Just Started REM and Feeling Groggy

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My I didn't mean for it to be a log REM LOG (Just Started REM and Feeling Groggy)

I have been taking REM for 2 or 3 days now & I have noticed that I have been waking up groggy. I have read other people talking about waking up & feeling alert. I have been getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night, but still feel this.

I'm wondering: A) if 3 caps is too much for me (5'8~165) or B) do I need to sleep longer or C) _________

All that being said...this stuff seems to be putting me too sleep pretty quickly and I have been dreaming...I can't ever fall asleep and I rarely ever have dreams.

Last edited:

I have been taking REM for 2 or 3 days now & I have noticed that I have been waking up groggy. I have read other people talking about waking up & feeling alert. I have been getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night, but still feel this.

I'm wondering: A) if 3 caps is too much for me (5'8~165) or B) do I need to sleep longer or C) _________

All that being said...this stuff seems to be putting me too sleep pretty quickly and I have been dreaming...I can't ever fall asleep and I rarely ever have dreams.
Sleep longer is always a great option if its a luxury. How long does the grogginess last?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, that was a quick response! I felt it for about an hour this morning.

And just to be clear to anybody reading this...I'm not knocking this stuff. It really helped me sleep well through the night and that's why I'm asking about this. I usually wake up about every 45 minutes and I only woke up twice last night. I plan to continue using this stuff!

Damn, that was a quick response! I felt it for about an hour this morning.

And just to be clear to anybody reading this...I'm not knocking this stuff. It really helped me sleep well through the night and that's why I'm asking about this. I usually wake up about every 45 minutes and I only woke up twice last night. I plan to continue using this stuff!

We welcome any question...

I call it a deep relaxation and your body might of wanted more sleep and it was interupted. Even without supplements if I wake before my body wants to wake. I feel groggy.

On REM, I wake every morning in a deeply relaxed state that can be considered groggy but after 20 minutes, I am a new man.

Keep us updated and yes you could reduce the dose to 3.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, I am taking 3 right now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again for the quick responses.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
On REM, I wake every morning in a deeply relaxed state that can be considered groggy but after 20 minutes, I am a new man.

EXACTLY the same as for me. Just a relaxed feeling.

I wouldn't want to fly a jet into combat the second I wake up BUT 20 minutes later I am READY to go :)

This stuff is GREAT! BTW for those of you who see that is it suggested to be taken on an empty stomach so you aren't buying it. All I can say is I take it on a FULL stomach and it STILL works great.

Especially if you find you wake up during the night more than you like, THIS is the product for you. I wake up about 10 times a night that was BEFORE REM. Now MAYBE 1 time to go the the bathroom.

The beauty of the product is you don't have to take it for weeks and weeks to see the results. I can go with no REM and the VERY first night I take it, the thing works perfect.

CROWLER

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I experienced this with the BETA REM product.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason I haven't been experiencing nearly as good as effects as I did with the Beta run in comparison to the bottles I just bought. Even at 5 caps, where as 4 caps of BETA did it big time.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
EXACTLY the same as for me. Just a relaxed feeling.

I wouldn't want to fly a jet into combat the second I wake up BUT 20 minutes later I am READY to go :)

This stuff is GREAT! BTW for those of you who see that is it suggested to be taken on an empty stomach so you aren't buying it. All I can say is I take it on a FULL stomach and it STILL works great.

Especially if you find you wake up during the night more than you like, THIS is the product for you. I wake up about 10 times a night that was BEFORE REM. Now MAYBE 1 time to go the the bathroom.

The beauty of the product is you don't have to take it for weeks and weeks to see the results. I can go with no REM and the VERY first night I take it, the thing works perfect.

CROWLER
My sentiments exactly!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I didn't know there was a Beta and a final.

How do you know which one you have?

CROWLER

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
For me, there was a transition period of a couple days befor emy body got fully used to this product.....after that it was golden.

Korrupted

Awards
I used to wake up groggy too for about 10-15 mins. then it would wear off and I felt great and awake for the rest of the day.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me, there was a transition period of a couple days befor emy body got fully used to this product.....after that it was golden.
What type of transition was that? Do you mean that you experienced something similar to what I am experiencing?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I consider this stuff a staple now, wouldn't ever want to do without it. I have experienced grogginess sometimes in the morning, but it's not often and it doesn't last long, maybe an hour. I didn't experience this with the beta that I remember, but that was for a much more limited time.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Crowler -

I'm only referring to it as a BETA because it was the formula being tested and AFAIK it was the same formula but there was 1 cap that made a different. Or it didn't. Anywho, I was referring to the batch I tested.

I used to wake up groggy too for about 10-15 mins. then it would wear off and I felt great and awake for the rest of the day.
Yup thats how good sleep is suppose to work. You almost wake in meditated state.

Interesting. I experienced this with the BETA REM product.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason I haven't been experiencing nearly as good as effects as I did with the Beta run in comparison to the bottles I just bought. Even at 5 caps, where as 4 caps of BETA did it big time.
THe bacopa content is to high but that has been fixed and it should match the beta exactly and even better at only 3 caps. I would use the REM Pre-workout if needed, trust me you will not fall asleep!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
What type of transition was that? Do you mean that you experienced something similar to what I am experiencing?
I had some sleep issues where I would wake up in the middle of the night and be WIDE AWAKE (ultra aware, but was able to fall right back asleep just by closing my eyes). Also, a little something in the mornigns like what you described. It all worked itself out in a couple of days (and upping the dose).

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I had to stop the REM...I was taking 4 caps/night with my casein protein shake and fish oil. I didnt really feel anymore relaxation pre-sleep, and I would wake up groggy as HELL, even after 10+ hours of sleep, and it would last for a good 2-4 hours post wakeup.

Then again, I never had sleeping problems in the past, I was looking to use REM more as a recovery aid type product than a get-me-to-sleep product. If it wasnt for the nasty "hangover-esque" feeling the next day, I would still be using it, because I was definately seeing some leaning out without any change in diet or routine/supplements.

The grogginess was just too much, even with coffee and caffeine pills.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I had to stop the REM...I was taking 4 caps/night with my casein protein shake and fish oil. I didnt really feel anymore relaxation pre-sleep, and I would wake up groggy as HELL, even after 10+ hours of sleep, and it would last for a good 2-4 hours post wakeup.

Then again, I never had sleeping problems in the past, I was looking to use REM more as a recovery aid type product than a get-me-to-sleep product. If it wasnt for the nasty "hangover-esque" feeling the next day, I would still be using it, because I was definately seeing some leaning out without any change in diet or routine/supplements.

Did you try lowering your dose?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had some sleep issues where I would wake up in the middle of the night and be WIDE AWAKE (ultra aware, but was able to fall right back asleep just by closing my eyes).
Funny that you say that. Last night I woke up and was WIDE AWAKE, but this is normal for me. I remember being pissed that I was that wide awake and then the next thing I knew I was rolling over and waking up in the morning. It is because of this that I will continue to use REM...even if there is some grogginess.:yawn: I just took my caps (a little earlier than the last couple of nights). I'll check back in tomorrow.

Why stop just lower the dose to 2 caps and back to wonderland!

imichael

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm having the opposite response, my actual time asleep is shorter than ever. I wake a couple of times a night and can usually go back to sleep within 15 mins, then I'm waking a full hour earlier than normal - 5.30 to 6am.

The weird thing is I actually feel great, no tiredness or grogginess, and when I do sleep it is deeeeep. I nodded off at 11pm last thursday and my neighbours house alarm went off at 11.30 till 1am. I only found out when friends from houses at the other end of our road asked if I'd heard it.

I'll be adding some bottles to the stock cupboard.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My I didn't mean for it to be a log REM LOG

I guess this is turning into my REM Log. I'll try to keep up with it util it gets repetitive or until the thread dies.

Last night was...well...interesting. I took my caps a littler earlier in the night & that MIGHT have helped the grogginess in the morning, but I'm not sure yet. I'll explain below.

So my wife went out with some friends last night & I didn't want to go, so I went to bed. Usually when she gets home from work/partying & wakes me up I am UP & can't fall back asleep. Last night I fell right back asleep.

The awful thing about last night was that my wife kept rolling over on me and kicking me & stealing the covers & pushing her butt on me etc etc...why do women insist on putting their butts on you while sleeping? Anway, I was still able to fall back asleep...This seems to be the strong point for REM & me.

So the reason that I'm not sure about the groggines is b/c I woke up three times in the hour before my alarm went off. And I felt like I wasn't really asleep, but insteasd it was more like I was waiting for the alarm.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I liked powerfull for its sleep enhancing effects, anybody here used both? Is REM3G much different? Is it worth it if your using powerfull?

And any comments about the HGH increasing effects?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I liked powerfull for its sleep enhancing effects, anybody here used both? Is REM3G much different? Is it worth it if your using powerfull?

And any comments about the HGH increasing effects?
I take 3 REM and 1 Powerful before bed. It works wonderfully but I coudln't say that there is a diference between just taking 4 REM.

Last edited:

I take 3 REM and 1 Powerful before bed. It works wonderfully but I coudln't say that there is a diference between just taking 4 REM.

The coma dose is 3 PowerFULL 3 REM and be prepared to drool on the pillow....

take care

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
LOL... I took 3 Powerfull and 2 REM last night, and woke up all covered in slobber. hahahaha.

Spot on prediction, USP.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, so I'm still messing around with what time I take my 3 caps of REM. Last night I took them about 11 hours before I planned on waking up today. I think 10 - 11 hours pre-waking up will work the best for me as far as avoiding grogginess.

There definitely wasn't any grogginess this morning. I woke up about 45 minutes prior to what I had planned b/c I heard my dog gagging. I chased her around the room and threw her on the tile...cleaned up the mess...and then decided to do some AM cardio. Normally I would have gone back to sleep, but I was wide awake and ready to go. Maybe it was due to the mini-marathon around the bedroom...I'm hoping it was a result a of the REM. I would love to wake up feeling that alert every morning!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, so I have posted in a while b/c nothing has really changed. I have decided to take three caps every night around 9pm and I am getting up between 7a and 730a with no problems.

Another note is that I wasn't sure if it was my schedule that was making me tired at night or if it was this stuff. I'm somebody that sleeping pills like Tylenol PM or Unisom don't knock out and this stuff does the job. I take my dose and about 45-60 minutes later I can lay down and go right to sleep. I'm actually starting to fight it right now. Thanks to all of you that kept up with this short lived pseudo log.

Great stuff USP!!!

Kato

Awards
i take rem and i like it. but every other night i wake up drenched in sweat. shirt, sheets and pillow are soaked. sucks. only take 1 rem and 2 cissus 1/2 hour before bed.

camp made me sweat a little but nowhere near as bad as the rem.

why does it make me sweat sooo bad?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read that some other guys have reported the same thing about sweating. I'll try and find it for you and maybe by then USP will have chimed in. I have caught myself going to over to thermostat to turn it down only to find that I've already dropped it for the night.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I personally love the stuff, before i started taking it. NIGHTMARES yep you got it, i have been having some troubling dreams and the dreams that weren't troubling were just really intense and i'd wake up with a sore jaw, from clinching my teeth. After taking REM lights out, i wake up refreshed, i follow with Nuerostim+ C and have a hell of a day. Scivation should hook up with USPlabs on this one make a combo.

Anyways defintly gonna stay staple for a while.

Dr liftalot

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I read that some other guys have reported the same thing about sweating. I'll try and find it for you and maybe by then USP will have chimed in. I have caught myself going to over to thermostat to turn it down only to find that I've already dropped it for the night.

I'm still experimenting with REM. USP sent me a couple to try as I have a very screwed up sleeping schedule and most otc sleep aids don't help me at all. I work a rotating shift, so basically every day/night is almost like its own pattern. I repeat the cycle every 12 days so its hard to get consistent feedback. I've got several more cycles to go through, but experimenting along the way.

I'm going to post the final summary once I figure out what works best, but so far: REM alone does not help me fall asleep. It does however seem to give me a deeper sleep, even though (due to my schedule) I don't sleep for very long. The first night I tried it, it was during my worst sleep night. This for me is the night before my first day back to work. I took 4 caps the first night (USP informed me later I should have started with 2 ..oops).

It is a hard feeling to describe, but this first use was like a calming stimulant. My eyes felt like they kept wanting to open, yet my mind wasn't racing like it normally would be at this time. (I was very aware that I had just taken something and it was definitely having an effect, too much to try to analyze when you are trying to SLEEP... strong focus at night ain't so cool). Unfortunately I didn't sleep well at all. My girlfriend decided to stay up to "help me" get to sleep better since I was trying the REM. This of course backfired as I kept waiting for her to come back in (knowing if I fell asleep she'd wake me up when she came in)... low and behold I finally feel asleep for a few minutes, then she came in and the AC kicked on and slammed the door... very loud. well, that ruined night one! Still, with less than four hours sleep (maybe two hours total) I felt fine the next day.

I normally don't respond so well to melatonin or 5 htp but have been playing around with stacking these with REM. So far, Melatonin and REM together will most likely be my base stack. This makes me relaxed and slightly drowsy (which is what i want). The best combo so far has been 5-htp (100mg) , dhea (25mg), melatonin (3mg), and 4 REM. I think the 5-htp is the culprit in making me very groggy the next day. I am now playing with variations on this combo and timing. For me at least, I think taking the REM an hour before going to bed is better. I do get the heat kick from it, but it mostly seems to happen within the first hour. I need to take the 5-htp earlier than the others in the stack, hopefully that will help with the groggy feeling the next day.

So the early review is that for me REM improves sleep quality, and general well being the following day. I haven't felt tired at all during the day (or at night when one night shift). This alone would be enough. My main issue is actually falling asleep, finding something (non-script) that will put me down with no sides the next day. I can't use ambien or anything like that due to only having 4 hours sometimes. Assuming the synergy in the stacks I mentioned above continues to pan out, I'll be a happy camper. I've not noticed any added benefit from adding powerfull in regards to falling asleep. I've only tried this twice, but at that time was only focusing on falling asleep, not quality of sleep, the next day etc. etc. I'll try this combo again soon once I'm set on the rest of the stack.

USP sent me enough REM to fully test it out in several situations so I'm still experimenting and trying to see what works best with each day/night schedule I deal with. I'd be really curious to hear from any other with either a rotating shift, or even those that just work nights. It really is a totally different world when it comes to sleep patterns, and so far most of the reviews seem to be from people with more "consistent" sleep patterns than me.

TSC

D@LABS

Awards
  • Established
I'm still experimenting with REM. USP sent me a couple to try as I have a very screwed up sleeping schedule and most otc sleep aids don't help me at all. I work a rotating shift, so basically every day/night is almost like its own pattern. I repeat the cycle every 12 days so its hard to get consistent feedback. I've got several more cycles to go through, but experimenting along the way.

I'm going to post the final summary once I figure out what works best, but so far: REM alone does not help me fall asleep. It does however seem to give me a deeper sleep, even though (due to my schedule) I don't sleep for very long. The first night I tried it, it was during my worst sleep night. This for me is the night before my first day back to work. I took 4 caps the first night (USP informed me later I should have started with 2 ..oops).

It is a hard feeling to describe, but this first use was like a calming stimulant. My eyes felt like they kept wanting to open, yet my mind wasn't racing like it normally would be at this time. (I was very aware that I had just taken something and it was definitely having an effect, too much to try to analyze when you are trying to SLEEP... strong focus at night ain't so cool). Unfortunately I didn't sleep well at all. My girlfriend decided to stay up to "help me" get to sleep better since I was trying the REM. This of course backfired as I kept waiting for her to come back in (knowing if I fell asleep she'd wake me up when she came in)... low and behold I finally feel asleep for a few minutes, then she came in and the AC kicked on and slammed the door... very loud. well, that ruined night one! Still, with less than four hours sleep (maybe two hours total) I felt fine the next day.

I normally don't respond so well to melatonin or 5 htp but have been playing around with stacking these with REM. So far, Melatonin and REM together will most likely be my base stack. This makes me relaxed and slightly drowsy (which is what i want). The best combo so far has been 5-htp (100mg) , dhea (25mg), melatonin (3mg), and 4 REM. I think the 5-htp is the culprit in making me very groggy the next day. I am now playing with variations on this combo and timing. For me at least, I think taking the REM an hour before going to bed is better. I do get the heat kick from it, but it mostly seems to happen within the first hour. I need to take the 5-htp earlier than the others in the stack, hopefully that will help with the groggy feeling the next day.

So the early review is that for me REM improves sleep quality, and general well being the following day. I haven't felt tired at all during the day (or at night when one night shift). This alone would be enough. My main issue is actually falling asleep, finding something (non-script) that will put me down with no sides the next day. I can't use ambien or anything like that due to only having 4 hours sometimes. Assuming the synergy in the stacks I mentioned above continues to pan out, I'll be a happy camper. I've not noticed any added benefit from adding powerfull in regards to falling asleep. I've only tried this twice, but at that time was only focusing on falling asleep, not quality of sleep, the next day etc. etc. I'll try this combo again soon once I'm set on the rest of the stack.

USP sent me enough REM to fully test it out in several situations so I'm still experimenting and trying to see what works best with each day/night schedule I deal with. I'd be really curious to hear from any other with either a rotating shift, or even those that just work nights. It really is a totally different world when it comes to sleep patterns, and so far most of the reviews seem to be from people with more "consistent" sleep patterns than me.

TSC

I prefer 9mg melatonin and 3 REM 30 minutes before I want to go to bed- I love the fact that it does improve my sleep quality drastically, b/c, like TSC, I don't have much time to sleep:)

As for working a rotating shift, my wife is an RN who works nights, but also fills in days as well. Essentially, swing shifts create a scenario similar to jet lag, and melatonin has been shown in studies to allow the body to better adjust to this condition. Judging from what my wife says, REM along w/ melatonin is the best thing she has taken to alleviate the fatigue of working swing shifts- but this is purely anecdotal, of course;)