manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I am going to be beginning a run of Primaforces Creatine Mono., and I wanted to know if the loading phase is necessary?

I have heard many different thing...some saying it is...some saying it isn't...

So I'm like.....:aargh:

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
No need.. just do ~5g a day, you'll be good to go..

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
No need.. just do ~5g a day, you'll be good to go..
Agreed.

I view creatine like a *background* supplement... like a multi-v/m. No need for special loading phase (though unnecessary, loading does *work*).

Just take your dose consistently every day and reap the rewards.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Awards
no loading necessary

It's true that loading with creatine or taking creatine with dextrose will saturate you more quickly. However, after 30 days of taking 2-5g/ day, you will also be saturated. In other words, there is no way to "super-saturate" with creatine and all methods of delivery at the end of 30 days will yield the same saturation level of 160mm/mol.

There is also no reason to cycle off creatine as studies have shown that even after 5 years of continuous creatine usage, your endogenous creatine production will return to normal within 30 days of stopping cold turkey.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some people load, some people don't. I choose to do so, but obviously refer to the posts above. It's all up to you.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
It's true that loading with creatine or taking creatine with dextrose will saturate you more quickly. However, after 30 days of taking 2-5g/ day, you will also be saturated. In other words, there is no way to "super-saturate" with creatine and all methods of delivery at the end of 30 days will yield the same saturation level of 160mm/mol.

There is also no reason to cycle off creatine as studies have shown that even after 5 years of continuous creatine usage, your endogenous creatine production will return to normal within 30 days of stopping cold turkey.
What he said.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established

Do you have a reference for these studies of 5 years of continuous usage?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Hey thanks for all the replies guys I really appreciate it. I think I will go with 10g a day steady...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah just run it at 10-15 or even 20gr/day. Thats what i do :D
I never got any added benifit from loading.
Bump to this. Creatine Monohydrate is so cheap, may as well take more of it. I don't see any negative effects from it. I get in about 10g/day. Even with CEE I'll take 10g/day.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
My creatine that I just got from Primaforce doesn't say Micronized on it...? Is that a bad thing?

Or what is the difference?

I thought that all creatines were "Micronized" now.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
My creatine that I just got from Primaforce doesn't say Micronized on it...? Is that a bad thing?

Or what is the difference?

I thought that all creatines were "Micronized" now.
Does it say CreaPure anywhere?

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
This is the product I got....

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/540/creaform.html

I don't see CreaPure anywhere...
Hmmm. Then I think it is not micronized. Creapure is micronized and is used in a whole bunch of creatine mono products by lots of companies. I'm not familiar with PrimaForce, so if it doesn't have the creapure trademark on the label, it is probably not micronized. This just means you may get a bit of an upset stomach with it. It will still work just fine.

But once you get through that bucket, you may consider switching to Optimum Nutrition or another brand that uses Creapure. Especially if the PrimaForce upsets your stomach. Some people don't have a problem with it.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks ecto...The reason I have chosen Primaforce is the past successes that I have had with their products, such as:extend.

So I guess we will se how it effects my stomach....

So you don't believe their is any difference in bioavailability do you?

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ecto...The reason I have chosen Primaforce is the past successes that I have had with their products, such as:extend.

So I guess we will se how it effects my stomach....

So you don't believe their is any difference in bioavailability do you?
Naw, I don't think so. Should work the same. If it doesn't upset your stomach, then you're good to go. If it does, then you might want to find a product with Creapure and try that.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
for me i only really noticed a difffernce with creatine when i took 15 g a day as opposed to 10 or 5.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks for your opinion Opfor...

Dude you need to change your avatar, that just isn't fair...:chick: :aargh:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it a cameltoe? Damn! i wish my screen was bigger lol.

micronized is just smaller "grains" of creatine.