ALCAR + mitochondrial uncoupling

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So is it possible to get DNP type mitochondrial uncoupling from a high enough dose of ALCAR? and what sort of dosing would that be, and what other dangers would it carry?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may be possible, but you will need a good dose of potent anti-O's before, during, and after.

Also, it's "uncoupler" :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes, funny when I did google searches I used uncoupling but somehow typed decoupling here :D

flu1d

flu1d

Awards
Not sure about the whole uncoupling thing but I'm currently running ALCAR at 6g a day, 3 x 2g doses, and have ran it at 10g in the past. No sides noticed, just lots of fat lost. I can't imagine how ALCAR can achieve something DNP can though? Sounds whacky! :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm interesting. I may go higher, need to do more capping then, and order more :) only grabbed 100g last time

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Too much ALCAR would probably deplete the brain of a lot of choline and dopamine, so it'd be wise to supplement with some choline and L-Phenylalanine whilst doing an ALCAR megadosing protocol.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I would add some choline in there with your caps.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I SAID IT FIRST! GO TO HELL! COPYCAT BASTARD! WAHHHHH! :aargh:
Awww Damn it. Didn't see your post.

<Actually I ignore most F.O.G. posts>

:toofunny:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got around 200 1000mg phosphatadyl choline caps, and 300g I think of DL-Phenylalanine so I can do that, plus IGF-2, and regularly take resveratrol as an antioxidant. could buy some noxidant too

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess that is another related q, should the alcar be spread in many doses or is just 2 doses ok? would 2g 5x a day be better than 5g 2x?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I guess that is another related q, should the alcar be spread in many doses or is just 2 doses ok? would 2g 5x a day be better than 5g 2x?
Better to be spread out. You can crash if you dose too much at once. Ramp your way up and titrate back down to avoid any unwanted cognitive rebound.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got around 200 1000mg phosphatadyl choline caps, and 300g I think of DL-Phenylalanine so I can do that, plus IGF-2, and regularly take resveratrol as an antioxidant. could buy some noxidant too
Yea thats another option but I'd have to wait since funds are a little low til monday. maybe dose the NO-xidant 2caps with each dose (if you do it 2x's a day)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
try adding plcar, plcar+alcar=potent combo. i like adding them to poseidon-down side is taste but crystal light takes care of most of it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
try adding plcar, plcar+alcar=potent combo. i like adding them to poseidon-down side is taste but crystal light takes care of most of it.
what have you been noticing? I have 100gr of ALCAR stil along with a full tub of posiedon. Depending on your answer I may pick up some PLCAR........decisions riding on you bigt :bruce2:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have 500g of alcar, was going to dose in the 12-15g a day range :D

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have 500g of alcar, was going to dose in the 12-15g a day range :D
See I wanted to but forgot to order NO-Xident my last NP order :frustrate

I have the basic anti-ox supps;Green Tea, CoQ10, Vit E, ALA, Vit C...but that NO-Xident.....now she look real purdy to me :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yah, i have ala, green tea, vit c, fish oil, SAMe ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what have you been noticing? I have 100gr of ALCAR stil along with a full tub of posiedon. Depending on your answer I may pick up some PLCAR........decisions riding on you bigt :bruce2:
more energy. plus a nice boost in libido. also noticed improved recovery. imo plcar is very worthwhile.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What if I did this 2x's day

5gr ALCAR
250mg ALA
1gr Vit C
400iu Vit E
1 scoop Cycle Support
Add some ALA. Let's lower blood sugar to get some AMPK activation, as well as protect against the ketone bodies that form, as well as the acetaldehyde which might accumulate when the acetyl ether gets stripped.

Personally, I think this is not going to work. ALCAR serves too many other purposes in the body, and is used to make ATP. DNP blocks the sythesis of ATP.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add some ALA. Let's lower blood sugar to get some AMPK activation, as well as protect against the ketone bodies that form, as well as the acetaldehyde which might accumulate when the acetyl ether gets stripped.

Personally, I think this is not going to work. ALCAR serves too many other purposes in the body, and is used to make ATP. DNP blocks the sythesis of ATP.
Can't hate a man for trying :sad:

I read last night for about 2 hours on DNP and the blocking ATP is what makes it pretty unique (and effective)