What is your favorite Print Magazine? why? Poll-Free PSlin Free PSlin

Favorite Print Magazine--FREE PLSIN

• Total voters

Vote in the Poll and post the reason behind your vote.

We will have a lottery drawing giving away 15 bottles of PSLIN.

Each answer should begin in this sequence " I voted for ____ because"

Rules:

To qualify for the free lottery, your response should exceed 5 sentences.

One entry per contestant and you may edit as many times as needed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Men's Health seems to have a nice blend of overall lifestyle features, and not overly heavy on the ads.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I voted for men's health because it has the best variety, realistic goals, and isnt too filled with ads. I currently did a paper for school comparing magazines and found the october Muscle and Fitness to have 142 different ads in it. Plus they had a lot of advertising that look liked legit articles... could defiently be confusing to some. Men's Health is also has a very reasonable price for subscription. I also like some of there specail editions like the tech issue around to holidays. IMO they dont not seem to be bias when it comes to supplements which is nice, and finally i learned about the best training equipment i own thanks to them.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I voted for Flex. Reason: IMHO most magazines cover the same stuff over and over again, so I've pretty much read them all over the course of the last 13 years. Flex seems to cover a little bit better over all work out ideas, isolations, etc. I don't subscribe, but its at my gym. Does this count as a sentence? I do tend to read most publications that focus on more of the hard core training, but what you read and what you do are 2 different things right? Who am I kidding, I'll read anything you put in front of me. My girlfriend caught me reading her Redbook this last weekend.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite print magazine is autoweek :) All of the bodybuilding related magaznes have way too much in ads. I do read them from time to time at the checkout in a grocery store, and occasionally do buy one but I'm inevitable disappointed. I can find all the disinformation I need online instead. Autoweek has a good mix of content on upcoming cars, long term (1yr) reviews of cars, racing news plus a little bit of comic relief on the last page every issue.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I voted for Fitness RX because they have a cool section where they have the latest scientific news and studies in variouse catagories! Now hand me thy PSlin please!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Well my favorite print was Penthouse, before the internet, other than that I dig Sports Compact Car.

But I voted for Ironman because I like reading what Skip La Cour has to say and Charles Poliquin also submits articles.

However, I don't buy any muscle rags. Just peep them at the grocery store and the like for the ads, and see if they have anything interesting thet haven't already covered....

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
I voted for Muscle and Fitness. After subscribing to many different in the past this is the one I am sticking with. It reaches out to people in all areas of fitness; the hardcore and the softcore, those focused on strength and also those focused on mass, those focused on nutrition / supplementing and also those focused on exercises. There is always tons of great info in there, regarding all aspects of the lifestyle. M&F FTW!!!

ddouble

Awards
I voted for Muscular Development because it is the most entertaining print magazine devoted to bodybuilding. I enjoy the MD People section and the show coverage is more expansive than other mags. I enjoy the monthly columns from the boydbuilders in MD as well. They appear to be actually written by the bodybuilder as opposed to the stuff in other mags. I also enjoy the columns from PA, Llewellyn (sp.) and Hany Rambod. The recent addition of highlighing women's bodybuilding is also a plus.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i voted for fitness rx because i like the layout and organization of the magazine. their articles are quick, simple, and packed with scientific information on nutrition and exercise. the section covering all the latest scientific studies is unique to fitness rx and is my favorite part. for someone like myself with ADD, i don't get lost in it and end up reading it cover to cover. it is the only fitness magazine i continue to buy.

avenue Red

Awards
The reason I voted for Men's Health is because my Dad has been buying it for years and as I got into being more healthy I would tend to read it more and more. It interests me alot and its just something of habit when I go to the grocery store to buy it. It has alot of different stuff in it and not just one specific read so you get to read about alot more stuff.

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
I voted for Muscle & Fitness. THis is by far my favorite out of the above choices. It does have a lot of ridiculous ******Tech ads but if you can stomach those i think that it has a lot of good training articles. I especially enjoyed this latest issue because of the Bodypart workouts that they had in there. I also like the supplements section and the page where they put the free supp deals. Just my .02

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I voted for Fitness RX because they have a cool section where they have the latest scientific news and studies in variouse catagories! Now hand me thy PSlin please!
Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Your post was NOT longer than 5 sentences, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

Juicaholic

Awards
I voted for Muscular Development because it is the only magazine that is very informative and entertaining. They cover all aspects of bodybuilding. They give you the truth. IMO it is the only magazine worth its cost. And as mentioned above it has alot of entertainment value. There are articles that will make you laugh and provide insight into things the other mags would never touch.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Powerlifting USA should be included in the poll! Thats my favorite magazine. You get good advice from all of the top lifters/coaches in the sport without them try to sell you something. The "6-page ad reports" in most magazines (and starting to appear in PLUSA much to my shagrin) are retarded. In most of the weider publications there are at least 3-4 of them.

I am also partial to this mag because I am a powerlifter, lol.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Your post was NOT longer than 5 sentences, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

Read it people.... Dsade has typed a post w/ no sexual references! That I am catching at least...................

Now...... edit it to contain the above mentioned references please and thank you kind sir.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like Planet Muscle probably more then any of those other magazines. First off Jeff Everson seems like he's a pretty decent guy and I remember watching him way back in the day on some bodybuilding show he had that was on real early in the morning. Anyone remember the name of it? They advertised for Powerblocks and it was one of the first places I saw creatine mentioned on TV. As for the magazine, there training info is pretty decent although Flex's might be better sometimes. However, they ALWAY have smoking hot chicks with amazing backsides. In fact I think there used to be a Glute Review section entitled "We like Em' Round". I like em round to so obviously that get's my vote. Then of course there is this direct quote from Planet Muscle;
Planet Muscle awarded USP Labs with "Most Innovative of 2006."

Obviously that speaks for itself.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Powerlifting USA should be included in the poll! Thats my favorite magazine. You get good advice from all of the top lifters/coaches in the sport without them try to sell you something. The "6-page ad reports" in most magazines (and starting to appear in PLUSA much to my shagrin) are retarded. In most of the weider publications there are at least 3-4 of them.

I am also partial to this mag because I am a powerlifter, lol.
Hey Nick, did you see the latest copy of Power Lifting USA? I was told they did a review of Cycle Support. I am still trying to get my hands on a copy. Let me know if you see it. And no we did not buy any ad space to get the write up :)

Thanks,

CROWLER

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Hey Nick, did you see the latest copy of Power Lifting USA? I was told they did a review of Cycle Support. I am still trying to get my hands on a copy. Let me know if you see it. And no we did not buy any ad space to get the write up :)

Thanks,

CROWLER
It was mentioned in one of the articles by that doctor guy, lol. I have the mag, its just at my dads house. If you want I might be able to scan a copy of the article and send it to you this weekend.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Nah that is ok. I am sure I can find a copy at one of the local gyms. Thank you for the offer.

CROWLER

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I voted for other. I don't like Muscle Mags. They aren't even magazines, they are catalogs really. Just big advertisements. I really don't find them interesting all. PC world is my favorite magazine at the moment.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didnt vote, but why arent playboy, penthouse, barely legal, juggs, etc on there? Those are the best magazines for PCT imo. :hammer:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I voted for "Other" - which is "Reps", because it has actually has information that is HELPFUL. The main reason I buy it is because of the science behind the readings. It's not filled with crappy MT promos either! When I see a cover that reads, "Add 2 inches to your arms in 15 days, in only 15 minutes a week" - I have to pass. Most of the magazines listed above are only out for the dollars it generates through advertisment that fills the magazine, and ultimately takes away from the content.

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
I voted for Men's Health...because it is not loaded with pictures of "roided" up body builders with the genetics of superman. This magazine is my favorite to read not because of the workouts or excercises they give, but because of the health bulletins, I learn something everytime I open a new issue. Plus the Jimmy the Bartender section is usually pretty entertaining. Yes these magazines have alot of advertisements, but on a positive note to that, is most of those supplements advertised are complete garbage so they serve as learning tool on what not to buy. Another reason I read Men's Health is because unlike alot of magazines out there MH doesnt make rediculous claims about gains from using their workout programs.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use to get Mens Health. It started to get a lil to metro for me....is it still that way?

I didnt vote, but why arent playboy, penthouse, barely legal, juggs, etc on there? Those are the best magazines for post cycle therapy imo. :hammer:
"other" can be anything you want it to be.:thumbsup:

TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

Awards
I voted for "Reps!" it is my favorite. Reps has great articles with a scientific aproach with large pictures and helpful tips with form. each issue has great recipes and nutrition tips. one of my favorite parts the sexy fitness models section in each issue. Towards the back there is a section called strong words which has intersting motovational statemens about or by bodybuildings elite.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I voted for mens health because it has the most interesting articles and the least amount of hype in it out of any magazine. It always has a wide variety of stuff to read, and I'm not constantly skipping through 5 page muscletech ads. On top of that I feel that Mens Health contains the most helpful advice on diet, and even has recipes for good stuff every month. The pull-out training posters they have can be helpful for stirring up your training too. I plan on getting a new subscription now that I'm at a new address, and it will definitely be for Mens Health.

Dalamara

Awards
I voted for muscle and fitness because the magazine is entertaining. I don't really look at these fitness magazines for information, although sometimes I'll stumble across an article that reveals something I didn't know. Mostly I just read it for something to do, and to that end I like muscle and fitness the best. It's pretty interesting to see all the crazy workouts in there. For me muscle and fitness is just the most enjoyable magazine to read. Just seeing all the huge guys gets me motivated.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I voted for "Other" - which is "Reps", because it has actually has information that is HELPFUL. The main reason I buy it is because of the science behind the readings. It's not filled with crappy MT promos either! When I see a cover that reads, "Add 2 inches to your arms in 15 days, in only 15 minutes a week" - I have to pass. Most of the magazines listed above are only out for the dollars it generates through advertisment that fills the magazine, and ultimately takes away from the content.

I took a look at their website and the cover of this months mag says you can have abs like this (with an arrow pointing at a pro BB abs) in less than 2 months? hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

CROWLER

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I voted for Flex because I used to pick it up at the gym to read. I also find that the articles inside of them were pretty decent and not filled with ads. I dislike magazines that lie to the public to endorse their products. Although most magazines will have these ads from time to time, I found Flex to be pretty ad free. Seeing some of the huge pro body builders in Flex makes me want to work harder seeing as how they can do reach their goals, I too can obtain my goal as well.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha-Ha! You're so right! WTF!?! I'll just stick to PlayBoy!

I took a look at their website and the cover of this months mag says you can have abs like this (with an arrow pointing at a pro BB abs) in less than 2 months? hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

JJC

Awards
  • Established
A year ago I would've said Men's Health. But I think that that magazine caters to a broader demographic, most of which are guys who simply are looking to get into shape. I think most people on this site would agree that the members of this community are looking to push ourselves further than that. Men's Health does a good job of providing information to those who know nothing about about fitness and can be used as a good jumping off point into a more rigorous lifting, dieting, and supplementation protocol.

That's why I'm about to vote for Fitness Rx. This magazine does an excellent job of using real scientific research to write its articles. I'm not saying that Men's Health doesn't do this (because they do), but Fitness Rx isn't afraid to get into more detail because they know their demographic is interested in these facts (which is why most people on this site come here). On the other hand, a lot of the other muscle mags consist of anecdotal information that may only work for the guys in the pictures that are juicing. And speaking of pictures, most of the other magazines saturate their pages with eye candy for muscle-philiacs...

PSlin or not, I think a lot of people would be really interested in this lesser known publication.

Barry Bonds

Barry Bonds

Banned
Awards
I like Men's Fitness...the men are sexier and it reminds me of the days when Matt Williams and I used to go trolling for guys in the Castro. Good times.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I voted for Muscular Development because it offers about the same info on the other mag I read, which is Fitness RX.
IMO, all mags will contain some type of bs. I just find that the bs in MD are easier for me to take in and accept. :D
In general, I have only picked up 2 copies of MD and at the moment I do not see myself going to another mag.

Edit: even though it does not meet the 5 sentence requirement, I feel that my post is short and straight to the point.

P.S. Did I win yet?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody voting for "Exercise: For Men Only"?

:)

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL! Matt you crack me up man! So let me edit my post!

I voted for Fitness RX because they have a cool section where they have the latest scientific news and studies in variouse catagories! It is the only magazine I actually read from from, even the little junk adds for maximum penis legnth now! If you looking for a magazine to put up USP Labs Ads, then I suggest doing it with this one. It has articles with scientific studies rather than crap like musle tech. USP is a good brand, so put it in a good magazine that is respectable and where the ads are actually going to be read. In all the other magazines there are so many ads that I just skip them all cuz its too cluttered. Now hand me thy PSlin please!:thumbsup:

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
LOL! Matt you crack me up man! So let me edit my post!

I voted for Fitness RX because they have a cool section where they have the latest scientific news and studies in variouse catagories! It is the only magazine I actually read from from, even the little junk adds for maximum penis legnth now! If you looking for a magazine to put up USP Labs Ads, then I suggest doing it with this one. It has articles with scientific studies rather than crap like musle tech. USP is a good brand, so put it in a good magazine that is respectable and where the ads are actually going to be read. In all the other magazines there are so many ads that I just skip them all cuz its too cluttered. Now hand me thy PSlin please!:thumbsup:
I think the section that is covered in Fitness RX also appears in MD, that is why I swapped over. More pages to flip = good can reading material :D

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
I voted for muscular development due to the amounts of research done in some issues, and some of the columns and articles are very entertaining.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I voted for MD because of sheer volume to start with, even though it's full of ads. I enjoy the supplement science and supplement review sections. They have a nice mix of male and female physique. Usually nothing to raunchy either, if I wanted porn I would buy it, which I don't. It's really the only mag I buy. None of them really compare to the forums for me.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
MD - has the biggest collection of new studies summarized those first few sections.

I like that because I don't have the time to read PubMed in depth nearly as much now days. If I see something in MD that catches my eye - I'll go find the article online and read the whole thing.

(They don't always come to the same conclusion I would.)

I've got an idea for a component in a supp using this method.

nicholas

nicholas

Awards
I voted for other because you didn't have Fitness and Physique listed. It is one of my favorite natural bodybuilding magazines. I enjoy seeing many of my favorite pro bodybuilders all in one magazine. Seeing pictures of what athletes like Doug Miller, Kurt Weidner, Brian Whitacre, and Layne Norton can do naturally inspires me to keep training hard. Also I know that any supplementation recommended in that magazine is legal in many of the natural federations. Also the nutritional articles in there have helped me in reaching the lowest level of body-fat I have ever attained. Their magazine might not be the biggest or most well known but it is packed with great reading material and all the best in natural bodybuilding!

BTW I have seen your ads in their magazine, Dougs affiliation has prompted me to give some of your products a try. My next order hopefully will include powerfull and anabolic pump. Good job picking a great athlete to sponsor.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I voted for Other because I really enjoy Men's Journal; it has lots of information about traveling, health and other aspects of an outdoor and active lifestyle. The magazine isn't flooded with over-hyped supplements such as Muscle Tech, and the information in the magazine is always very useful. I also like how it's not loaded with a bunch of raunchy pictures; I can read it in public and not feel like a complete tool.

donny

Awards
I voted for Muscular Development magazine due to a few factors. I like the authors themselves of the articles, they have PA, Romano, and if im not mistaken Valentino as well. The magazine doesn't talk about stuff non-related to bodybuilding / fitness like some other magazines do (mens health). They have a all around good balance of nutrition / training / supp articles, that have both science and some lay terms so they are interesting yet not boring. I actually like the supplement ads, good to see whats up and coming and out there. I have not read every single bodybuilding / fitness magazine out there but out of the few I have MD seems the best overall.

bluecollar

bluecollar

Awards
MD is the only one worth my money informative and entertaining

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I voted for mens health because its an all around good magazine. I like some of the different training methods they have in some of the articles. Also like seeing some of the other workouts of athletes and actors. I like the nutritions stuff as well. Its not to overhyped. They also hit on other topics besides just fitness to.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
Vote in the Poll and post the reason behind your vote.

We will have a lottery drawing giving away 15 bottles of PSLIN.

Each answer should begin in this sequence " I voted for ____ because"

Rules:

To qualify for the free lottery, your response should exceed 5 sentences.

One entry per contestant and you may edit as many times as needed.
duh m&f, its made by the man who pushed body building in to the future!!!!!!!
not only that but he put it on the map ! plus the articles are great!!! it gives training tips, different exercises and supp info ! why would i buy a md all they have is the same old same old and krappy looking ads! all the other mags are really made for men that want to look like women !