caffeine+ALCAR+ theanine

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I usually just take two 200mg tabs of caffeine with some coffee before workouts. Was contemplating adding in ALCAR and theanine for more focus and mental boost. Anyone have any personal experience using these as a preworkout? I know some use as nootropics but Idk if it's just hype or what. Any specific dosage to use?

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
I never workout without my combo of 300mg caffeine, 75** mg teacrine, 500 alcar and 500 choline. It's an awesome combo. I think the hype is around the tunnel vision you can get.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I'll have to look into the choline, I enjoy a few simple staple products as opposed to preworkout concoctions

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
Definitely give it a shot. When I lift late and avoid the stims I still throw down 500 choline and ALCAR. It's a great combo

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use caffeine and theanine all the time, but I'm not a fan of huge theanine doses, especially pre-workout. 100-200mg theanine is plenty IMO. However, if you like an aggressive, edgy, or "cracked out" feeling from pre-workouts, theanine isn't for you, as it promotes a cleaner, focused energy with caffeine. ALCAR is great too, but I'd use at least 1g. Some people even do 2g, or 1g twice a day. Choline also goes well with these, but the dose depends on the type of choline. For CDP-Choline, 250mg is a solid dose. For Alpha-GPC, 200mg is the minimum I'd want for a solid dose, with 600mg being the max, and for choline bitartrate, 2g is a solid dose, but some people enjoy even 1g.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually use Focus XT pre work which has caffein and ALCAR (and other noots). It's a good stack for the go.