this promo was quite clever.
    It's an obvious attempt to deflect attention and point fingers elsewhere. I don't think it's clever.
    Antśus Labs
  23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    It's an obvious attempt to deflect attention and point fingers elsewhere. I don't think it's clever.
    is it as clever as testing a competitors product without a proper chain of authority and releasing the results anonymously?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  24. Featured Author
    Answers

If anyone can recall them and post them in the thread, they can win up to $250 in FREE Taurus Supplements. Rules are: no rumors must either be admitted by the company or an action taken:

I think this contest should bring some sanity back to the situation...

I will start things off:

Suspended Philadelphia Phillies reliever J.C. Romero sues supplement manufacturer - ESPN

"One should consider the source and the fact that the statement fails to address the presence of androstenedione, a controlled substance, in 6-OXO EXTREME," Cornwell wrote in a two-sentence e-mail to the Associated Press. "In my opinion, after injury and age, companies like Proviant may be the next greatest threat to the careers of athletes who use nutritional supplements."

I don't know 100% if this has been confirmed just alleged in this news story. I will do a FOIA request on Proviant and find out if indeed 6-OXO and 6-OXO Extreme was contaminated. Since the company was Chapter 7 a few years back, I doubt I can get a company rep to reply. If an above board company like Proviant who had their own manufacturing and testing facilities could have this happen it's obviously a problem that just happens from time to time.

after a long investigation no charges were ever filed. No laws were broken. So I am not sure this should be given equal weight to the other fiascos you mention here

also, Proviant never declared bankruptcy as you suggested. It just ceased to operate. I was one of the owners of Proviant
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

It's an obvious attempt to deflect attention and point fingers elsewhere. I don't think it's clever.[/QUOTE]

Too be honest, i started reading the first one and recognized all of them and figured you were just posting stuff to make a bitter point. But, as far as this promo is concerned, this is marketing. Welcome to big business. Every major company in america does this type of marketing. My wife has her bachelors in marketing and her MBA and we discussed this last night cause I thought it was rather funny and clever and she thought the same thing. She said it was a very smart business move.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Marketing? Yes, Clever? Yes, an industry issue? Also Yes. Some are from a lack of product oversight and some are deliberate. It's not a good situation either way for the industry.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Marketing? Yes, Clever? Yes, an industry issue? Also Yes. Some are from a lack of product oversight and some are deliberate. It's not a good situation either way for the industry.
    Never said it was good, but I agree with you. This isn't a good situation at all for the industry. I feel Taurus is handling this pretty good and this promo can go a long way in helping out with the company's future. Remember that they are still a new and small business.

I will agree on one thing with Henry, Taurus BigK didn't handle this properly on the other board and that is why he's no longer with them too. But, that is another matter that's not for this thread. TN is simply trying to demonstate that mistakes happen and that they are moving forward.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed. It wasn't good that it happened and it is a shame. But Taurus didn't do this intentionally and they are trying to make up for it and move forward just like some other companies have done which I think is more the point of this thread. If anyone is to blame it's the Chinese.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    If anyone is to blame it's the Chinese.
    Shhhhhhh!!!!!! They'll hear you!

And while I realize what I'm about to reference was Japanese and not Chinese, I feel the concept is still relevant:

I'm going home to play with all of my Chinpokomon dolls!

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

"mistakes happen and Chinese suppliers often screw you"............

I'm sorry I've got to call BullS^it !

You sir and or your contract mfg got screwed and you passed it on to us your consumer's.

What do these so called Chinese have do with anything !!! obviously there is no QA involved, did you make this stuff in the basement - good grief is right.

Let me see if I can remember, mass exodus of rep's followed by disclosure of spiked supp, hum interesting ??? discuss
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by scoooter View Post
    "mistakes happen and Chinese suppliers often screw you"............

I'm sorry I've got to call BullS^it !

You sir and or your contract mfg got screwed and you passed it on to us your consumer's.

What do these so called Chinese have do with anything !!! obviously there is no QA involved, did you make this stuff in the basement - good grief is right.

Let me see if I can remember, mass exodus of rep's followed by disclosure of spiked supp, hum interesting ??? discuss
    FWIW, I liked pretty much (if not) the entire Taurus rep team. I talked to one of the guys after he left and his reasons, as best as I can tell, were/are unrelated to this.

Obviously I'm not a rep for them, so I don't have the insight that everyone from Taurus does, but I just felt that was worth sharing.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    Agreed. It wasn't good that it happened and it is a shame. But Taurus didn't do this intentionally and they are trying to make up for it and move forward just like some other companies have done which I think is more the point of this thread. If anyone is to blame it's the Chinese.
    Ok accepted, they (Taurus) didn't do this intentionally, but they also didn't do anything to prevent it...point & counter point
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    FWIW, I liked pretty much (if not) the entire Taurus rep team. I talked to one of the guys after he left and his reasons, as best as I can tell, were/are unrelated to this.

Obviously I'm not a rep for them, so I don't have the insight that everyone from Taurus does, but I just felt that was worth sharing.
    Thanks ! good info.. FWIW I completely enjoyed their supp Whyked, hope nothing is found in that one.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks ! good info.. FWIW I completely enjoyed their supp Whyked, hope nothing is found in that one.
    Anytime. And Wyked is great...it's better with a dash of meth

35. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Inb4 promo thread lock
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

36. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Ok accepted, they (Taurus) didn't do this intentionally, but they also didn't do anything to prevent it...point & counter point
    but their point in this thread is that not retesting your raws, or not retesting every batch of raws has been a standard in supplement companies forever. Thats why although the FDA sucks balls, the idea of enforcing cGMP manufacturing makes sense as you have to test each batch of raws, then retest whole product once its made.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Inb4 promo thread lock
    Hey, I'm not bashing...just a little 60 minuets type investigating that's all. I'd like to hear from Taurus about their reaction plan and future preventative actions because I do like their products quite alot.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    but their point in this thread is that not retesting your raws, or not retesting every batch of raws has been a standard in supplement companies forever. Thats why although the FDA sucks balls, the idea of enforcing cGMP manufacturing makes sense as you have to test each batch of raws, then retest whole product once its made.
    Should start a thread listing the names of all companies that comply with cGMP manufacturing practices, stick to ordering from those companies.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Hey, I'm not bashing...just a little 60 minuets type investigating that's all. I'd like to hear from Taurus about their reaction plan and future preventative actions because I do like their products quite alot.
    Agreed. Would be more useful than posting this junk
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

40. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    gotta be cGMP certified!

being gmp certified does not prevent you from being a **** up. also, just cuz you were compliant with the rules when they audited you and gave you the stamp of approval doesnt mean you continue to do things correctly once they leave the premises
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 05:07 PM
  3. ***The Official "Iphone Sucks" Thread"***
    By TheMyth in forum General Chat
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM